A pet-friendly weekend cottage break in the Lake District
We've teamed up with Sally's Lake District Cottages to offer one lucky AOL Travel reader and up to 11 guests the chance to win a three-night weekend break in a beautiful cottage in Loweswater, worth over £650*.
Get away from it all at Low Millgillhead, a Georgian farmhouse with stunning Lakeland views, a cosy sitting room complete with an open fire, a fabulous kitchen and a dining room with original slate flags. The property has six bedrooms and WiFi throughout, plus it's pet-friendly so you can bring up to three dogs on holiday with you - your four-legged friends will love the cottage's huge gardens and grounds.
Low Millgillhead, which starred in Hollywood film Miss Potter, is located in the North-Western Lake District, characterised by a beautiful lake surrounded by woods rich with wildlife and nature.
One of the most popular things to do in the Lakes is to put on your walking boots and head out on a hike. Loweswater is perfect for a group walk especially on a clear, fresh day. After all that walking, you can relax with a drink at the award-winning pub at the head of the lake which serves real local ales.
The Ennerdale Valley is nearby and is one of the most remote and peaceful valleys in the whole of the Lake District. There are hundreds of walks here, which are ideal for all fitness levels, whether you're after a challenging trek or a gentle stroll in the stunning surroundings.
Sally's Cottages has over 300 cosy cottages throughout the Lake District, many of which have walks from the front door, traditional wood burners or open fires and are pet-friendly. The cottage provider offers weekend breaks and full week holidays.
For your chance to win a three-night break in the Lake District, submit your details in the form below before 13 January 2015.
Completion message :
Thanks for entering!
The prize promotion is open to all UK residents aged 18 years or over except employees (and their families) of AOL Travel, Sally’s Lake District Cottages and any affiliates or subsidiary companies, as well as representatives or agents of AOL, Sally’s Lake District Cottages and anyone else who may be involved or connected with the prize promotion. Any entries submitted by agents or third parties will be invalid and will not be accepted by the Promoter.
You may enter this prize promotion by completing the online entry form.
There will be one winner.
The prize(s) will consist of a three-night stay at Low Millgillhead in the Lake District from Friday 6 March to Monday 9 March 2015 and must be redeemed on these dates. The cottage sleeps a maximum of 12 guests and three dogs.
The prize promotion closing date is 13 January 2015 (the “Closing Date”) and any entries received after the Closing Date will not be accepted by the Promoter.
The winning entry/entries will be selected at random on 13 January 2015 and the winner(s) will be notified by email within 7 days. To contact you we will use the contact details supplied by you when entering the prize promotion.
8. If you are notified of a winning entry, you must confirm acceptance by both telephone and email to claim your prize. If you do not reply to confirm acceptance within 5 days of being notified as a winner, we may offer your prize to someone else
9. Only one entry per person is permitted.
10. Submission of entries will not constitute proof of receipt and no responsibility will be accepted by the Promoter for entries or acceptances which the Promoter does not receive. The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or corruption of data in transit. No responsibility will be accepted for entries or acceptances which are lost, delayed or damaged in the post or elsewhere. Illegible, incomplete, late or defaced entries will be disqualified.
11. The prize(s) must be taken as offered. No cash equivalent or other alternative prize(s) are available in whole or in part except as provided for in these terms and conditions.
12. All prize(s) are non-transferable and where prize(s) consist of tickets to events, all such tickets are non-refundable. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute prize(s) of an equivalent value should the prize(s) become unavailable for any reason. If any winner is not able for whatever reason to accept the prize(s), then the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize(s) to another participant.
13. A list of winners' names and locations can be obtained by sending a SAE to the Promoter after 13 January 2015.
14. The winner(s) agree to participate in any publicity or other such promotional activities which the Promoter may reasonably require in connection with the prize promotion and the Promoter shall have the right to use each winner’s name, likeness, image, voice and biographical information for advertising and promotional purposes in connection with the prize promotion in all media without further notice and without the need to make any payment to any winner for such use.
15. By submitting an image or any other materials (“Submission”) in relation to this prize promotion you: (i) confirm the grant by you to us of a worldwide, perpetual, royalty free licence in the Intellectual Property Rights in your Submission, (ii) waive any moral rights and like rights you have in relation to the Submission so that we shall be entitled to use the Submission in any and all media at no cost to us and (iii) warrant to us that the Submission is owned and controlled by you and that you have the right, power and authority to grant the rights set out in these Terms and have obtained all the necessary approvals, consents and licences to grant rights pursuant to these terms and conditions; warrant that your Submission will not infringe the Intellectual Property Rights, privacy or any other rights of any third party; will not contain anything which is untrue, defamatory, obscene, indecent, harassing or threatening; warrant that your Submission does not violate any applicable law or regulation (including any laws regarding anti-discrimination or false advertising); and warrant that your Submission is not obscene or pornographic.
16. The decision of the Promoter is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into regarding the outcome of the prize promotion.
17. No purchase is necessary to enter this prize promotion.
18. Promoter: AOL (UK) Limited, Shropshire House, 11-20 Capper St, London, WC1E 6JA
19. Prize Provider: Sally’s Lake District Cottages