Private tasting session and create your own whisky with Whyte & Mackay.
Win a private tasting session and create your own whisky with Whyte & Mackay.
The British & Irish Lions are renowned for creating the very best blend of age and experience from the UK and Ireland – an ethos shared by whisky company Whyte & Mackay.
Combining the finest aged single malts from two of Scotland’s most famous distilling regions, Highland and Speyside, the whisky’s surprisingly smooth taste is richer.
To celebrate Whyte & Mackay’s 2017 partnership with the British and Irish Lions, Whyte & Mackay is offering a rare opportunity to learn how to create a blend as smooth as the Lions team, with a chance to win a bespoke whisky-tasting experience for two at its headquarters in Glasgow.
Hosted by master blender Gregg Glass, the experience will welcome the winners into the world of whisky making. They will enjoy a tasting of Whyte & Mackay’s triple-matured classic before creating a personalised blend to take home with them.
The private tasting experience includes travel and a hotel stay and dinner in Scotland’s largest city during 2017.
To be in with a chance of winning a private tasting session, simply complete the form below by midnight on 16 July 2017.
Win a private tasting session and create your own whisky - terms and conditions.
Read these terms and conditions fully before entering the prize draw to win a private tasting session with Whyte & Mackay.
1. This prize draw is open to residents of the UK Mainland only, aged 18 years or over, except employees of Telegraph Media Group Limited and its group companies (“Promoter”), and Whyte & Mackay Ltd (“Whyte & Mackay”) employees, their families, agents or anyone else professionally associated with the draw.
2. Details of how to enter form part of the terms and conditions. It is a condition of entry that all rules are accepted as final and that the competitor agrees to abide by these rules. The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
3. Entries must be submitted via the web address tgr.ph/whyteandmackay and entry is restricted to one entry per person. Once submitted, entries cannot be amended in any way.
4. Late, illegible, incomplete, defaced or corrupt entries or entries sent through agencies and third parties will not be accepted. No responsibility can be accepted for lost entries and proof of despatch will not be accepted as proof of receipt. One winner will be drawn at random from all entries received by the closing date. The winner’s name and county can be obtained by sending a SAE to Whyte & Mackay Prize Draw Winner, SPARK, Telegraph Media Group, 111 Buckingham Palace Road, London SW1W 0DT within one month after the closing date of the prize draw.
5. All entries must be received by midnight on Sunday, July 16, 2017.
6. The winner will be contacted by the Promoter by telephone or email within 14 days of the closing date of the prize draw. Should the Promoter be unable to contact the winner or should the winner be unable to accept the prize, the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to an alternative winner, drawn in accordance with these terms and conditions.
7. The prize as described is available on the date of publication. Should the prize become unavailable, a substitute of equal value will be provided.
8. One winning entrant will win a private whisky-tasting experience for two at Whyte & Mackay’s headquarters in Glasgow. The prize package comprises:
One night’s accommodation for two in a 3-star hotel in central Glasgow, based on two people sharing a twin or double room on a bed and breakfast basis;
Return economy class rail or air travel to Glasgow;
Refund of expenses for return taxi transfers between the winner’s home and the airport or railway station of departure;
Refund of expenses for taxi transfers within Glasgow;
Private whisky-tasting experience with Whyte & Mackay Blender and Whisky Maker, Gregg Glass, that includes the winner creating their own personal Whyte & Mackay Scotch Whisky blend and one bottle of that blend to keep (please note – the bottle will be sent to the winner’s home address); and
One dinner and drinks for two up to the total value of £100.
NB The winner’s guest must be aged 18 years or older. Taxi fares will be reimbursed to the winner after the prize has been taken.
9. The prize must be taken as one package before June 30, 2018.
10. The prize does not include travel insurance, personal expenditure or incidental costs, other than where mentioned.
11. The prize is subject to availability, non transferable and there are no cash alternatives.
12. The winner may be required to participate in reasonable publicity on behalf Whyte & Mackay and of the Promoter.
13. Entrants’ data will be used for the purpose of administration of this prize draw and in accordance with the permissions granted or withheld at the point of entry.
14. Events may occur that render the prize draw itself or the awarding of the prize impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the Promoter and accordingly the Promoter may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the promotion and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to the Promoter as a result thereof.
15. The Promoter is responsible for the first part of the promotion, which is the publication and adjudication of the prize draw. Provision of the prizes is the responsibility of Whyte & Mackay.
16. These Terms and Conditions are to be interpreted in accordance with English law and any dispute arising out of these Terms or their subject matter is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
Promoter: Telegraph Media Group Limited, 111 Buckingham Palace Road, London SW1W 0DT.