STAR TREK 2017 LAS VEGAS SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, CANADA (EXCEPT THE PROVINCE OF QUEBEC), THE UNITED KINGDOM AND GERMANY, WHO ARE 18 YEARS OF AGE AND OLDER OR THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN THEIR COUNTRY OF RESIDENCE AT TIME OF ENTRY.
VOID IN PUERTO RICO, THE PROVINCE OF QUEBEC AND WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Star Trek 2017 Las Vegas Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, Canada (except the Province of Quebec), The United Kingdom and Germany who are 18 years of age and older or the age of majority in their country of residence at time of entry ("Eligible Participant"). Void in PR, the Province of Quebec and where prohibited. Employees, directors and officers, and their immediate families (spouse, parents, children, siblings, and their respective spouses), and their respective household members, of CBS Consumer Products, Inc. (“Sponsor”), its affiliates, subsidiaries and divisions, advertising and promotion agencies, and Wire Stone, LLC are not eligible to enter. Sweepstakes is subject to all federal, state, local, provincial and municipal laws. U.S. law governs this Sweepstakes.
3. SWEEPSTAKES TIMING/DESCRIPTION: The Sweepstakes begins at 10:00:00 AM Eastern Time (ET) on June 5, 2017 and ends 10:00:00 AM ET on June 26, 2017 (the "Promotion Period"). One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period.
4. HOW TO ENTER: You may enter the Sweepstakes by going to https://sweeps.promotionexpert.com/star-trek-las-vegas/ and clicking on the promotional button. Complete and submit the online Registration Form during the Promotion Period to receive one (1) Entry in the Sweepstakes. Online entries must be received by 10:00:00 AM ET on June 26, 2017 in order to be eligible. Limit one entry per person/email address for the Promotion Period. Subsequent entries submitted by the same person/email address will be void. Entries that have been generated by a script, macro, bot or any other automated means will be deemed void. Entries that are mechanically reproduced, copied, illegible, late or inaccurate are void. Incomplete entries or entries not complying with these Official Rules are subject to disqualification, at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Entries become the property of the Sponsor and may not be acknowledged or returned. Sponsor’s decisions are final on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. If a dispute results as to the identity of an entrant, it will be determined that the entry was submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address from which the entry is made. For these purposes, the authorized account holder is the natural person assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address. The promotional website’s database clock will be the official timekeeping device for the Sweepstakes.
5. DETERMINATION OF WINNER: One (1) potential Grand Prize winner will be selected in a random drawing on or about June 28, 2017 at 12:00:00 PM ET in Melville, NY from among all eligible entries received. The random drawing will be conducted by Wire Stone, LLC, an independent judging organization. Judges’/Sponsor’s decisions are final on matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Potential Grand Prize winner will be notified by electronic mail and/or overnight or postal mail on or about June 28, 2017. Potential Grand Prize winner will be required to sign an affidavit/declaration of eligibility/liability release and where legal, a publicity release, and if a U.S. resident, a Federal and State tax release, and return any documents, properly executed, within 7 days of issuance of notification. Non-compliance within this time frame or with the Official Rules, or if prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, will result in the entrant being disqualified, and the prize will be awarded to a potential alternate winner. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received. As a condition of receiving a prize, a potential winner who is a resident of Canada will be required to correctly answer (unaided) a time-limited mathematical skill-test question.
6. PRIZE: One (1) Grand Prize: A 5-day, 4-night trip for the winner and one (1) guest to Star Trek 2017 Las Vegas, Las Vegas, Nevada from August 2-6, 2017 including: Two (2) Gold Package passes to Star Trek 2017 Las Vegas, a photo opportunity for the winner and one (1) guest with William Shatner on the Star Trek Bridge, a gift package courtesy of ThinkGeek™ and CBS, including four (4) nights, double-occupancy hotel accommodations, and round-trip, economy class, air transportation for the winner and one (1) guest from a major Gateway airport nearest the winner’s home to Las Vegas Airport, Nevada. Airfare accommodations provided by ThinkGeek. Approximate Retail Value (ARV): $4,750 USD. Actual value of trip prize depends upon the city of departure, time of travel, any airfare fluctuations and on current market conditions at time of prize fulfillment, and any difference between the stated ARV and the actual value if any, will not be awarded. See “Travel Restrictions” section below for further information. All taxes and any other costs not specifically stated within these Official Rules are the sole responsibility of the winner. Prize may not be transferred, substituted or redeemed for cash, except at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if advertised prize is unavailable at the time the prize is awarded. If any part of the event is unable to take place as planned, for any reason, including but not limited to, cancellation, scheduling conflicts or an event of force majeure, the remaining components of the prize will be awarded and Sponsor’s obligation to the winner will be fulfilled, and no other additional compensation will be provided. If a U.S. resident, winner must supply Administrator with his/her social security number for tax purposes and winner will receive an IRS Form 1099 from the Administrator for the ARV of the Grand Prize for the calendar year won.
Winner and guest must be able to travel between August 2, 2017 and August 6, 2017 or prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected. If a travel guest is a resident of a jurisdiction that deems him/her to be a minor, he/she must be accompanied by his/her parent/legal guardian, and such person must pay his/her own expenses unless deemed to be a travel guest. Winner, guest or parent or legal guardian of minor guest must sign a travel release prior to traveling. Trip is subject to air/hotel availability and confirmation of reservations; certain travel restrictions and blackout dates may apply. The trip may not be combined with any other offer. Winner and guest must travel together at the same time on the same itinerary. Air transportation, if applicable, and hotel accommodations must be taken together and cannot be taken separately. Once trip dates have been booked, no change, extension or substitution of trip dates is permitted, except at Sponsor's sole discretion. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen tickets, travel vouchers, certificates or similar items once they are in winner's possession, or in the possession of winner's guest. If the winner lives within 100 miles of prize destination city, the air transportation portion of the prize will not be awarded and ground transportation will be substituted and no additional compensation will be provided. Winner and guest must possess valid ID and are solely responsible for obtaining all necessary and required travel documents (passport, etc.) in order to travel. Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, advertising and promotion agencies, and Wire Stone, LLC ("Sweepstakes Entities") shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitution or any act or omissions whatsoever by the air carriers, hotels or other transportation companies or any other persons providing any of these services and accommodations to passengers including any results thereof such as changes in services or accommodations necessitated by same. Sweepstakes Entities shall not be liable for any loss or damage to baggage. Prize components cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer, and no portion may be separated except at Sponsor's sole discretion. Prize conditions may be added or modified by companies providing those portions of the prize. The prize restrictions/conditions stated herein are not all-inclusive and may be subject to additional restrictions/conditions, which may be stated in the affidavit and release and/or prize travel documents. Costs for room and tax only based on one room with double occupancy; meals, telephone calls and other incidentals are not included.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: ENTRANTS HEREBY AGREE TO RELEASE, INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR, WIRE STONE, LLC, THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENT COMPANIES, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, DIVISIONS, PARTNERS, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION AGENCIES AND THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES AND SHAREHOLDERS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASEES”) FROM ANY CLAIMS, ACTIONS, INJURY, LOSS OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH, RESULTING FROM PARTICIPATING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES OR FROM THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, OR USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE AWARDED OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY PRIZE-RELATED ACTIVITY. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY IS A COMPREHENSIVE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY THAT APPLIES TO ALL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING (WITHOUT LIMITATION) COMPENSATORY, DIRECT, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES; LOSS OF DATA, INCOME, OR PROFIT; LOSS OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY; AND CLAIMS OF THIRD PARTIES. ELIGIBLE PARTICIPANTS AGREE THAT RELEASEES HAVE NOT MADE NOR ARE IN ANY MANNER RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION, OR GUARANTEE, STATUTORY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, TITLE, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE), IN FACT OR IN LAW, RELATIVE TO THE SWEEPSTAKES OR THE PRIZE AWARDED. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, RELEASEES DO NOT MAKE ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS WITH RESPECT TO ANY PROMOTIONAL WEB SITE AND RELEASEES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR THE CONSEQUENCES OF ANY INTERRUPTIONS OR ERRORS RELATED THERETO. THESE TERMS GIVE YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS. THE PROVISIONS REGARDING IMPLIED WARRANTIES ARE VOID IN SOME PROVINCES WHERE IMPLIED WARRANTIES ARE PRESCRIBED BY LAW. Releasees are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, illegible, inaccurate, delayed, garbled, damaged, stolen or misdirected submissions, or problems of any kind, whether mechanical, human or electronic. Releasees are not responsible for technical, hardware or software malfunctions, telephone failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, inability to access a website, inability to submit an entry, or fraud, incomplete, garbled, or delayed computer transmissions or inaccurate transcription of entry information, whether caused by Sponsor, users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of submissions which may damage a user’s system or limit an Eligible Participant’s ability to participate in the Sweepstakes. Releases are not responsible for late, lost, incomplete, illegible, damaged or misdirected entries or mail. Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Should any portion of the Sweepstakes be, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, compromised by virus, worms, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper play, or submission of entries, or should the Sweepstakes be unable to run as planned for any other reason, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to terminate the Sweepstakes and, if terminated, at its discretion, select the potential winner in a random drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to action taken. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR ANY ONLINE SERVICE RELATED TO THE SWEEPSTAKES OR TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES) FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of such term or any other provision. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant who violates the rules or interferes with the Sweepstakes in any manner. If an entrant is disqualified, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate such entrant’s eligibility to participate in the Sweepstakes. Any attempt by an individual to access any website associated with the Sweepstakes via a bot script or other brute force attack or any other unauthorized means will result in that individual’s IP address becoming ineligible. Use of automated entry devices or programs is prohibited.
9. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Eligible Participant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New York, or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York.
10. WINNER’S LIST: For the name of the winner, available after August 15, 2017, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope by September 1, 2017 to: Star Trek 2017 Las Vegas Sweepstakes Winner, P. O. Box 997, Plainview, NY 11803-0977. Residents of Canada may omit return postage.
11. SPONSOR & ADMINISTRATOR: The Sponsor of this Sweepstakes is CBS Consumer Products, Inc., 825 Eighth Avenue, 30th Floor, New York, NY 10019. Administrator: Wire Stone, LLC, 35 Pinelawn Road, Suite 108W, Melville, NY 11747.
©Copyright 2017 Wire Stone, LLC. All rights reserved. Entrants may copy these Official Rules for the sole purpose of personal use and not for any commercial purpose whatsoever.