Share the details of this competition. Information like who is eligible, what the requirements are and how many times one enter are helpful.
Remember: this is a community site and self-promotion is not allowed. If you are unsure if this applies to this competition, please contact us before posting.
“PriceRunner Tablet Wars Prize Draw”
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED KINGDOM, 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OVER. INTERNET ACCESS REQUIRED.
Subject to all the terms and conditions of these official rules (“Official Rules”), “PriceRunner Tablet Wars Prize Draw” (the "Prize Draw") starts on 4 July 2014 at 12:00:01 a.m. BST and ends 31 July 2014, at 11:59:59 p.m. BST ("Entry Period"). Two (2) random drawings, each with one (1) winner selected from the pool of entries voting for each product, respectively, will take place after the Entry Period has ended, on or about August 1, 2014 (“Prize Draw Date”). All decisions of PriceRunner Limited (“Sponsor” or “PriceRunner”) are final and binding on all matters relating to this Prize Draw. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel this Prize Draw at any time without any obligation or prior notice to participants. Entry in the Prize Draw constitutes your full and unconditional acceptance of these Official Rules and acknowledgement that the Prize Draw is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Apple or Samsung.
1. ELIGIBILITY. Prize Draw is open to legal residents of the United Kingdom. Entrants must be 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees, directors and contractors of PriceRunner Limited and its respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, legal advisors, promotion and advertising agencies, and members of their immediate family (defined as spouse and parent, children and siblings and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and persons living in the same household, whether or not related, of such employees, are not eligible to enter or win. In addition to other restrictions on entry as outlined below, the maximum number of entries allowed during the Entry Period for any individual utilizing all available entry methods is twenty-five (25).
4. GENERAL ENTRY REQUIREMENTS. Each Entry must comply with the following Guidelines:
i. The Entry must not contain any personally identifiable information of any person other than the entrant. Should the entrant include personally identifiable information about him/herself in his/her Entry, entrant authorizes Sponsor to use, without further notification to entrant, review or approval by entrant, his/her Entry name if he/she becomes a Winner (as defined in Section 5 below), to publicize the Prize Draw and inform other participants of his/her win (E.g. Sponsor may post on the PriceRunner Facebook page or post on the PriceRunner Twitter feed, as applicable based on entry method of the winner: "And the winner is John Doe - Congratulations!").
ii. The Entry may not contain any content that is lewd, obscene, sexually explicit, pornographic, disparaging, defamatory, libelous, obscene, or that otherwise contains offensive, harassing, threatening, or abusive language, other inappropriate content or objectionable material as determined by Sponsor in its sole and unfettered discretion.
iii. The Entry must be the entrant’s original work, created solely by the entrant, and must not infringe the copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity, or other intellectual rights of any person or entity.
iv. The Entry must not contain any commercial content or logos except for the Sponsor’s.
By submitting your Entry, you agree that your Entry conforms to these Official Rules and that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may disqualify your Entry for any reason at any time, including if it determines, in its sole discretion, that your Entry fails to conform to these Official Rules in any way or otherwise contains unacceptable, inaccurate or incomplete content as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion.
5. WINNER SELECTION: One (1) winner will be randomly selected by Sponsor from all eligible Entries for each product, for a total of two (2) winners (each a “Winner”), that is the group of Entries that chose iPad Mini as the favourite will comprise one prize draw group and all the Entries that chose Galaxy Tab as the favourite will comprise the other prize draw group with each group having one Winner. Sponsor will have final discretion in Winner selection.
6. PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (“ARV”): One (1) winner will receive an Apple® iPad® Mini (ARV – £249) and one (1) will receive a Samsung® Galaxy Tab® 3 8.0 (ARV – £150). Prizes are awarded “as is” without any warranty or guaranty of any kind. Prizes do not include mobile data or phone service. No substitution or transfer of prize or redemption for cash permitted except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor who reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in the event the prize is unavailable. All federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of winner (or the parent/guardian if winner is a minor in his/her state of residence), if applicable. One (1) Prize per person/email address/household. You assume the risk of safe arrival of the prize. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, stolen, damaged, mutilated, or returned prizes; "bounced back" emails or misdirected mail; or unsafe arrival of a prize. Names of products or manufacturers are used for purposes of prize description only and such use is not intended to suggest or imply the manufacturer’s sponsorship, endorsement, or the approval of this Prize Draw. All trademarks referenced herein are owned by their respective companies and do not imply or suggest that such companies endorse or support this Prize Draw.
7. POTENTIAL WINNER NOTIFICATION: Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding on all matters relating to this Prize Draw. The two (2) potential Winners will be notified by email at the address supplied as part of your Entry (for a Winner who entered through Facebook) or by notification on the PriceRunner Twitter feed (for a Winner who entered through Twitter within seven (7) business days following the Prize Draw Date. Potential Winners will be required to respond to the notification by emailing Sponsor and may be required to complete an Eligibility Form, provide verification of identity, and/or other requested information related to a potential Winners no later than 5:00 PM (GMT) seven (7) days following your notification by Sponsor of being a potential Winner (the “Response Deadline”). If the potential Winner doesn’t respond by the Response Deadline or otherwise fails to comply with these Official Rule, they may forfeit the prize. If the winner cannot be contacted, or if the winner can’t comply with these Official Rules, PriceRunner reserves the right to offer the prize to another entrant drawn at random. The unclaimed prize remains the property of PriceRunner. This process is final and no correspondence will be entered into. If an advertised prize is not available, we reserve the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
9. GENERAL CONDITIONS: By participating, each entrant agrees: (i) to abide by these Official Rules and decisions of Sponsor and judges, which shall be final and binding in all respects relating to this Prize Draw and (ii) to release, indemnify, discharge and hold harmless Sponsor and its respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and advertising and promotion agencies, prize providers, platform owners (including Facebook and Twitter) and the respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees, agents and representatives of the forgoing (collectively, “Released Parties”) from any and all claims, damages, expenses, costs (including reasonable attorneys’ fees), injuries, liability (including settlements), losses and damages of any kind to persons, including death, or property resulting, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from entrant’s participation in the Prize Draw or any Prize Draw-related activity or the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any awarded prize (including any travel/activity related thereto). By participating, entrant also agrees not to release any publicity or other materials on their own or through someone else regarding their participation in the Prize Draw without the prior consent of the Sponsor, which it may withhold in its sole discretion.
Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed or like entry methods will void all such entries by such methods and persons using any such methods will be disqualified. Each entry submission must be manually key-stroked and manually entered by the individual entrant; automated and/or repetitive electronic submission of entries (including but not limited to entries made using any script, macro, bot or Prize Draw service) will be disqualified and transmissions from these or related email or IP addresses may be blocked. The accumulation of entries generated through robotic, automatic, macro, or like methods is also strictly prohibited. Sponsor's determination of whether a user is accumulating entries generated through automated means is in Sponsor's sole discretion.
No responsibility is assumed by Sponsor for lost, late, incomplete, stolen, misdirected, illegible or postage due entries, email or mail; or for any computer, telephone, cable, network, satellite, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, or unauthorized human intervention, or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or other information, or the failure to capture any such information.
If this Prize Draw is not capable of running as planned for any reason, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Prize Draw, Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Prize Draw, and, if terminated, at its discretion, select the p
potential finalists from all eligible, non-suspect Entries received prior to action taken using the judging procedure outlined above.
10. MISCELLANEOUS: RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF ENTRANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THIS PRIZE DRAW. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, IN NO EVENT WILL RELEASED PARTIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR LOST, LATE, INCOMPLETE, DAMAGED, INACCURATE, STOLEN, DELAYED, MISDIRECTED, UNDELIVERED, OR GARBLED ENTRIES; OR FOR LOST, INTERRUPTED OR UNAVAILABLE NETWORK, SERVER, INTERNET SERVICE PROVIDER (ISP), WEBSITE, OR OTHER CONNECTIONS, AVAILABILITY OR ACCESSIBILITY OR MISCOMMUNICATIONS OR FAILED COMPUTER, SATELLITE, TELEPHONE OR CABLE TRANSMISSIONS, LINES, OR TECHNICAL FAILURE OR JUMBLED, SCRAMBLED, DELAYED, OR MISDIRECTED TRANSMISSIONS OR COMPUTER HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE MALFUNCTIONS, FAILURES OR DIFFICULTIES, OR OTHER ERRORS OR DIFFICULTIES OF ANY KIND WHETHER HUMAN, MECHANICAL, ELECTRONIC, COMPUTER, NETWORK, TYPOGRAPHICAL, PRINTING OR OTHERWISE RELATING TO OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE PRIZE DRAW, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ERRORS OR DIFFICULTIES WHICH MAY OCCUR IN CONNECTION WITH THE ADMINISTRATION OF THE PRIZE DRAW, THE PROCESSING OR JUDGING OF ENTRIES, THE ANNOUNCEMENT OF THE PRIZE, THE INCORRECT UPLOADING OF THE PHOTOS, VIDEOS OR ESSAYS OR IN ANY PRIZE-DRAW-RELATED MATERIALS. RELEASED PARTIES ARE ALSO NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INCORRECT OR INACCURATE INFORMATION, WHETHER CAUSED BY WEBSITE USERS, TAMPERING, HACKING, OR BY ANY EQUIPMENT OR PROGRAMMING ASSOCIATED WITH OR UTILIZED IN THE PRIZE DRAW. RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR INJURY OR DAMAGE TO ANY PERSON'S COMPUTER RELATED TO OR RESULTING FROM PARTICIPATING IN THIS PRIZE DRAW OR DOWNLOADING MATERIALS FROM OR USE OF THE WEBSITE. THE PRIZE DRAW AND ALL ASSOCIATED PRODUCTS AND SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of the Prize Draw or website, who act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or who are in violation of these Official Rules, as solely determined by Sponsor, will be disqualified and all associated Entries will be void.
11. DISPUTES. Except where prohibited, Sponsor reserves the right to make all decisions in its sole discretion arising out of or relating to the Prize Draw, and the decisions by Sponsor are final and binding on all matters relating to the Prize Draw. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of Sponsor in connection with the Prize Draw, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the England and Wales.
12. REQUEST FOR WINNERS’ LIST: For a list of winners (available after August 31, 2014), send a self-addressed, stamped, envelope to: “PriceRunner Tablet Wars Prize Draw” Prize Winner c/o PriceRunner Limited, 2nd Floor, 53 Parker Street, London. For Official Rules, mail a self-addressed stamped envelope to the above address marked “OFFICIAL RULES: PriceRunner Tablet Wars Prize Draw” for receipt by July 31, 2014.
SPONSOR. PriceRunner Limited, 2nd Floor, 53 Parker Street, London WC2B 5PT. By entering the Prize Draw, you understand that you are providing your information to PriceRunner Limited and not to Facebook.
This Prize Draw is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Twitter, Samsung or Apple.