The prize draw terms & conditions
1. This prize draw (the "Promotion") is open to residents of the UK aged 18 and over.
2. The Promotion is not open to employees or agencies of Guardian News & Media Limited ("GNM"), their group companies, their family members or anyone else connected with the Promotion.
3. Entry into the Promotion is acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
4. To enter the Promotion, please complete your details in boxes shown above and press the "Submit" button. Existing subscribers to Holiday Offers emails are also eligible to enter our prize draw, if this is applicable to you please send an email with 'New York trip' in the subject line to [email protected]
5. Participants should note that the Promotion is connected to GNM's holiday offers regular email service (http://www.guardianholidayoffers.co.uk/signup.aspx). Participants are required to sign up to the email service to enter the Promotion.
6. Only one entry is permitted per person. If you sign up to receive GNM's holiday offers emails then you will be entered into the Promotion only once.
7. Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed.
8. No responsibility is taken for entries that are lost, delayed, misdirected or incomplete or cannot be delivered or entered for any technical or other reason. Proof of delivery of the entry is not proof of receipt.
9. The closing date and time of the Promotion is 23.59pm on 14 November 2010 following which the draw will be made. Entries received after the closing date will not be processed.
10. The winner will be selected at random from all the complete entries. GNM's decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
11. One winner will receive a pair of standard class return scheduled flights to New York departing on 28/04/2011 from a selection of regional airports (departure & arrival airports depends on departure date chosen) together with 3 nights' room-only accommodation in a hotel, return airport-to-hotel transfers in New York (not in UK), free time for shopping and sightseeing, the services of a Newmarket Tour Manager, Government taxes and local service charges to the transfers and hotel. There are optional extra sight seeing excursions which you can pay for (the "prize").
12. The winner must book their prize by 1 December 2010 directly with Newmarket Holidays (Full contact details will be provided to the winner). The prize must be taken for departure on 28/04/2011.
13. Flight tickets and trip dates included in the prize are subject to availability. If the date or airport you choose is unavailable we reserve the right to offer you a suitable alternative.
14. Tickets will be issued directly to the winner by Newmarket Holidays.
15. The winner will be notified by e-mail by GNM within 5 days of the closing date for the Promotion referred to above. If the winner does not respond to that e-mail from GNM within seven days of the time of notification, then the winner's prize will be forfeited and GNM will be entitled to select another winner at random (and that winner will have to respond to the e-mail sent to them by GNM within seven days of that e-mail being sent to them or else they will also forfeit their prize).
16. The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable, and is not redeemable for cash or other prizes and cannot be used in conjunction with any other special offers or discounts. GNM accepts no responsibility for any costs associated with the prize and not specifically included in the prize, including, without limitation, transfers to and from the departure airport, spending money, travel insurance, meals, any additional accommodation, or any travel visas required.
17. The winner is responsible for obtaining and possessing a valid passport (with a minimum of 6 months validity for entire duration of trip), insurance and any visas that may be required.
18. GNM retains the right to substitute the prize with another prize of similar value in the event the original prize offered is not available.
19. Details of the winner can be obtained by sending a stamped addressed envelope to the following address: The Guardian Marketing Department, Kings Place, 90 York Way, London, N1 9GU.
20. No purchase necessary.
21. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude the liability of GNM for death, personal injury, fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation as a result of its negligence.
22. GNM accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering the Promotion or accepting the prize. GNM further disclaims liability for any injury or damage to you or any other person's computer relating to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in connection with the Promotion.
23. GNM reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this Promotion with or without prior notice due to reasons outside its control (including, without limitation, in the case of anticipated, suspected or actual fraud). The decision of GNM in all matters under its control is final and binding.
24. GNM shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations where the failure is caused by something outside its reasonable control. Such circumstances shall include, but not be limited to, weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, supervening legislation or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure.
25. The Promotion will be governed by English law.
26. Promoter: Guardian News and Media Limited, Kings Place, 90 York Way, London, N1 9GU
(Phew is that all lol)