Win a trip for two to St Petersburg
WIN A trip to St Petersburg. For a vodka connoisseur, what could be more thrilling than a trip to the home of Russian Standard vodka?
Russian Standard vodka is giving you and a guest the chance to discover the grandeur of Russia’s second city, St Petersburg. Nicknamed ‘the Venice of the North’, St Petersburg’s elegant canals, world-class museums and striking architecture make it a unique destination. Staying in the five-star Corinthia Hotel.
3 night break to St Petersburg for 2 people. The prize includes return flights from London to St Petersburg. It also includes return private airport transfers in St Petersburg. 3 nights’ accommodation is based at the 5 Star Corinthia Hotel in a standard room including breakfast at the hotel restaurant. Dinner on one night - will consist of a 3 course meal taken from the a la carte menu, plus half a bottle of wine per person and tea or coffee prepaid to the value £120.
You’ll tour the Vodka Museum, the Pavlosk Palace and the State Hermitage Museum; the prize also includes tickets to the Stars of the White Lights – a series of classical ballet, opera and orchestral performances at the Mariinsky Theatre.
To enter, answer the following question by 12 October 2016: St Petersburg has been likened to which European city?
Thanks for your entry
1. This promotion is open to United Kingdom residents aged 18 or over, excluding employees of Waitrose Limited, Chase Ltd and their associated companies, agents, third parties or anyone else professionally connected with this promotion. Proof of residence and age will be required.
2. The instructions provided at the point of entry form part of the terms and conditions of this promotion. In the event of a conflict, these terms and conditions take precedence.
3. To Enter: No purchase necessary. Go to waitrose.com/russianstandard and complete the on-line form by answering this question by 23:59 (UK time) on 22nd September 2016
‘St Petersburg has been likened to which European city?’
4. Only one entry per person will be permitted into the draw. Internet access is required
5. Submit your entry between 00:01 on 22 September 2016 and 23:59 12 October 2016 (UK time).
6. The Prize:
a. 3 night break to St Petersburg for 2 people. The prize includes return flights from London to St Petersburg. It also includes return private airport transfers in St Petersburg. 3 nights’ accommodation is based at the 5 Star Corinthia Hotel in a standard room including breakfast at the hotel restaurant. Accommodation is based on two people sharing a twin or double room on a bed and breakfast basis.
b. Tickets to see the Stars of the White Lights at Mariinsky Theatre (Should the theatre be unavailable it will be replaced with a Russian Folk-Show at Nikolayevsky Palace)
c. A Russian Vodka Museum Tour for two people
d. A Catherine and Pavlovsk Palace tour for two people
e. A State Hermitage Museum Tour for two people; and
f. Standard travel allowance for two people (£50 per person).
g. 1 x Dinner will consist of a 3 course meal taken from the a la carte menu, plus half a bottle of wine per person and tea or coffee. The meal will be prepaid to the value £120, any expenses that are incurred over the value of £120 will need to be paid by the winner at the end of the meal.
7. You and your chosen guest will be responsible for travel to and from the departure airport and all other personal expenses, taxes (other than those related to the air transportation), ground transportation (such as taxis and buses), excess baggage, car parking charges, additional excursions and attractions, spending money, cost of beverages, additional hotel expense, travel insurance and gratuities.
8. Tickets: All tickets are subject to availability at the time of booking. Exact date of the trip will be agreed with the winner, subject to availability and the Promoter’s consent. All bookings must be redeemed within 12 months of the promotion closing.
9. You both must have a valid machine readable passport with minimum 6 month validity beyond the return date, with at least 2 unstamped pages, a visa (if applicable) and any other necessary travel documentation required to travel to the destination. You are responsible for obtaining any visas required.
10. Travel is available for one year after the winner has been notified (subject to availability) but excludes Christmas and New Year period
(19th December 2016 – 7th January 2017), and Bank Holiday periods. Once booked, travel cannot be amended.
11. The Promoter cannot be held responsible for any circumstances that may cause the winner and/or the winner’s guest to be unable to claim the prize or to be unable to travel on the date of their booking.
12. The prize winner must provide 6 weeks’ notice before preferred departure date.
13. If a flight or hotel booking is cancelled by the winner or his/her guest, no alternatives will be issued and, for the avoidance of doubt, no compensation and/or refund will be provided.
14. All elements of the Prize package must be taken as part of the same trip.
15. No cash alternative is available, prizes are non-transferable and non-refundable.
16. All experience locations, bookings, travel (including flights), events, activities, hotels and any other goods and services forming part of the prize are subject to availability at the time of booking.
17. Both the travelling party must be 18 years of age or older. Terms and Conditions of the carriers apply and you both must comply.
18. The winner will be selected at random from the valid submitted entries on 17th October 2016
20. Winner Notification: The promoter will use reasonable efforts to notify the winner by email or a phone call (to the details provided on entry) within 15 working days of the prize draw. The winner will be required to respond within 15 days of notification confirming their acceptance of the prize. In the event the winner does not respond to communications within 15 days of initial contact or if any prize is declined, the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify that winner and not reward the prize to a reserve.The Promoter may, in its sole discretion, disqualify entries deemed to be non-compliant with these terms and conditions and the Promoter reserves the right to refuse entry to or disqualify any entrant whose conduct may be unlawful or otherwise bring the Promotion into disrepute. In the event of such disqualification the Promoter may award the applicable prize to another entrant.
21. The decision of the Promoter regarding any aspect of the promotion is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
22. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, corrupted or misdirected entries. Any incorrect information provided will render the entry void.
23. The winner and the winner’s guest shall, at the Promoter’s request, participate in reasonable promotional activity surrounding the winning of the prize, for no further consideration, and they consent to the Promoter using their name in promotional material, which includes social media (and Russian Standard’s social media).
24. The name and region of the winner will be available by writing to the Promoter for up to one month from the time of the draw.
25. The prize is non-transferable, non-refundable and cannot be exchanged for any cash alternative in whole or in part. In the event for any reason the prize winner does not take an element of the prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter, then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner and neither cash nor any other form of compensation will be supplied in lieu of that element of the prize.
26. The Promoter reserves the right to provide an alternative prize of equal or greater value and to amend the itinerary.
27. If for any reason any aspect of this promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion, or invalidate any affected entries.
28. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this promotion or accepting or using the prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (including personal injury, death and fraud) in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law.
29. The Promoter will only use the personal details supplied for the administration of the promotion and for no other purpose.
30. By entering this promotion you are agreeing to these terms and conditions.
31. This promotion and all issues arising out of it shall be governed in accordance with English Law and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Promoter: Waitrose Ltd
Southern Industrial Area