The Barrow House in idyllic Egerton in Kent is a welcoming 16th-century inn offering luxurious accommodation and delicious food, and Sainsbury’s magazine is offering one lucky winner the chance to unwind with a two-night stay for two in one of the pub’s beautiful double rooms.
Just a short drive from Leeds Castle and Godinton House, The Barrow House is the perfect place for a weekend break. It has three stylish bedrooms, each with a distinct personality and all with luxurious en-suite bathrooms and enormous beds to ensure a truly comfortable stay.
The prize is a two-night stay for two people with breakfast, and also includes a mouthwatering three-course dinner prepared with fresh seasonal produce from the local area. The pub prides itself on its food and there’s something for everyone on the menu.
To top off this treat, the winner will also receive a private tour of the nearby Chapel Down winery, England’s leading wine producer, based in the picturesque market town of Tenterden, in the heart of the Kent countryside.
The winery welcomes over 50,000 visitors a year, offering guided tours, tutored tastings and gift experiences, and has received a Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence 2017. It also boasts excellent visitor facilities, including a two AA Rosette and Michelin Bib Gourmand restaurant, as well as a shop stocking local produce.
The winner’s visit to Chapel Down will include a glass of English sparkling wine on arrival, followed by a private tour of the vineyards and winery and tutored wine-tasting led by one of Chapel Down’s experts. The experience will conclude with a sabrage masterclass – the art of opening a bottle of sparkling wine with a sword – and the winner will receive a bottle of Chapel Down Brut to enjoy with their dinner at The Barrow House. Chapel Down is served in some of the UK’s finest restaurants and has received the support of leading British chefs such as Gordon Ramsay and Jamie Oliver.
Submission message: Thanks for entering
1. The prize for two people is:
i. A two-night stay at The Barrow House in Egerton with breakfast included.
ii. A three-course dinner at The Barrow House, including a bottle of Chapel Down Vintage Reserve Brut. Additional beverages are not included.
iii. A private tour for two people of the Chapel Down vineyards and winery in Tenterden, with a tutored tasting of a selection of wines.
2. The prize must be redeemed within six months of the winner being notified and is not valid on bank holiday weekends, Valentine’s Day, Easter, Christmas or New Year. Other restricted dates may apply.
3. The Chapel Down tour and tasting must coincide with the dates of the winner’s stay at The Barrow House.
4. Booking is subject to availability.
5. The prize does not include travel or expenses.
6. Entrants must be 18 years of age or over.
7. The winner will be selected at random and will be contacted by The Barrow House.
8. No cash alternative is available.
9. The prize is non-transferable and must be redeemed by the winner.
10. Our general terms and conditions apply.