A long weekend break at one of three holiday resorts
Enter our competition to enjoy a dinner, spa treatments and a stay at one of three resorts.
We've teamed up with luxury holiday firm Darwin Escapes to offer you the chance to win a holiday home experience for up to four people at one of its UK resorts.
You'll get the chance to enjoy luxury hot tub-equipped holiday lodge accommodation and take advantage of the many facilities which are afforded to owners of the resorts, with a free meal in one of the high quality restaurants, as well as two free spa treatments thrown in over the course of a weekend.
It has been a year of massive change in the holiday industry, with Brexit having a significant impact on the holidaying habits of Brits. This has led to a significant rise in the number of people considering staycations and even holiday home ownership in the UK.
The lucky winner of this competition will get to sample the holiday home owners' lifestyle for themselves at one of three holiday resorts. You can choose from:
- Cheddar Woods Resort & Spa: A five-star holiday resort located just a stone's throw away from the iconic Cheddar Gorge in Somerset. All lodges are fully equipped for self-catering and you'll get the opportunity to take advantage of the varied activities and facilities for both holidaymakers and holiday home owners at the resort. There is something for all ages at this beautiful resort, including a bowling alley, tennis court and much more. The facilities also include the Kellermans Restaurant where you'll enjoy a meal on the house, as well as the Eden Spa where you'll be offered two free treatments from the expert therapists. You can then retire to your luxury holiday lodge and enjoy the countryside from your own private hot tub.
Hawkchurch Resort & Spa: This is a five-star resort which has been designed for peace and tranquillity among the Devon countryside. The lodges here are very similar to those in Cheddar Woods, being fully equipped for self-catering and also featuring a range of high-tech entertainment features. At Hawkchurch Resort, the facilities focus on tranquillity, with the on-site complex which has its own hydrotherapy pool designed to allow people to relax and reduce muscle tension. There is also the Ezina Spa, where you will receive two free treatments. You can then sample the meals on offer at The Beeches Restaurant, one of the best eateries in the Axminster region.
Piran Meadows Resort & Spa: Another five-star location, this time in beautiful Cornwall. This is a family-friendly resort with a wide range of activities and facilities. The jam-packed activity programme includes events such as body zorbing, fencing, snorkelling and more. Those who are looking for peace and relaxation can enjoy the steam room, sauna as well as the Serenity Spa. You can also sample a meal in The View Bistro, which serves something to satisfy varying tastes and requirements before retiring to your well-equipped holiday home.
Visit darwinescapes.co.uk for more information about its luxury holiday homes and resorts across the UK.
For your chance to win this holiday home owners' experience, submit your details in the form below before 11 January 2017.
By entering this prize promotion, you accept and agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions:
1. The prize promotion is open to all UK residents (not including residents of Northern Ireland) aged 18 years or over except employees (and their families) of Darwin Escapes and any affiliates or subsidiary companies, as well as representatives or agents of AOL and anyone else who may be involved or connected with the prize promotion. Any entries submitted by agents or third parties will be invalid and will not be accepted by the Promoter.
2. You may enter this prize promotion by completing the online entry form.
3. There will be one winner.
The prize will consist of a holiday home experience at Cheddar Woods Resort & Spa in Somerset, Hawkchurch Resort & Spa in Devon or Piran Meadows Resort & Spa in Cornwall for up to four people, including a free meal in one of the restaurants and two free spa treatments. The holiday on offer will last from Friday to Sunday on a chosen weekend. The weekend chosen must be at an off-peak time which is agreed with Darwin Escapes beforehand. Please also note that the restaurant and spa usage will be agreed upon with Darwin Escapes beforehand and is subject to availability. Two free spa treatments will be provided from a specific complimentary Menu, with a limit of £100 applied to the restaurant experience. Please allow at least a month notice period when arranging your competition prize.
4. The prize promotion closing date is 9pm on 11 January 2017 (the “Closing Date”) and any entries received after the Closing Date will not be accepted by the Promoter.
5. The winning entry/entries will be selected at random on 12 January 2017 and the winner(s) will be notified by email and/or telephone within 10 days. To contact you we will use the contact details supplied by you when entering the prize promotion.
6. If you are notified of a winning entry, you must confirm acceptance by both telephone and email to claim your prize. If you do not reply to confirm acceptance within 5 days of being notified as a winner, we may offer your prize to someone else
7. Only one entry per person is permitted.
8. Submission of entries will not constitute proof of receipt and no responsibility will be accepted by the Promoter for entries or acceptances which the Promoter does not receive. The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or corruption of data in transit. No responsibility will be accepted for entries or acceptances which are lost, delayed or damaged in the post or elsewhere. Illegible, incomplete, late or defaced entries will be disqualified.
9. The prize(s) must be taken as offered. No cash equivalent or other alternative prize(s) are available in whole or in part except as provided for in these terms and conditions.
10. All prize(s) are non-transferable and where prize(s) consist of tickets to events, all such tickets are non-refundable. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute prize(s) of an equivalent value should the prize(s) become unavailable for any reason. If any winner is not able for whatever reason to accept the prize(s), then the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize(s) to another participant.
11. A list of winners' names and locations can be obtained by sending a SAE to the Promoter after 12 January 2017.
12. The winner(s) agree to participate in any publicity or other such promotional activities which the Promoter may reasonably require in connection with the prize promotion and the Promoter shall have the right to use each winner’s name, likeness, image, voice and biographical information for advertising and promotional purposes in connection with the prize promotion in all media without further notice and without the need to make any payment to any winner for such use.
13. By submitting an image or any other materials (“Submission”) in relation to this prize promotion you: (i) confirm the grant by you to us of a worldwide, perpetual, royalty free licence in the Intellectual Property Rights in your Submission, (ii) waive any moral rights and like rights you have in relation to the Submission so that we shall be entitled to use the Submission in any and all media at no cost to us and (iii) warrant to us that the Submission is owned and controlled by you and that you have the right, power and authority to grant the rights set out in these Terms and have obtained all the necessary approvals, consents and licences to grant rights pursuant to these terms and conditions; warrant that your Submission will not infringe the Intellectual Property Rights, privacy or any other rights of any third party; will not contain anything which is untrue, defamatory, obscene, indecent, harassing or threatening; warrant that your Submission does not violate any applicable law or regulation (including any laws regarding anti-discrimination or false advertising); and warrant that your Submission is not obscene or pornographic.
14. The decision of the Promoter is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into regarding the outcome of the prize promotion.
15. No purchase is necessary to enter this prize promotion. Competition not open to residents of Northern Ireland.
16. Promoter: AOL (UK) Limited, Shropshire House, 11-20 Capper St, London, WC1E 6JA.
17. Prize Provider: Darwin Escapes