Win a weekend in Dumfries & Galloway and a set of The Canons
Waterstones have partnered with VisitScotland to offer you the chance to win an inspiring weekend in beautiful Dumfries & Galloway.
This exclusive prize offers a two-night stay in Dumfries, where JM Barrie was inspired to write Peter Pan and Robert Burns wrote Tam O'Shanter on a walk by the River Nith. Other cultural attractions include The Robert Burns Centre, the Hugh McDairmid Walk in Langholm, Kircudbright Artists' Town and Scotland's famous Book Town, Wigtown.
The prize, for 2 people, includes:
2 nights' bed & breakfast at the Aston Hotel, which combines traditional hospitality with modern facilities in a grand Victorian building on the 100-acre Crichton Estate;
Dinner for 2 at Casa Mia - one of Dumfries & Galloway's finest restaurants;
Entry to Drumlanrig Castle, home to part of the renowned Buccleuch Art Collection including Rembrandt's 'The Old Woman Reading' amongst other treasures;
A set of the Canons - Canongate's new imprint of modern classics from acclaimed writers such as Alasdair Gray, Muriel Spark and Yann Martel.
The winner will also receive £200 spending money, to help you explore this surprising and relatively undiscovered area of Scotland.
Enter your details, good luck!
By ticking the second box above, you are agreeing to receive communications from VisitScotland, Canongate, Aston Hotel, Casa Mia Restaurant and Drumlanrig Castle (Buccleuch Estates).
1. No purchase necessary. Please enter your name, email address and contact number in the spaces provided. Only one entry per person allowed. Proof of entering is not proof of receipt of entry.
2. To be eligible, entries must be received on or before the closing date of 27 August 2012 at 11:59 PM. All entries shall become the property of Waterstones.com, and their directors, officers, representatives, advertising and promotional agencies are not responsible for contacting or forwarding prizes to entrants who provide unclear or incomplete information or for entries lost, misdirected, delayed or destroyed.
3. Entrants must be over 18 years old and residents of the UK or Ireland.
4. There will be 1 prize winner, the overall winner will win: 1 x 2 nights accommodation (B&B) at the Aston Hotel, Dumfries; 1 x Entry for 2 to Drumlanrig Castle; 1 x Dinner for 2 at Casa Mia Restaurant, Dumfries; 1 x 12 book series of the Canons; 1 x £200.00 spending money.
5. The promoter reserves the right to amend the specification of the prize or offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
6. The prize does not include any travel insurance, meals other than those stated or any other expenses and must be taken in full by 27.02.2013
7. All elements of prize package are subject to date availability, subject to change, are weather dependent and are subject to all prize fund provider standard operator terms and conditions. Not available on public holidays and Xmas-New Year period. Further date exclusions may apply. No cash or other alternative prize is available in whole or in part. Unless otherwise agreed with the Promoter, the prize will be awarded directly to the winner. In the event of circumstances outside of its control, the Promoter reserves the right to provide a similar prize of equal or greater value.
8. Subject to availability.
9. No cash alternative will be offered. The prize is non-transferable.
10. A random draw will take place on the morning of 28 August 2012 to select the winner. The prize winner will be notified by telephone/email, and will need to respond by midnight 24 September 2012 as to whether they are able to accept the prize. If a selected entrant does not meet all of the contract conditions, another entrant will be selected from the remaining eligible entries.
11. This competition is not open to employees of Waterstones, VisitScotland or their immediate families.
12. By entering the contest, entrants, consent to the use of their names, city of residence, photograph and/or image for publicity purposes in all media carried out by Waterstones, without payment or compensation.
13. The decisions of the contest judges are final. The prize must be accepted as awarded.
14. The right is reserved to terminate or withdraw this contest at any time.
15. a) All entries become the property of Waterstones, who assume no responsibility for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged or misdirected entries or for any failure of the website during the promotional period, for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or entry to be received by Waterstones on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet or any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any material in the promotion. Waterstones reserve the right, in its sole discretion to cancel or suspend the email portion of this contest should a virus or bug or other cause beyond the reasonable control of Waterstones corrupt the security or proper administration of the contest. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of this promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, Waterstones reserve the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. Entries are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are illegible, mechanically MV reproduced, mutilated, forged, falsified, altered or tampered with in any way. Entrants agree to abide by the contest rules and the decisions of the independent judging panel, which are final.
16. b) Entries must be submitted by the named entrant (or their parent/guardian for children aged 15 or under) and will be invalid if found to come from a third party. Multiple entries from a single source (eg 'competition entry' website/company) will be disqualified. Only one entry will be accepted per email address used.
17. For name/county of prize winner, please send a stamped addressed envelope marked Waterstones VisitScotland Competition Winner to Waterstones.com, Capital Court, Capital Interchange way, Brentford, Middlesex, TW8 0EX after 4 September 2012. No entries should be sent to this address.
18. Entry to the competition is conditional on acceptance of these terms and conditions. By clicking on the Submit button above you are deemed to have read and accepted these terms.
20. Waterstones and VisitScotland have organised this prize draw in good faith and does not accept liability relating to the prize.
Promoters: Waterstones and VisitScotland EH6 6JH