Every week from now until 5 December 2010, we’re giving away £40,000 to a lucky PayPal customer. That's nearly a quarter of a million pounds to be won by online shoppers just like you.
Simply shop with PayPal and you'll be automatically entered into our weekly prize draw. There's no catch. And the more PayPal purchases you make, the more chances you get to win.
1. The PayPal Win A Year’s Salary promotion ("Promotion") is open to individuals (natural persons) resident in the UK, Channel Islands or the Isle of Man who are over 18 years of age. Employees (and family members of employees) of any PayPal company, its affiliates, subsidiary companies ("PayPal"), eBay Inc., its affiliates, subsidiary companies ("eBay"), any representatives or agents of PayPal or eBay and anyone else who may be professionally involved with the Promotion may not enter the Promotion. PayPal reserves the right to verify the eligibility of entrants.
2. By participating in this Promotion, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, the User Agreement located on www.paypal.co.uk and all other special conditions that are specific to the Promotion.
3. The Promotion begins at 00:01:00 BST on Thursday 21st October 2010 and finishes at 23:59:59 GMT on Sunday 5th December 2010 ("Promotional Period").
4. A prize draw will be made on a weekly basis starting Tuesday 2nd November 2010 until Tuesday 7th December 2010 (each being a “Weekly Prize Draw”).
5. Subject to these terms and conditions all Valid Entries received by PayPal during the Promotional Period will be entered into a Weekly Prize Draw.
6. Subject to these terms and conditions, to submit a “Valid Entry” you must have a registered PayPal account in good standing at all times and, during the Promotional Period, either (i) purchase one or more items of any value in a single transaction using your registered PayPal account (whether online or via PayPal Mobile) as your payment method; or (ii) send money to any other PayPal user - (each transaction contemplated under (i) or (ii) being a “Valid Transaction”). Each time you complete a Valid Transaction a Valid Entry will be submitted on your behalf.
7. If you are resident in Northern Ireland you may, alternatively, submit a “Valid Entry” by having a registered PayPal account in good standing at all times and sending your name and contact details (including the email address registered to your PayPal account) to the following address: PayPal Win A Year’s Salary, PayPal, Whittaker House, Whittaker Avenue, Richmond Upon Thames Surrey TW9 1EH – provided that PayPal receives your Valid Entry during the Promotional Period (“No Purchase Necessary”).
8. Not more than 5 Valid Entries may be submitted per person per Weekly Prize Draw via the No Purchase Necessary route. Otherwise there are no limits on the number of Valid Entries that may be submitted per person per Weekly Prize Draw. A Valid Entry may not be submitted for more than one Weekly Prize Draw. Only one Prize will be awarded per winning Valid Entry.
9. The closing time for receipt of Valid Entries for each Weekly Prize Draw is 23:59:59 GMT on the Sunday immediately prior to that Weekly Prize Draw (“Closing Time”). The Closing Time for the last scheduled Weekly Prize Draw shall be the end of the Promotional Period.
10. The entry field (“Entry Field”) for a Weekly Prize Draw (“Scheduled Draw”) shall consist of all Valid Entries received by PayPal in the period starting from the Closing Time for the Weekly Prize Draw immediately prior to the Scheduled Draw (or, with regard to the first Weekly Prize Draw, commencing at the start of the Promotional Period) and ending at the Closing Time for the Scheduled Draw.
11. Weekly Prize Draw: At each Weekly Prize Draw one (1) winning Valid Entry will be randomly selected from the relevant Entry Field. Each Weekly Prize Draw will be conducted under independent supervision.
12. Prize: The Prize for each Weekly Prize Draw is £40,000 (the "Prize"). We have based the references to a “year’s salary” in our marketing of the Promotion on a figure that exceeds a “year’s salary” as detailed in the Office for National Statistics’ ASHE 2009 report (Annual Survey of Hours and Earnings), which states, “For the tax year ending 5 April 2009 the median gross annual earnings for full-time employees were £25,800... The median gross annual earnings for men were £28,300... and for full-time women were £22,200.” In the spirit of seasonal generosity, PayPal have rounded these figures up to £40,000.
13. If your Valid Entry wins a Weekly Prize Draw you will be notified by telephone or email to the telephone number or email address that you provided to PayPal within 10 working days of the relevant Weekly Prize Draw taking place. You are responsible for ensuring that the contact details on your PayPal account (or No Purchase Necessary entry) are up to date and accurate so you can be contacted if you win. You must ensure you are contactable at any time between the start of the Promotional Period and 15th January 2010 on the email address that corresponds with your PayPal account (or No Purchase Necessary entry). If PayPal or its authorised agents are not able to contact you by midnight 7 days after the first attempted notification that you have won a Weekly Prize Draw, or if you cannot, for whatever reason, accept their Prize, PayPal reserves the right to re-draw for the Prize and your entitlement to the Prize will lapse.
14. Subject to these terms and conditions PayPal will credit the winner's PayPal account with the amount of the Prize. If you win a Prize, please allow up to 3 weeks from the time of the relevant Weekly Prize Draw for your PayPal account to be credited with your Prize. In the event that a winner wishes to withdraw their Prize from their PayPal account, they must have completed the steps to lift any withdrawal limit on their PayPal account in order to be able to do so.
15. The winners’ names and counties will be available at www.paypal.co.uk/win and, for two months after the end of the Promotional Period, you may request the details of the winners by sending a stamped, self addressed envelope to PayPal Win Your Salary Winners, PayPal, Whittaker House, Whittaker Avenue, Richmond upon Thames, Surrey, TW9 1EH. PayPal may also ask winners to provide proof of their age and/or country of residence.
16. PayPal may keep details of any entry an entrant submits on the entrant's PayPal customer account. All entries are the property of PayPal and will not be returned.
17. PayPal reserves the right to suspend, change or cancel the Promotion at any time as it may determine in its sole discretion. This includes, without limitation, the ability to substitute the Prize with another prize of equivalent or greater value if necessary, to change the specification of the Prize if circumstances require it, to change the entry methods or to change the duration of the Promotional Period, or to amend the terms and conditions in relation to this Promotion without notice.
18. If PayPal has suspicions or knowledge that any entrant has been involved in any fraudulent or illegal activity, PayPal reserves the right to disqualify that entrant and any related entrants. PayPal may also disqualify any entrant that does not act in accordance with these terms and conditions or PayPal's rules and policies.
19. PayPal may disqualify (and withdraw entries and/or Prizes from) any individual using the Promotion in a way in which PayPal deems inappropriate at its sole discretion (inappropriate use of the Promotion includes, without limitation, collusion, manipulation and engagement in any other activity that may give the individual carrying out that activity an unfair advantage over other individuals participating in the Promotion).
20. PayPal shall not be liable, in contract or tort (including negligence) or the breach of statutory duty or in any other way, for the loss or damage howsoever arising suffered by any person resulting directly or indirectly from participation in this Promotion. Nothing in these terms shall limit PayPal's liability for death, personal injury or fraud.
21. The winners of a Prize each irrevocably grant PayPal permission to use his or her name, likeness, biographical and PayPal related information for advertising, promotional or publicity purposes. The winners may also be required to sign a Publicity Release Form. It is a condition of entitlement to the Prize that winners make themselves available to meet a member of the PayPal team (we will come to your home or arrange to meet at a suitably convenient place and time) to enable PayPal to write up their ‘Winner’s Story’ and publish it at www.paypal.co.uk/win or on any other online or offline forum. The Winner’s Story may include, without limitation, a short questionnaire, a photograph or a video.
22. PayPal does not accept, and is not responsible for, any lost or delayed entries. PayPal reminds entrants of the nature and limitations of the Internet and mobile networks and is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunctions of any communications network, online system or computer hardware or software that may affect entry to the Promotion or receipt of a Prize.
23. Although PayPal will use reasonable efforts to ensure that all information relating to the Promotion ("Promotional Material") is accurate, PayPal is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunctions of any communications network, online system or computer hardware or software failure that may affect PayPal's operation of the Promotion or the PayPal site, including without limitation the accuracy of any Promotional Material.
25. The decision of PayPal is final and legally binding. No correspondence will be entered into.
26. English Law governs this Promotion and these terms and conditions.
27. The promoter is PayPal (Europe) S.à r.l. & Cie, S.C.A., a limited liability partnership registered as number R. C.S. Luxembourg B 118 349, the registered office of which is at 22-24 Boulevard Royal, L-2449, Luxembourg.