Product: Golfing Trip to Scotland
Ever wish you could play in The Ryder Cup? Well here's the next best thing! You could win a 5-day trip for you and a golf buddy to test your game in Scotland. You and your fellow team members will compete in a Europe vs. North America match at none other than Gleneagles, host venue of The 2014 Ryder Cup. It's truly a golf pilgrimage unlike any other.
Plus, each week, we'll be giving away a pair of tickets to see the Johnnie Walker Championship in Scotland!
I guess you will really need to be into playing the game to want to enter this!
I think you just have to fill in the Form to enter. I have not entered as this is not my 'cup of tee'
Sorry about the length of the T & C's but thought it best to add
Rules: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. These are the Terms and Conditions for participation in this prize draw. If you do not wish to accept these Terms and Conditions in their entirety, please do not submit an online entry to us. By participating in the prize draw you will be deemed to have read and accepted all of the Terms and Conditions. Failure to comply with any of these Rules will disqualify you from taking part in the prize draw.
2. How to Enter. Log onto www.driveithomescotland.com (UK ( England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland) & Ireland, Rest Of World), www.driveithome2012.com (US and Canada), www.driveithomescotland.com/de (Germany), www.driveithomescotland.com/se (Sweden) (referred to herein as "Web Site") and follow the directions to enter between 09:00: AM Greenwich Mean Time ("GMT") on February 1, 2012 and 10:00 PM GMT on June 1, 2012. You must include on the entry form your complete name, email address, and postal code. All entrants must have a valid email address. In case of dispute as to identity of entrant, entry will be declared made by the authorised account holder of the email address submitted at time of entry. "Authorised Account Holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organisation (e.g. business, educational, institution, etc) responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address. The potential winner may be required to provide Sponsor (defined below) with proof that such winner is the authorised account holder of the email address associated with a winning entry.
Any other attempted form of entry is prohibited; no automatic, programmed, robotic or similar means of entry are permitted. Sponsor (VisitScotland), its affiliates, partners, agencies and any entities involved with the administration or fulfillment of this prize draw are not responsible for technical, hardware, software, telephone or other communication malfunctions, errors or failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, Web site, Internet, or ISP availability, unauthorised human intervention, traffic congestion, incomplete or inaccurate capture of entry information (regardless of cause) or failed, incomplete, garbled, jumbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit one’s ability to enter the prize draw, including , insofar as permitted by law, any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participating in this prize draw or downloading any materials in this prize draw.
Limit one (1) entry per person or email address.
All entries become the sole property of the Sponsor and receipt of entries will not be acknowledged or returned. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, technically corrupted or misdirected entries, which will be disqualified. Only fully completed entry forms are eligible. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor.
3. Eligibility. Participation open to persons aged 18 and over and must be a legal resident of the country selected upon entry. Full address verification and proof of identity may be requested. Employees, officers and directors of VisitScotland ("Sponsor"), or partner companies within this promotion, and their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, dealers, advertising and promotion agencies, manufacturers or distributors of the prize draw materials and their immediate families (parents, children, siblings, spouse) or members of the same household (whether related or not) of such employees/officers/directors are not eligible to enter.
Partner companies within this promotion include: Fairmont St Andrews, Gleneagles Hotel, Greywalls Hotel & Chez Roux, Mar Hall Golf Resort & Spa, Dundonald Links, Meldrum House Hotel, North Berwick Golf Club, Gullane Golf Course, Castle Stuart Golf Links, TPEGS at Archerfield Links, Glenmuir.
The prize draw is governed exclusively by the laws of Scotland, which shall be exclusively applicable to any and all disputes arising out of or in connection with the prize draw or these rules. Scottish courts shall have sole jurisdiction over any and all disputes arising out of or in connection with this prize draw provided that such exclusivity does not apply to legal actions initiated or brought by the Promoter.
4. Drawing. Eight winners will be selected in a random drawing from all eligible entries received. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received for the drawing. Drawing will be conducted by Aptinet, an independent judging organisation, on or about July 15 2012. By entering the prize draw, entrants fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these rules and the decisions of the judges, which will be final and binding in all matters relating to the prize draw.
5. Prizes. Eight (8) Grand Prize winners ("winners") will receive the prize. Two (2) prize winners plus a travel companion ("UK and Ireland & ROW winners") will be a resident in the UK or Ireland or rest of the world (ROW). 2 prize winners will be a resident of Germany or Sweden ("European winners"), 2 prize winners will be a resident of Canada, 2 prize winners will be a resident of USA (North American winners").
Each prize comprises:
Two-night break for two people to one of the four regional prizes (allocated at random) offered on the Drive it Home website on a bed and breakfast basis in twin accommodation assuming two people sharing on Friday 5 and Saturday 6 October 2012
One night stay at The Gleneagles Hotel for two people on a bed and breakfast basis in twin accommodation assuming two people sharing on Sunday 7 October 2012
Participation for the winner and travel companion in Scotland The Home of Golf Challenge on The PGA Centenary Course at Gleneagles
UK and Ireland Winner and travel companion will be provided with £150 travel allowance and £100 spending money in total. European winners, North American winners & ROW winners and a travel companion will receive an economy class return trip flight to Scotland as agreed by VisitScotland. Subject to booking availability. Departure point and airline will be chosen by VisitScotland.. Car hire for the trip duration will also be included for each group of 2 winners (plus travel companions). Each winner or travel companion must be in possession of a valid driver’s license.
Golfing equipment is not included. Winner can bring one (1) travel companion, for a total group of two (2) people. Winner(s) redeeming valid prizes are expected to observe the rules of golfing attire at the club allocated to them. This generally means trousers and shirt with collar. It’s the responsibility of the winner(s) to check with the club in advance. In addition, a handicap certificate may be requested. Competition entrants must play golf and play to a maximum handicap of 28 for Men & 36 for Ladies.
All winners must travel to arrive at Edinburgh airport on Thursday 4 October where accommodation will be provided. Car hire will be allocated as agreed by VisitScotland. The prize is available on the dates specified only. If prize winners are unable to travel at the specified times the prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner in a random drawing from all remaining eligible entries.
All travel, golf, and accommodations are at winners and travel companion’s risk. Transportation to and from departure airport, taxes, meals, gratuities, travel upgrades, or any other expenses not specifically listed herein are the responsibility of the winner. Travel subject to booking availability. Winner and travel companion must travel on the same itinerary. Travel companion must be of the age of the majority in their jurisdiction of residence unless winner is travel companion’s parent or legal guardian. Sponsor is not liable for delays, cancellations or unforeseen events related to the flights. Winner and travel companion will be solely responsible for obtaining valid identification and compliance with all travel and health requirements (i.e. passports , visas drivers license ) relating to acceptance and use of the travel prize packages and must have no impediment to entering Scotland. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates.
There will be weekly prize draws featuring golf prizes which vary by market. 'All entries received for the main competition will be automatically entered into the weekly prize draw. Winners of the weekly draw will be notified by email. The prize pool held by VisitScotland is subject to availability. Prizes are non-exchangeable.
6. Notification. Selected winners will be notified by email by 10 June 2012. If a winner does not respond within 14 days of first notification attempt, if any prize notification is returned as undeliverable, or in the event of noncompliance with these prize draw rules and requirements, the Sponsor reserves the right to withdraw prize entitlement and the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected. Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given.
7. Conditions. Participation in the prize draw and acceptance of prize constitutes winner’s permission for Sponsor to use his/her name, address (city and state/province/country), likeness, biographical information and any statements made by winner regarding the purposes without notice or additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By participating, and insofar as is permitted by law, entrants, winner and travel companion agree to release and hold harmless VisitScotland, VisitBritain, Partners in the Drive it Home promotion, and their respective advertising and promotion agencies, their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors, from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, property damage, personal injury and/or death which may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in the prize draw, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any prize draw related activity and claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery. Sponsor is not responsible if any portion of the prize cannot be awarded due to travel cancellations, delays or interruptions due to Acts of God, Acts of War, natural disasters, weather or terrorism.
Entrants who do not comply with these Official Rules, or attempt to interfere with this prize draw in any way shall be disqualified. No substitutions or cash redemptions available, in whole or in part. In the case of unavailability of all or any portion of the prize(s), or owing to circumstances outside the reasonable control of the Sponsor, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. There is no purchase or sales presentation required to participate. A purchase does not increase the odds of winning. The prize is not transferable in any way (except by Sponsor) and must be taken by the designated winner and his/her chosen travel companion. The winner and travel companion are responsible for their own travel insurance, and valid passports.
8. Additional Terms. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend this prize draw should circumstances make this unavoidable, including, but not limited to virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the prize draw. In such case, Sponsor may select the winners from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the prize draw or Web site.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PRIZE DRAW MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
10. Winner Information. To obtain the names and regions of the winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope within 3 months of the closing date to: Drive it Home 2011 Prize Draw, VisitScotland, Ocean Point One, 94 Ocean Drive, Edinburgh, Scotland, UK, EH6 6JH.
11. Promoter. VisitScotland, Ocean Point One, 94 Ocean Drive, Edinburgh, Scotland, UK, EH6 6JH.