Good Luck all :-D http://www.pcw.co.uk/personal-computer-world/competitions/2196859/win-hd-experience-pioneerhttp://www.pcw.co.uk/personal-computer-world/competitions/2196859/win-hd-experience-pioneer
Competition ends: 07 September 2007
This month we're giving away four Pioneer Blu-ray combo drives, each with the latest XFX Nvidia Geforce 8600 graphics card. Every bundle is worth £300 and will give you the ultimate high-definition (HD) movie experience on your existing PC.
Winners will receive a Pioneer Blu-ray (BDC-S02BK) Combo drive together with the latest XFX Nvidia Geforce 8600 graphics card. These are easily-installed and include a collection of technologies that deliver breathtaking movie performance on your PC.
If you remember the first time you saw DVD after VHS, with HD youll be amazed all over again. HD images are stunning - you see every nuance of every shot just as the director intended. The quality of DVD simply pales in comparison to the accuracy and vivid reality of HD pictures.
HD presents six times the amount of visual information as standard content, and you might be wonder if your PCs up to the job of playing HD content. But new technologies are now available that make it easy to enhance your system and enjoy this outstanding movie experience. And this is where Pioneer and Nvidia come in.
Pioneers Combo drive fits into a standard DVD drive bay and delivers the next generation of movie experience supporting high-quality playback of the huge library of Blu-ray movies released by Hollywood studios. It offers practical features too, writing to a wide range of DVD discs including 8.5GB dual-layer DVD-R and +R media, supporting backup and archive applications. Easily installed in 10 minutes, the drives are supplied with Cyberlinks BD Solution software suite. This enables the playback of BD movies and the creation and playback of DVDs and CDs.
High definition movies place strong demands on a PC's CPU and most simply arent up to the job on their own, which can result in juddering, stuttering playback and a mismatch between the soundtrack and the visuals. Nvidia Geforce 8 Series graphics processing units (GPUs) are equipped with hardware decoding technology that overcomes these problems.
Nvidias dedicated Purevideo HD technology, which combines many features designed to optimise HD playback, gives your CPU a break while delivering astonishingly fluid and ultra-realistic images. They also provide a very cost-effective way of creating an HD system graphics cards based on Nvidia's Geforce 8 Series GPU are priced from around £30.
For a chance to win a Pioneer Blu-ray combo drive and Nvidia graphics card, answer the question that follows. The competition closes on 7 September 2007.
Standard Terms and Conditions:
1. The entry of a competition signifies acceptance of these Terms and conditions.
2. You confirm that you are aged 18 or over. Proof of age must be supplied upon request.
3. Competitions are open to residents of the United Kingdom, the Channel Islands, the Isle of Man and the Irish Republic.
4. Employees of VNU Business Publications Limited ("VNU"), their immediate families and friends may not enter the competition.
5. Entries are limited to one entry per person per competition.
6. No cash alternatives are available.
7. No purchase is necessary to enter.
8. VNU can accept no responsibility for late, lost or undelivered entries.
9. Upon close of a competition, the winner(s) will be selected at random from all correct entries received.
10. VNU's decision will be final in all matters relating to the competition and VNU will not enter into any correspondence regarding the competition.
11. VNU will use all reasonable endeavours to notify the winner(s) within 14 days of the close of the competition. Prizes will be despatched direct by the competition sponsor(s) and should be received within 28 days of receipt of notification.
12. Details of the winner(s) can be obtained from VNU by writing to "Personal Computer World Competitions", 32-34 Broadwick Street, London W1A 2HG, enclosing a SAE.
13. VNU will use all reasonable efforts to ensure that the prizes are as described on this page. VNU cannot accept any liability in respect of any prize, however, and any queries regarding a prize should be taken up directly with the sponsor of that prize.
14. Winner(s)' details may be used in reasonable promotional activities relating to the competition, subject to prior notification by VNU.
16. Details of how to enter, closing dates and prize descriptions can be found on the individual competition pages.
17. These Terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of England. All disputes arising from or in connection with these Terms and conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
18. Competition entries will only be accepted if made via the relevant VNU competition page.