an HP Elitepad tablet with Windows 8
Win an HP Elitepad tablet with Windows 8
To celebrate the launch of New Scientist's Windows 8 app, we're giving away a delicious tablet to enjoy it on: the HP Elitepad 900, courtesy of Misco.
This sleek and slim 10.1-inch tablet features an Intel Atom processor running at 1.80GHz and 2GB of RAM. Front and rear-facing cameras, a gorgeous multi-touch screen and the ability to speak to your Windows PC with the intimacy of a beloved family member make this a tablet you won't mind taking. You'll also get an HP ElitePad Docking Station.
Our Windows 8 app allows you to read each week's issue before it lands in shops, plus digital enhancements like our amazing behind-the-labcoat videos and stunning high-resolution images. This first edition is still a beta, and we're working on it. We hope you'll contact us directly with your feedback to help us make it better.
Fill in our entry form for your chance to win. BE SURE TO PUT "Windows 8 competition" IN YOUR MESSAGE.
Only subscribers and registered users are eligible to win, so be sure to log in or register before you enter. Registration is free and no purchase is necessary. The closing date for entries is 23.59 GMT on 12 August 2014. (Full terms and conditions are below.)
COMPLETION MESSAGE:- Message sent
1. This competition is open to anyone aged 18 or over, except for employees of Reed Business Information Limited, employees of Misco, their families, associated agents, or anyone professionally connected with the promotion.
2. Entry is open only to subscribers and registered users. Submit your entry, including your name and email address, using the entry form.
3. The prize will be a HP Elitepad 900 (UK version), subject to availability. If any of the items selected are out of stock you will be asked to make another selection. The prize must be claimed within 14 days of notification being sent. If the prize is not claimed within this time Misco reserves the right to select an alternative winner. The prize cannot be exchanged for cash or otherwise and no cash alternative will be offered. Misco reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or higher value in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
4. Only one entry is permitted per person. No purchase is necessary.
5. New Scientist shall not be responsible for technical errors in telecommunication networks, internet access or otherwise, preventing entry at this website.
6. Entries must be received by 23.59 GMT on 12 August 2014. Entries made after this time will not be counted.
7. Every effort will be made to notify the winner by email by 3 September 2014.
8. Submitting your entry constitutes your consent for us to use your entry, name and photos (if applicable) for editorial or publicity purposes
9. Reed Business Information Limited reserves the right to ask for proof of age and evidence to verify the identity of an entrant at any time, and may use any channels and methods available to carry out checks of any details provided. Entrants may only enter the competition in their own name. Entries submitted through agents or third parties will not be accepted.
10. You hereby warrant that your entry will not infringe the intellectual property, privacy or any other rights of any third party, and will not contain anything which is libellous, defamatory, obscene, indecent, harassing or threatening.
11. Winners' names are available by writing to " Windows 8 competition", Lacon House, 84 Theobalds Road, London WC1X 8NS
12. New Scientist reserves the right to change or withdraw the competition and/or prize at any time.
13. By entering the competition, entrants are deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions.