an iPad mini AND a copy of The Queen of the Tearling
Win yourself an iPad mini AND a copy of The Queen of the Tearling. 10 lucky runners up will also receive copies of the hardback.
We're so excited to be publishing The Queen of the Tearling on July 17th!
'I couldn't put the bloody thing down.' Emma Watson (set to star in the film)
Kelsea Glynn is the sole heir to the throne of Tearling but has been raised in secret by foster parents after her mother - Queen Elyssa, as vain as she was stupid - was murdered for ruining her kingdom. For 18 years, the Tearling has been ruled by Kelsea's uncle in the role of Regent however he is but the debauched puppet of the Red Queen, the sorceress-tyrant of neighbouring realm of Mortmesme. On Kelsea's 19th birthday, the tattered remnants of her mother's guard - each pledged to defend the queen to the death - arrive to bring this most un-regal young woman out of hiding...
And so begins her journey back to her kingdom's heart, to claim the throne, earn the loyalty of her people, overturn her mother's legacy and redeem the Tearling from the forces of corruption and dark magic that are threatening to destroy it. But Kelsea's story is not just about her learning the true nature of her inheritance - it's about a heroine who must learn to acknowledge and live with the realities of coming of age in all its insecurities and attractions, alongside the ethical dilemmas of ruling justly and fairly while simply trying to stay alive...
Enter your details.
Completion message :
Thank you for entering the competition.
You entry has been sent to Transworld Publishers
1. By entering this prize draw, you agree to accept and be bound by these terms and conditions.
2. This prize draw is open to anyone aged 16 or over who is a resident of the UK or the Republic of Ireland, except for employees of The Random House Group Limited (the promoter), its subsidiary companies, their families and any other company connected with the prize draw.
3. The closing date for the prize draw is midnight GMT 23/07/2014 (closing date). Entries received after the closing date will not be considered. Responsibility will not be accepted for lost or damaged entries, whether due to system error or otherwise. Proof of entering the prize draw via www.randomhouse.co.uk is not proof of the promoter's receipt of entry.
4. The winning prize is one iPad mini 16 GB in white and a hardback copy of The Queen of the Tearling. Ten runners up will also receive one hardback copy of The Queen of the Tearling each. The prizes must be taken before 20/08/2014. No cash alternative will be offered.
5. Events may occur which render the awarding of the prize impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the promoter and the promoter may, at its absolute discretion, vary, amend or suspend the prize with or without notice.
6. The prize draw will take place within 14 days of the closing date (i.e. by 06/08/2014) and the winner will be notified by email within 28 days of the closing date (i.e. 20/08/2014).
7. The winner agrees to the promoter's use of their name, town of residence and photograph in relation to the promoter's publicity material.
8. Your personal details will only be retained and used by the promoter in order to send you your prize and will be deleted thereafter unless you have ticked the appropriate box. Your personal details will not be passed on to any third parties.
9. The winner's name will be available upon the promoter's receipt of a stamped addressed envelope.
10. The promoter's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into in relation to the competition.
11. These terms and conditions are subject to English Law and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
12. The promoter's contact details are: The Random House Group Limited, 20 Vauxhall Bridge Road, London SW1V 2SA. www.randomhouse.co.uk