An Olympus state-of-the art XZ-1 Digital Compact Camera & a few more things
To celebrate the opening of Figures & Fictions: Contemporary South African Photography, the V&A are offering you the chance to win Olympus’ new state-of-the art XZ-1 compact camera. The prize also includes the exhibition book and a year’s V&A Membership.
The winner will receive this new ultra-bright, ultra-high quality Olympus XZ-1 camera. In addition to Olympus’ trademark stunning design; it delivers uniformly clear pictures even in low light, to SLR standards, and state-of-the-art features.
You will also receive a hardback copy of the exhibition book. The book presents an expanded selection of the photographers' works featured in the Figures & Fictions exhibition at the V&A. It gives an in-depth historical overview and provides contemporary contexts about photography in South Africa. Plus you will win a V&A Membership, giving you a year's free entry to V&A exhibitions, access to our exclusive Members' Room and the chance to attend an exciting programme of special events.
The prize includes:
* The compact Olympus XZ-1 camera in a white lacquered body with a large 3-inch OLED screen
* Figures & Fictions: Contemporary South African Photography Hardback exhibition book by Tamar Garb, foreword by Martin Barnes
* A year’s free V&A Membership
the answer is 17
By entering the competition, entrants will be deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by the competition terms and conditions
1. Closing date for entries is 17 July 2011
2. The winner will be the first valid and correct entry drawn (the 'Prize Winner'). The Judge’s decision is final.
3. The competition is open to residents of the UKand Northern Ireland (excluding employees of the V&A, Olympus and their affiliates, agents and any person professionally connected with the competition).
4. Applicants must be aged 18 or over.
5. Only one entry per person is permitted.
6. The Prize Winner is responsible for ensuring they are able to accept the prize as set out and in accordance with these terms and conditions, in the event they are unable to do so then the V&A and its partners reserve the right to redraw the prize.
7. Any person suspected of cheating, acting dishonestly or fraudulently in the opinion of the Promoter will be excluded from the competition
8. The V&A and its partners reserve the right at any time to cancel, modify or supersede the competition (including altering prizes) if, in their sole discretion, the competition is not capable for being conducted as specified. The partners reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal value in the event that circumstances beyond their control make this unavoidable.
9. No purchase necessary.
10. There is no cash alternative and prizes are non-transferable or exchangeable
11. No correspondence will be entered into.
12. Promoter: Victoria and Albert Museum (Cromwell Road, London SW7 2RL).
Prize Providers: Olympus (Olympus UK Ltd, KeyMed House, Stock Road, Southend-on-Sea, Essex, SS2 5QH).