Terms and Conditions
1. This prize draw (“Prize Draw”) is open to residents in the UK, except employees of BP Oil UK Limited and their immediate families, their agents or anyone professionally associated with the Prize Draw. The promotor of this Prize Draw is BP Oil UK Limited of Chertsey Road, Sunbury on Thames, Middlesex, TW16 7BP (“BP”).
2. All participants in the Prize Draw must be at least 18 years old, and either the winner or his/her guest must be over 21 years old. BP reserves the right to verify the age of participants.
How to enter
3. To enter the Prize Draw a participant must post on either their Twitter account or BP’s Facebook page where they would like to go for their ultimate road trip, using the hashtag #bpultimateroadtrip in their post.
4. This promotion is not associated with Facebook. Facebook shall have no liability to any entrant and does not sponsor, endorse or administer this promotion. Information provided during the course of this promotion is given to BP and not to Facebook.
5. Any entrant found to have entered the Prize Draw from multiple Twitter accounts shall be disqualified.
6. By entering into the Prize Draw participants acknowledge that failure to comply with these Terms and Conditions will result in immediate disqualification.
7. Entries for the Prize Draw must be received by 11.59pm on 10th September 2017 (“Closing Date”). Only fully and correctly completed entries received by the Closing Date will be accepted. BP and its Affiliates will not be liable for late entries or entries sent but not received. No product purchase is necessary.
Choosing the winner
1. The winner of the Prize will be drawn, at random, from all eligible entries by an independent judge. BP’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into in relation to the winners of the Prize Draw.
2. The winner will be notified via their social media account (Facebook or Twitter according to the entry route of the winner) within 28 days of the closing date. If a winner is un-contactable via reasonable means within 28 days or does not respond within 14 days to notification they will be disqualified and an alternative winner selected as above. This process may be repeated until a winner is has successfully been contacted, and responded.
8. There is one ‘Ultimate Road Trip’ prize (“Prize”) to be won.
9. The Prize will be arranged by Sodexo Travel and Business Ltd Avalon House, Breckland, Linford Wood, Milton Keynes, MK14 6LD (ABTA number: G0642) (“Sodexo”), on behalf of BP. Bookings must be made directly through Sodexo.
10. The Prize includes: £10,000 to spend on a road trip designed by the winner. The package must include return flights from any UK airport; airport taxes and surcharges; five nights room only accommodation and car hire for the duration of the trip. It will also include £500 (total) spending money. Additional inclusions can be added but the total value of the prize will not exceed £10,000.
11. Additional inclusions can be added subject to winner’s choice of location. For example, if the winner would like to include meal allowances, upgraded accommodation, fuel allowance, upgraded car, longer trip, or additional travellers, Sodexo will work with the winner within their allocated budget of £10,000 to include these where possible. Duration of stay will be depending on the location/cost and availability. If the winner would like to spend more than £10,000 on their trip they may do so by covering the additional cost themselves. All travel will be subject to availability.
12. All other costs and expenses in taking up the Prize which are not set out in the final itinerary chosen by the winner will be at the winner’s expense. These include but are not limited to transfers to the UK airport, drinks, visas and gratuities.
13. The Prize does not include travel insurance. The winner and any guest must have adequate comprehensive cover and BP shall have no liability for any death or injury (except due to BP’s negligence) or any other loss or damage. This insurance can be arranged within the £10,000 Prize value limit, if desired. If the winner and/or guest already have or arrange their own cover independently they will be required to provide their insurers’ contact details and policy number to Sodexo for emergencies.
14. The winner and guest are responsible for organising and paying for their own driving licences, visas, passports and meeting entry requirements. For example, an ESTA visa waiver is required for travel to the USA. Other visas may apply, depending on destination.
15. Trips to the USA must include a Saturday night.
16. Either the winner or his/her guest must provide a valid credit card in their own name to hold the security deposit on the rental car and the designated driver must hold and have held a full, clean UK license for at least 12 months. Failure to provide these will result in the rental not being permitted. Drivers must be aged over 21, or over 25 in the USA. Outside of the USA, drivers under 25 may be subject to a young driver’s surcharge. Age limits will vary between destinations. Sodexo can assist the winners with choosing a suitable destination based on age restrictions.
17. All travel/road trip packages must be completed by 10th September 2018 and exclude Christmas, New Year, Easter, Bank Holidays, local festivals and events. All dates are subject to availability. All bookings must be made at least 4 weeks (28 days) in advance of travelling.
18. Spending money included in the Prize will be paid directly to the winner’s nominated bank account by BACS transfer in GB£, approximately 10 days prior to travel. The value of these will vary depending on Prize trip confirmed and final allowance details will be confirmed once the travel arrangements for the Prize have been booked.
19. Sodexo will endeavour to arrange for the winner to receive the Ultimate Road Trip of his/her choice; however both BP and Sodexo reserve the right to refuse travel to some destinations if they are deemed high risk or if the Foreign Office advise against travel. This is solely at the discretion of BP and Sodexo.
20. Neither BP nor Sodexo accept any responsibility for hotels / packages / airlines etc. being withdrawn or amended. In the event of this, Sodexo will endeavour to offer a suitable alternative of equivalent value.
21. Any amendments made by the winner after the booking is confirmed will be subject to administration charges which will be passed on to the winner. Some amendments may not be possible. Amendments can only be requested by the winner (and not by any guest). In addition to the winner’s nominated guest, additional passengers may accompany the winner at the relevant rates provided by Sodexo provided that the winner shall be responsible for all costs, charges and expenses relating to such additional customers and shall settle such costs directly with the relevant suppliers. Sodexo will not enter into any discussions about cost comparison or rates sourced elsewhere.
22. The Prize is not transferable or exchangeable, cannot be redeemed as cash in whole or part and cannot be used in conjunction with any other special offer. There is no cash alternative or refund for unused portions of the prize.
23. All travel and other arrangements included in the Prize are subject to Sodexo and their suppliers’ terms & conditions.
24. It is the winner’s responsibility to advise Sodexo of any circumstances that may prevent them from participating in any element of the prize, including but not limited to dietary requirements, medical conditions or personal circumstance.
25. The winner is responsible for the behaviour of themselves and their guests whilst taking the Prize and BP reserves the right in its absolute discretion to exclude the winner and/or guest from participation in the Prize if:
a. the winner and/or guests fails to comply with the reasonable directions of the BP, airline codes of conduct, or any other companies associated with the Prize; or
b. the winner and/or guests act in a manner that is dangerous to themselves or to the public or is anti-social in any manner or which causes a disturbance or nuisance to others.
26. In the event of cancellation by the winner, neither the winner nor any guest will be entitled to claim any refund or replacement prize.
27. BP reserves the right to screen the winner in particular against Sentinel™ with World-Check for BP’s Code of Conduct compliance purposes.
28. BP may withhold the Prize if it considers in its absolute discretion that: the participant does not meet the eligibility criteria; is in breach of these Terms and Conditions; or has acted contrary to the requirement of good faith.
29. By entering the Prize Draw, participants agree to take part in any associated publicity relating to the Prize Draw without further consent or payment when required. The winner is required to provide BP with a minimum of five images to be used on BP social channels. BP reserves the right to use any imagery or photography recorded from the ‘Ultimate Road Trip’ in its promotional marketing material. It is a condition of entry that participants agree to such use and to sign any necessary promotional releases relating to their image rights in the event that they are selected as winner in the Prize Draw. Failure to do so may result in the disqualification and forfeiture of the Prize.
30. In the event of unforeseen circumstances BP reserves the right to substitute the Prize for an alternative of equal or greater value.
31. The decision of the BP regarding any aspect of the Prize Draw is final and binding. No correspondence will be entered into.
32. By taking part in this promotion all entrants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by these terms and conditions.
33. Any tax which a participant may be required to pay under the laws of any relevant jurisdiction on any Prize awarded pursuant to the Prize Draw shall be the responsibility of that participant.
34. Subject to clause 35, participation in the Prize Draw and subsequent use of the Prizes by the winner of the Prize, is at the participant’s OWN RISK. The winner must follow any safety instructions given to them by Sodexo, BP or its affiliates, and any other third party while using the Prize awarded to them in the Prize Draw. Subject to clause 35, neither BP nor any of its affiliates, directors, or employees will be liable for any direct, indirect, special, consequential or other costs, expenses (including legal expenses), losses or damages whatsoever of any kind arising out of or in connection with, (a) access to or use of the website or any information contained in it; (b) the Prize Draw, including, without limitation, any loss arising out of the participant not being eligible to enter or able to enter due to any technical malfunction or communication failure; or (c) the Prize, including, without limitation, in relation to the use or ownership of the Prize.
35. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall be construed as limiting or excluding BP’s liability for fraud, death or personal injury caused by BP’s negligence, or any other liability to the extent the same may not be excluded as a matter of law.
36. If any of these Terms are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable, then the remaining terms and conditions shall continue in full force and effect.
37. These Terms and any non-contractual obligations arising out of or in connection with them, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Disputes arising out of or in connection with either the Prize Draw or these Terms shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
38. BP Oil UK Ltd is responsible for this competition and is the data controller. The personal data which you submit may be processed by third party service providers for the purposes of selecting a competition winner and other linked purposes.
39. By taking part in this competition you are choosing to submit your personal information to us, you also agree that other companies in the BP Group and third party service providers may process that information for the stated (or other reasonably foreseeable) purposes.
40. The names and countries of the winners will be available upon request by e-mailing [email protected]
between 9th October and 12th November 2017. BP reserves the right to decline access to such information.
41. In accordance with our Data Privacy Rules, we reserve the right to disclose your personal information as required by law, or when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, request from a regulator or any other legal process served on us.
42. The personal data which you submit for the purposes of entering the competition will be deleted, or rendered anonymous within  days of a competition winner having been selected and successfully contacted