Product: Win a Solar Panel Installation for your home, 3 winners, 50 runners up prizes
Are you feeling inspired by the communities who are saving and generating energy in Hugh's Three Hungry Boys?
If so then we can help you on your way. Thanks to British Gas, three lucky winners could win a solar PV installation so they can generate their own electricity.
The main prize consists of a solar panel (including installation) with a peak power rating of up to 2.3 kWp and a value of up to £9,999.
50 runners-up will also win a Home Energy Efficiency Pack of energy saving gadgets, including an eco kettle, electricity monitor and standby saver. .
To be in with a chance of winning, simply answer the question below:
What are the names of Hugh's 3 Hungry Boys?
Tim, Thom and Trevor
Rules: 1. Three winners and 50 runners-up will be picked at random from all valid entries.
2. The competition opens on Friday 27/01/2012 and closes at 23:59 on 27/02/12.
3. Multiple entries will be counted as one.
4. The competition is open to UK mainland and Isle of Wight residents only. Due to prize limitations, residents of Northern Ireland and other UK Islands are not eligible to enter. Entrants must be aged 18 years or over.
5. The main winners will be notified by email within one week of the competition closing. They have 21 days to confirm acceptance of the prize, otherwise another winner may be chosen at random.
6. The main prize consists of a solar panel (including installation) with a peak power rating of up to 2.3 kWp and a value of up to £9,999. Subject to clauses 9 and 10 below, the first prize will consist of solar panels of the maximum specification and value that is suitable for the prize winner's property.
7. The 50 runner-up prizes consist of 1 x Home Energy Efficiency Pack worth £100. The runners-up will have their prize posted to the address they provided on entry to the competition.
8. The prizes are not negotiable, non-refundable but are transferrable as outlined in clause 10. No cash alternative is available.
9. The first prizes are available for installation in mainland UK or Isle of Wight only. Not all homes are suitable for Solar PV panels and all homes are subject to survey prior to installation. In particular, but without limitation, the first prizes cannot be installed in the following property types:
a. heavily shaded or north facing roof spaces, basement or mid-floor flats;
b. properties that do not have an existing metered electricity supply.
c. leasehold property, unless written permission has been obtained from the freeholder;
d. rented property unless written permission has been obtained from the landlord; and/or
e. listed buildings or properties situated in a conservation area unless the appropriate permissions have been obtained.
10. If the outcome of the survey shows that the winner's property is unsuitable for solar panels, or they already have solar panels, or if the winner fails to obtain the relevant permissions (as detailed above), no cash alternative will be given, but British Gas may substitute the prize for another technology (subject to prior survey and property suitability) up to equal value or may install the solar panels on an alternative suitable property nominated by the winner. If the winner wishes to install a more expensive technology, they will have to pay any difference to the value of the Prize. If none of these substitute technologies is suitable then British Gas shall award an alternative prize of equal value, the choice of alternative prize shall be at British Gas' absolute discretion.
11. By entering this competition, you agree that if you are the winner, you will allow British Gas to take photographs of the installation and to post these photographs, and your name, on www.energyshare.com.