7 nights for two, 1 bed private villa, all breakfasts, private pool. Spa treatment, beach 3 course meal, relaxing sunset cruise plus £1000 spending money. (2 prizes)
Send your name and phone number to
Po Box 7557,
by Aug 11th
Or text BB to 85555 by noon Aug 8th
1. These terms and conditions apply to all competitions featured on-air on any of Channel 5's broadcast channels, in Channel 5's interactive or mobile services, included online at www.channel5.com, and any other competitions organised by Channel 5 (or a third party on Channel 5's behalf).
2. By entering a competition entrants accept these terms and conditions together with any specific instructions and terms for such competition which may be mentioned on-air, in any electronic messages, or on the website, or communicated to entrants in any other way (“competition information”). Such competition information shall prevail in the event of there being any inconsistency between these competition terms and conditions and any competition information.
3. Channel 5 may cancel or amend any competition, competition information, or these terms and conditions without prior notice. Any changes will be posted either within the competition information or these terms and conditions.
4. The competition is open to all residents of the United Kingdom, which comprises England, Northern Ireland, Scotland, and Wales. For the avoidance of doubt, Jersey, Guernsey, and the Isle of Man are not part of the United Kingdom for these purposes. Channel 5 reserves the right to ask competition winners for proof of UK residency and if a competition winner is unable to prove their residency to Channel 5's satisfaction (i.e. prove that they are physically present in the UK for 183 days or more in the previous or current UK tax year), Channel 5 reserves the right to select an alternative winner. There is no minimum age limit unless specified otherwise in the competition information. There is no maximum age limit, except in relation toMilkshake! competitions where, unless specified otherwise in the competition information, entrants must be 10 years of age or under and must obtain permission from a parent or guardian before entering. Where a prize involves travel of any description, any winner under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult. Employees and members of their immediate families (including any live-in partner or household member) of any of the following may not enter:
a. Companies within Channel 5 Television Group Limited (“Channel 5”);
b.Companies within the Northern & Shell Group (comprising the Northern & Shell Broadcasting Limited group of companies and the Northern & Shell Network Limited group of companies).
c. Any company involved in the organisation, management, promotion, or administration of the competition or its entry routes or donation of prizes or their agents or subsidiaries;
d. Any company involved in any capacity in the production or sponsorship of a programme to which the competition relates.
5. Where the competition information specifies a minimum or maximum age limit Channel 5 reserves the right to ask for proof of age and in all competitions evidence to verify the identity of an entrant at any time, and may use any channels and methods available to carry out checks of any details provided. Entrants may only enter the competition in their own name.
6. The opening and closing dates and times for entries are as indicated in the competition information.If you are watching on Demand 5 or through a website or any other time shift or catch up service, you should not enter because the competition may have closed. Any entries received before the opening orafter the closingof the competition will be invalid and will not be entered into the competition, but may still be charged.
7. By entering the competition entrants warrant that all information submitted by them is true, current, and complete. Entrants also warrant that they are the copyright owners of any copyright works submitted, for example photographs and drawings, and Channel 5's use of such works will not infringe the rights of any third party.
8. Where indicated in the competition information, some competitions are only open to registered users of the channel5.com website. There is no charge for registration.
9. Save in relation to entry via a Premium Rate Telephone Service (see clause 10i below), any limit on the number of entries a person or household may make will be clearly stated in the competition information. Entries received in excess of this limit will be invalid and will not be entered into the competition.
10. Entry to the competition may only be made through the applicable method(s) indicated in the competition information. Not all of the following methods of entry may be available for entry to each competition. The following terms and conditions will apply where the method is indicated as being available in the competition information. Where entrants pay an entry fee, they must have the permission of the bill payer before entering, otherwise the entry will be invalid.
a. Telephone (“IVR”) entry
Where specified in the competition information as an available method of entry to the competition, telephone entrants are required to call the telephone number as indicated in the competition information, and follow the instructions in the recorded message. The charge per call will be as indicated in the competition information and is based on the cost of a call from a BT fixed network line. The cost of entering from other networks will vary and from mobiles will cost considerably more and it is the entrant’s responsibility to check before entering. Once the telephone number is dialled and the entrant is connected they will be charged the cost of entry (together with any applicable alternative network or mobile operators' charge). Please contact your telephone network operator for details. Telephone entries received after the notified competition closing time will not be valid.
b. Text (“SMS”) entry
Where specified in the competition information as an available method of entry to the competition, SMS entrants are required to send a text to the shortcode or number as indicated in the competition information. Texts received by Channel 5 will be charged at the standard operator rate, which will vary depending on the entrant’s mobile network provider. Please check with the relevant mobile network provider what standard network charge will apply.When a text message is received from Channel 5, sent to the same mobile phone from which the answer was sent, acknowledging receipt of the entry (a “Text Acknowledgement”), this will result in the entrant being charged the charge stated in the competition information. In the event that the entrant has insufficient funds, credits or capacity on their handset (as applicable) for the Text Acknowledgement to be successfully sent by Channel 5 and received by the entrant within 72 hours of the original entry being received by Channel 5, the relevant entry will be deemed ineligible and will not be accepted, however, the entrant will not be entitled to a refund of the standard network charge imposed by the entrant’s mobile network when they entered the competition by text message.
Entries sent by text message which are received after the stated competition closing time will be invalid and will not be entered into the competition. If a text message entry is received by Channel 5 after the stated competition closing time, the entrant will receive a free text message from Channel 5 informing them that their entry was received late and was not therefore entered into the competition; however, the entrant will not be entitled to a refund of the standard network charge imposed by the entrant’s mobile network when they entered the competition by text message.
SMS entrants will receive a Text Acknowledgement, which may include information about the programme, its sponsor or other services relating to the competition. SMS entrants may opt out of receiving any marketing messages in the confirmation message (please see rule 37 of these terms and conditions).
c. Voice Short Code (“VSC”) entry
Where specified in the competition information as an available method of entry to the competition, mobile telephone entrants are required to call the mobile short code as indicated in the competition information, and follow the instructions in the recorded message. Calls received (i.e. once the short code is dialled and the entrant is connected) will be charged the charge stated in the competition information. Mobile telephone entries received after the notified competition closing time will not be valid. It is not possible to call a voice short code from a landline
d. Web entry
Where specified in the competition information as an available method of entry to the competition, web entrants are required to follow the instructions on the website as indicated in the competition information. Entrants will receive a message confirming entry to the competition. Web entrants may be required to supply their name, and/or email address and/or a contact telephone number and/or any other details. In the event that entrants are required to pay to enter online, entrants will need to use the relevant payment service indicated in the competition information, and may need to open an account and register to pay for online entry to the competition. Online entry costs will be as indicated in the competition information. Entrants must read and accept the terms and conditions relating to the online entry pay service before proceeding with such a web entry. Internet service providers’ fees may apply when accessing the internet.
e. Postal entry
Where specified in the competition information as an available method of entry to the competition, postal entrants may enter the competition by sending their answer (if applicable), full name, postal and/or e-mail address and a contact telephone number (or such contact details as are requested in the competition information) to the postal address indicated in the competition information. Entries should be sent either on a postcard, or on/in a sealed envelope. Entries received in any other form may be deemed invalid.
f. E-mail entry
Where specified as an available method of entry to the competition, e-mail entrants may enter the competition by sending an e-mail with the information indicated in the competition information and at the email address indicated. There is no charge for email entries. Entrants may receive a message confirming their entry to the competition. Internet service providers’ fees may apply when accessing the internet.
g. Mobile Internet entry
Where available, entrants may enter the competition by Mobile Internet. Eligible entrants are required to click on the link to the competition on the relevant Mobile Internet webpage and follow instructions to provide the required information to enter the competition. Entries without all the required information will be invalid. Entrants will be charged as per the cost in the competition information for entering a competition via Mobile Internet together with any applicable network charges. Some mobile network operators will include the charge on the entrant’s telephone bill; others will send a Text Acknowledgement which will result in the entrant being charged. Mobile network operators may also charge their customers for using the Mobile Internet/browsing tools. Entrants should contact their network operator for more details as these charges may vary depending on the entrant’s mobile network operator and tariff.
h. Entry via Social Network Sites such as Facebook
Where specified as an available method of entry to the competition, Social Network Site entrants may enter the competition by responding with the information indicated in the competition information by posting their answer within their comment. There is no charge for such entries. Internet service providers’ fees may apply when accessing the internet.
i. Entry via Premium Rate Telephone Service (‘PRTS’) (i.e. premium rate entry via IVR orSMS)
(i). Save for the competitions listed at (ii) below, where specified in the competition as an available method of entry to the competition, entrants may enter a competition by calling a premium rate telephone number and/or by sending a premium rate SMS. PRTS entrants may submit no more than 5 entries per premium rate entry route per originating telephone number. Entries over the maximum number of entries for each method of entry from the same originating telephone number will not be entered into the competition.
(ii). 3 for 2 SPECIAL OFFER or other similar promotions (e.g. 6 for 4).
In respect of any competition identified below using the “3 for 2 Entry Offer” or similar promotionand which directs the entrant to this clause, the following will apply:
(a.)Where the 3 for 2 Entry Offer or similar promotion is available, any PRTS entrant who enters a competition by calling a premium rate telephone number will be advised that if they call again using the same telephone number, they will receive an additional entry (i.e. a third) entry into the competition without charge. Entrants who then, using the telephone number used for the original phone call, make a second phone call with their answer (if applicable) to the premium rate phone number stipulated before the competition closing date and time will then be entered into the relevant draw a second and third time for a chance to win the prize, but will be charged for two entries only. This procedure may be repeated until the entrant has reached the maximum entry limit.
(b.)Where the 3 for 2 Entry Offer or similar promotion is available, any SMS entrant who enters a competition by sending a premium rate SMS will receive a Text Acknowledgement acknowledging their SMS entry and,unless clause 10i(ii)(f) below applies, an invitation to enter the competition via SMS for a second time using the same mobile telephone number and advising that where they do, they will receive an additional (i.e. a third) entry into the competition without charge. Entrants who then, using the telephone number used for the original message, send a second SMS text with their answer (where applicable) to the premium rate SMS short code stipulated before the competition closing date and time will then be entered into the relevant draw a second and third time for a chance to win the prize but will be charged for two entries only. This procedure may be repeated until the entrant has reached the 9 entries limit where available.
(c) Where an answer to a competition question is required for valid entry into a competition, the same answer submitted by the PRTS telephone or SMS entry on the second or fourth entry, will be submitted for the resulting free entry (i.e. the third or sixth entry respectively).
(d) A free SMS entry drawn as a winner is valid only if two charged entries have been registered as paid by the entrant and neither of those entries have qualified the entrant for any other free entry, taking into account the sequence in which the paid entries were received and any other free entry was awarded.
(e) Entrants to competitions can take advantage of the 3 for 2 Entry Offer or other similar promotions when available.
(iii). Entries over the maximum number of entries for each method of entry from the same originating telephone number will not be entered into the competition. There is no limit on the number of entries that can be made via non-premium rate entry routes unless otherwise specified in the competition information.
11. Neither Channel 5 nor its servants, agents, nor any other party or organisation involved in the management, promotion, or administration of the competition or its entry routes or donation of prizes or their agents or subsidiaries involved in the competition will accept responsibility or liability for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction, alteration of, or unauthorised access to entries, or entries lost or delayed whether or not arising during operation or transmission as a result of server functions (including but not limited to security functions by software used by Channel 5 or any third party), virus, bugs, or other causes outside its control.
12. Entries submitted through agents or third parties or in bulk (i.e. more entries than a human being could submit in the time available without the use of software or other devices designed to make automated entries or, in the case of postal entries, more than one entry submitted under the same postage stamp) will not be accepted. No more than one prize per person per competition will be awarded. In relation to Milkshake! competitions only, no more than one prize per household per competition will be awarded, and entrants will only be able to win a prize in one competition every three months in the case of competitions broadcast on Channel 5 and six months in the case of competitions broadcast on 5* irrespective of how many competitions they enter.
13. Any entries which are incomplete, incorrect, inaudible, incomprehensible, or not received by Channel 5 will be void. An entry to the competition will be deemed to be an invalid entry where an entrant has evaded payment of the applicable entry charges when entering the competition or, in the case of postal entry, has failed to pay and affix the correct postal charges.
14. In the event of any fault, mistake, misunderstanding or dispute concerning the correctness or acceptability of the entry or any answers given by entrants (if applicable), or the operation of any part of the competition (in the case of postal entries, a postal strike for example), network or phone system, the decision of Channel 5 shall be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
15. Channel 5 will not be liable to reimburse expenses incurred in making an entry in any competition. Where Channel 5 decides in its sole discretion that an entrant is eligible for a refund, eligibility for refunds will be notified to relevant entrants. Channel 5 reserves the right to refuse to refund any messages where it suspects dishonest or fraudulent conduct on the sender’s part or where the entrant has not complied with the rules of the competition (for example, in exceeding the maximum number of entries).
16. The prize is as specified in the competition information. Where the prize involves the winner travelling, the winner (and their companion(s) if applicable) may be required to hold a valid passport and/or other necessary travel documentation and visas. Where the prize necessitates travel on a specific date, the winner (and their companion(s) if applicable) must be able to travel on the date specified by Channel 5 and no alternative dates will be available. Where there are multiple people travelling, the winner and their companion(s) must travel at the same time on the same itinerary. Where the prize involves travel or another experience on a date and/or destination to be chosen by the winner, the date and/or destination chosen is subject to availability and the prize must be taken within 12 months of the winner being notified of their win, unless specified otherwise in the competition information. The winner must provide Channel 5 with their preferred date and/or destination within 28 days of being notified of their win. Channel 5 will use reasonable endeavours to arrange the prize for the winner’s preferred date and/or destination, but these are subject to availability and Channel 5 reserves the right to require the winner to take the prize on alternative dates and/or to an alternative destination of Channel 5’s choice. Where the prize involves travel to a destination outside the United Kingdom, Channel 5 will use reasonable endeavours to arrange direct flights from an airport conveniently located for the winner but may require the winner to fly from a London airport. The winner is solely responsible for travel to and from the UK airport specified by Channel 5 and all insurance, applicable taxes and for any costs, expenses and charges not specified as being included in the prize description in the competition information. The prize is subject to the terms and conditions of the manufacturer or supplier. Where the prize also includes holiday spending money, Channel 5 or it’s third party supplier, will issue a cheque for the stated amount upon receiving confirmation that the holiday has been booked.
17. The process for determining the winner of the prize is as indicated in the competition information. Where the winner is randomly selected from all correct and valid entries, the draw for the winner will where possible take place within 7 days of the date on which the competition closes.
18. Prize draw prizes will be awarded in accordance with the laws of chance and, if required by law or regulation, under the supervision of an independent observer. Any competition requiring a subjective assessment in the selection of winning entries will be judged from all valid entries by Channel 5 or as indicated in the competition information and, if required by law or regulation, an independent judge or a panel including one member who is independent of the competition's promoters and intermediaries. Selection of winning entries is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
19. Should more prizes be claimed than are available for any reason, a simple prize draw will take place for the available prize(s).
20. Winner contact:
a. General contact: Any winner/s will be contacted as soon as it is practicable on or after the draw date or judging date (as appropriate) as indicated in the competition information. Reasonable efforts will be made to contact a winner on the phone number provided (or other method of contact if appropriate) when entering the competition. Unless the prize is time critical or time sensitive, Channel 5 or its representative will try to contact the winner over a 28 day period.
b. Time critical: Where the prize must be taken up within one month of the close date of the competition, this will be considered "time critical". As a winner needs to be picked and contacted before this time period passes, the competition information will indicate the date/date range upon which the winner will be contacted and Channel 5 or its representative will attempt to contact the winner on the phone number (or other method of contact if appropriate) they provided, as indicated in the competition information.
c. Time sensitive: Where the prize must be taken up by a date which is more than one month but less than three months after the close date of the competition, unless otherwise stated in the competition information, Channel 5 or its representative will contact the winner on the phone number (or other method of contact if appropriate) they provided, calling at different times on weekdays and as appropriate over the weekend or as indicated in the competition information.
d. In the event that the winner cannot be contacted (or fails to respond to any message left) within the time periods set out above or if the winner fails to provide an address for delivery of the prize or fails to meet any of the eligibility requirements or is otherwise unable to comply with the competition terms and conditions, this may result in forfeiture of the prize and Channel 5 reserves the right to disqualify that entrant (without further liability to that entrant) and offer the prize to the next eligible entrant and thereafter until a winner is found.
22. Any entrant who enters or attempts to enter the competition in a manner, which in Channel 5's determination, is contrary to these terms and conditions or is fraudulent or unjust to other entrants (including without limitation tampering with the operation of the competition, hacking, cheating, deception, or any other unfair playing practices such as intending to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other entrants or Channel 5 and/or any of its agents or representatives), may be rejected from the competition at Channel 5's sole discretion.
23. Channel 5 reserves the right to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend the Competition in whole or in part, at its sole discretion, if it believes the Competition is not capable of being conducted as specified in these terms and conditions or in the event of a virus, computer bug or unauthorised human intervention or any other cause that is beyond the reasonable control of Channel 5 that could corrupt or affect the administration, security, impartiality, or normal course of the Competition.
24. Channel 5 reserves the right in its sole discretion to withhold delivery of the prize until such proof of eligibility and/or identity requested by Channel 5 has been confirmed or if such proof is not produced on request or to disqualify the entrant from the competition.
25. Channel 5 endeavours to deliver the prize to the winner within twenty eight (28) days from the date of the draw, unless otherwise specified to the winner. Delivery restrictions may apply. No cash equivalent (where applicable) or alternative prize will be given and the prize is non-transferable and non-exchangeable. However, Channel 5 reserves the right to change the prize due to circumstances beyond its control or to offer an alternative of similar value.
26. In certain circumstances, as decided by Channel 5 in its sole discretion, a cash alternative or transfer of all or part of a prize to an immediate family member of the winner may be offered. Such circumstances may include (but are not limited to) the prize being inappropriate for the age or health of the winner, the prize including tickets to an event, the prize being no longer available. In such circumstances, Channel 5 will require the winner to provide written confirmation of their waiver of entitlement to all or part of the prize and agreement to accept the cash alternative or, in the case of transfer to an immediate family member, agreement to the transfer. Channel 5 reserves the right to ask for documentary evidence of the relationship between the winner and the intended transferee, Channel 5 will also require written acceptance of the transfer from the transferee and agreement to comply with the terms and conditions of the competition. In cases where the prize or parts of the prize are sponsored by third parties, no cash alternative will be available.
27. Where the prize includes a cheque/voucher/gift card/online account, such funds will be made payable to the name of the winning entry in pounds sterling. A cheque/voucher/gift card/online account prize cannot be made payable to any third party. No other form of payment will be made.
28. Channel 5, the prize provider, the issuer of the vouchers, gift cards or online account and their agents reserve the right to refuse to accept online accounts, vouchers and/or gift cards which are deemed to have been tampered with, defaced, duplicated, damaged or which otherwise are suspected to be affected by fraud or which have been lost or stolen following delivery.
29. Where the prize and/or information relating to the prize is to be provided directly to the winner by a third party, the winner (and where applicable, their companion(s)) is (are) required to comply with all instructions and necessary requirements as may be specified by the third party to receive and/or take up the prize, including but not limited to contacting such third party within specified timeframes, adhering to the itinerary as specified, paying any required charges and/or costs which are not included in the prize, completing any required forms including but not limited to booking forms and to delivering any required documentation to that third party, including but not limited to proof of identification. Channel 5 will accept no responsibility and will not be liable to the winner or any other persons where the winner fails to comply with such instructions and such failure may result in forfeiture of the prize.
30. For delivery of the prize, you may be required to be available at a specified time and place.
31. The winner will be contacted as soon as practicable on or after the draw date or judging date (as appropriate) as indicated in the competition information. Reasonable efforts will be made to contact a winner on the phone number provided when entering the competition or such other method of contact deemed appropriate by Channel 5 in its sole discretion in the circumstances. If the winner cannot be contacted or successful contact is not made within the fixed time period as specified or if the winner fails to provide an address for delivery of the prize or fails to meet any of the eligibility requirements or is otherwise unable to comply with the interaction terms and conditions, this may result in forfeiture of the prize and Channel 5 reserves the right to disqualify that winner (without further liability to that winner) and offer the prize to the next eligible entrant and thereafter until a winner is found.
32. Any entrant and/or winner must comply with any directions given to him or her by Channel 5, prize provider(s) and/or their agents and with all relevant laws, rules and regulations, restrictions, itinerary, and where applicable, compliance with the Ofcom Broadcasting Code. Failure to comply with instructions, itineraries, rules, restrictions, requirements, laws and guidelines may result in an invalid entry and/or forfeiture of the prize.
33. In relation to all competitions other than Milkshake! competitions, the first name and surname of the winner may be published by Channel 5 and also be obtained by sending a SAE to Competitions, Channel 5, 10 Lower Thames Street, London, EC3R 6EN including the name of the competition within 3 months of the closing date. In relation to Milkshake! competitions, the first name, surname and age of the winner will be announced on air and published on Channel 5’s website. By entering the competition entrants grant to Channel 5 a non-exclusive licence to use and publish their entry in any media for the purpose of announcing the winner.
Data Protection and Publicity
34. Channel 5 (or any third party nominated by Channel 5) may exercise its sole discretion to use the winner's (and (if applicable) their companion's) name, address, and image and their comments relating to the prize and competition experience for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes in any media worldwide without notice or without any fee being paid.
35. Information, data and the caller line identity ("personal data") which is provided by entrants when they enter will be held and used by Channel 5 and its suppliers and contractors in order to administer the competition. If entrants call from a withheld caller line identity and do not provide their caller line identity when entering the competition, Channel 5 may use the withheld caller line identity for customer care purposes such as refunds or communications relating to a service e.g. to notify a winner. Entrants' personal data may also be passed to their mobile phone network or to relevant regulatory bodies including PhonePayPlus, the police or other authorities in the course of the investigation of any complaints or suspected unlawful activity or where requested by the phone provider in connection with the billing arrangements for the competition. Aggregate, non-personal data may also be used for the purpose of undertaking market research or in facilitating reviews, developments and improvements to relevant services.
36. Entries to Milkshake! competitions may be held by Channel 5 for up to three months after which they will be securely destroyed. Channel 5 will not return entries submitted to Milkshake! competitions.
38. Channel 5 and/or the prize provider may be required to send personal data of the winner of a competition (and where applicable, their companion(s)) to third parties outside the European Economic Area, for the purposes of fulfilling and administering the competition and/or the prize and the winner agrees to such transfer for these purposes.
39. Winners will be listed on the competition winners’ page and, where applicable, winners' names may be mentioned in the relevant programme. This means that if you are a winner, your name and location may be published at www.channel5.com/win and/or announced in the relevant programme.
40. By entering any of Channel 5’s competitions you agree that you do not have any commercial relationship with Channel 5, the programme producers and/or the Prize provider, and that you are not an agent of Channel 5 or the programme producers and/or the Prize provider.
41. If you are under 18 years of age you must have parental or legal guardian and bill payer’s permission before participating in the interactive service and Channel 5 reserves the right to contact your parent or legal guardian and bill payer to verify such prior permission.
42. Nothing in these terms and conditions restricts your statutory rights as a consumer.
43. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude or limit Channel 5's liability for death or personal injury caused by their staff or supplier's negligence or for fraud. Subject to this, Channel 5 cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering the competition or as a result of accepting any prize. Channel 5 is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software failure of any email or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, telephone lines or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer or mobile telephone related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the competition.
44. Subject to 43 above, Channel 5 reserves the right to amend any element of a competition for reasons beyond its reasonable control, including, but not limited to the unavailability of the vote, poll, competition or prize draw entry platform before the closing date, or for strike, lock-out, labour dispute, illness, act of God, natural disaster, adverse weather conditions, war, riot, civil commotion, accident, epidemic or pandemic, malicious damage, fire, flood and/or storm, compliance with law or governmental order, rule, regulation or direction, breakdown of plant, machinery or transportation. Channel 5 is not responsible for any loss or damage caused to you as a result of any of these occurrences.
45. Channel 5 cannot promise that the services relating to the competition will be free from errors or omissions nor that they will be available uninterrupted and in a fully operating condition. These services may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair, network issues, or for reasons reasonably beyond the control of Channel 5. Channel 5 will not be liable in the event that all or any part of the service relating to the competition is discontinued, modified or changed in any way.
46. You agree to reimburse Channel 5 in respect of any damages suffered by Channel 5 or any losses by Channel 5 resulting from any claim made by a third party in each case in respect of any matter arising from your use of the services relating to the competition in breach of the interaction terms and conditions or from your violating of any applicable law or regulation.
47. In the event that any entrant does not, or is unable to, comply with and meet these terms and conditions and the competition information, Channel 5 shall be entitled at its sole discretion to disqualify such entrant, without any further liability to such entrant. In these circumstances, any prize(s) won by the entrant may be forfeited and Channel 5 reserves the right to reclaim any prize(s) already distributed to the entrant. Any entrant must comply with any directions given to him or her by Channel 5 including but not limited to any and all relevant laws, rules and regulations, and where applicable, compliance with the Ofcom Broadcasting Code and PhonePayPlus Code of Practice.
48. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Terms and Conditions shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Terms and Conditions shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
49. Please note that calls may be recorded to ensure that competition entries are captured, for staff training and quality control purposes.
50. Channel 5's Customer Services team may be contacted on 0845 7 05 05 05. The promoter of the competition is Channel 5 Broadcasting Ltd, 10 Lower Thames Street, London, EC3R 6EN.
51. Northern and Shell Plc reserves the right to offer these competitions across the Northern & Shell Group.
52. These terms and conditions were last updated on 17 July 2014.