PROMOTER AND PARTICIPANTS
1. The Promoter is Secret Escapes Ltd, 29-35 Farringdon Road, London, EC1M 8JF
2. All entrants (“Participants”) must be UK and Republic of Ireland residents aged 18 or
3. Employees of Secret Escapes Ltd., Canon (UK) Ltd. or their affiliated companies,
their families, agents and other parties directly involved with this promotion and the
sponsorship are not eligible to enter.
4. By entering this Prize Draw, all Participants are deemed to have agreed to be bound
by these terms and conditions unless notified otherwise in writing.
THE PRIZE DRAW
5. To enter this Prize Draw, Participants are asked to fill out a short questionnaire about
their photography habits between 26/06/2014 11.00 am (“Entry Date”) and 19th/07
2014 11.59 pm (“Close Date”).
6. No purchase is necessary; it is free to enter this Prize Draw;
7. Multiple entries are not permitted;
8. Incomplete, invalid or inappropriate entries, or entries received after the Closing Date
will not be eligible to win;
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
9. To enter this Draw, Participants must fill in the form on Prize Draw Page at the
Promoter’s web-site providing the information about their name, e-mail address and
their photography habits.
10. All entries must be received between the Entry Date and the Close Date (UK time).
PRIZE DRAW REQUIREMENTS
11. Participants agree to be contacted by Promoter for the purposes of administrating
the Prize Draw.
12. Promoter reserves the right to disqualify incomplete or illegible entries or which
otherwise do not meet the requirements.
13. A seven-night stay at Chalet Hotel Breithorn, Champoluc, Italy and the flights
(economy class) to Innsbruck for two adults included TOGETHER with a Canon
EOS 700D Digital SLR Camera and 18-55mm IS STM Lens.
14. The Prize also includes: airport and hotel transfers, standard travel insurance for
two adults, accommodation in a standard hotel double/twin room, daily breakfast, FREE
packed lunched (five days), afternoon Tea (five days, five course evening meals (six nights) with
15. Departure in July-September 2014 (subject to availability) upon the choice of the
Promoter. The trip dates may not fall on the public holidays.
16. Departure - from the winner’s nearest airport.
17. Promoter reserves the right to publish name, town and county of the winner or to
publicise any prize giving presentation after the date of the Draw. If the winner does not
wish such details to be published, they must advise Promoter at time of being notified
that they have won.
18. The Prize is non-transferable and no cash or credit alternatives will be substituted for
the prize on offer. In the event that the prize offered is unavailable due to circumstances
beyond our control, Promoter reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or
19. The camera will be couriered to the winner and the trip will be booked within 30 days
after the winner claims the Prize by e-mailing the details requested by the Promoter over
email [email protected]
The winner must claim the Prize not later than within
30 calendar days from the date when the winner has been announced at the Promoter’s
20. If the winner rejects or fails to claim the Prize on time in accordance with the clause
19 the Prize may be awarded to other entrants at the absolute and sole discretion of the
21. The eventual winner will be drawn at random via a third party electronic selection
tool from all submissions received between The Entry Date and the Close Date.
22. The winner will be announced on the Prize Draw page at Promoter’s web-site no
later than 29th August 2014 and via a direct message from [email protected]
to the winner’s e-mail
23. The Promoter is committed to protecting Participants’ privacy. Any personal
information supplied by Participants will be used and processed by Secret Escapes Ltd.
and will be shared with Canon (UK) Limited or its associated group companies.
24. Secret Escapes Ltd, 29-35 Farringdon Road, London, EC1M 8JF and Canon (UK) Ltd.
Woodhatch, Reigate RH2 8BF together are Data Controllers of your personal data.
25. The information provided will be used in accordance with the permissions you have
granted upon entering as well as for the purpose of administering the Prize Draw and
for supplying the information to third parties appointed to administer the Prize Draw.
The unanimous information about your photography habits may be used for marketing
26. The personal data provided to us is held on secure computer and may be transferred
on a secure server outside the EEA.
27. Promoter reserves the right to refuse to honour any entry or to recover the full
value of any prize if it considers there has been an abuse or breach of the terms and
conditions of this Prize Draw.
28. Promoter shall not be liable for any loss, damage or injury of any nature howsoever
caused, sustained by any participant under this promotion. However, nothing in these
rules shall have the effect of excluding or restricting Promoter’s liability for personal
injury or death caused by the proven negligence of its employees or contractors.
29. In the event of a dispute over interpretation or implementation of the rules on any
matter related to the Prize Draw, the decision of the Directors of Promoter is final and no
correspondence will be entered into.
30. These terms and conditions and any disputes arising out of or in connection with
them shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and willl
be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.