ITEM 1: COMPETITION NAME
“Sky Atlantic” (the “Competition”)
ITEM 2: PROMOTER
Bauer Radio Limited registered under company number 01394141 trading as:
- Absolute Radio
Registered office: 1 Lincoln Court, Lincoln Road, Peterborough, PE1 2FR and (the “Promoter”).
ITEM 3: WEBSITE
ITEM 4: COMPETITION START DATE AND FINISHING DATE
Start Date: 04/01/2017 at 00:01
End Date: 13/01/2017 at 23:59
Any entries received before the Start Date or after the End Date (for whatever reason) will be invalid.
ITEM 5: COMPETITION CONTESTING DATES (if applicable)
The Competition will be staged on the following dates:
Start Date: 04/01/2017 at 00:01
End Date: 13/01/2017 at 23:59
ITEM 6: ENTRANT RESTRICTIONS
• The Competition is open to UK residents aged 18 years or over at the date of their entry.
• Employees (and their family members) of the Promoter (or any company in the same group) or any company involved in the Competition, including the Prize Provider, are excluded from entering the Competition and their entries will not be considered.
ITEM 7: ROUTES OF ENTRY AND COSTS
You can enter by:
(2) Free of charge on the Website;
ITEM 9: DRAW DETAILS
The winner will be chosen by electronic random draw.
ITEM 10: WINNER ANNOUNCEMENT
The winner(s) name and hometown are available on request by emailing the contact details listed in item 16
ITEM 11: PRIZE DETAILS
A single prize consisting of the following will be awarded to the winner subject to the winner complying with all the terms and conditions applicable to the Competition:
1. Prize Details:
There is one prize package to be won (each a “Prize”). One winner will be allocated one Prize each. Each prize package consists of:
• 1 x Sky Q TV subscription for 12 months to include the following:
o 1 x Sky Q Complete Bundle TV package including Sky Sports and Sky Cinema;
o 1 x Sky Q Multiscreen subscription; and
o Free standard installation provided by Sky subject to the Prize Conditions
o We’ll also loan the prize winner 1 x Sky Q 2TB box and 1 x Sky Q Mini box at no charge
• 1 x 43” LG Ultra HD 4K TV
2. The following terms shall apply to the Prize (the “Prize Conditions”):
a) The winner will be required to enter into a new Sky Q TV subscription contract. If the winner is an existing Sky TV customer, your existing Sky TV subscriptions will come to an end and you must enter into a new Sky Q TV subscription contract.
b) After your 12 month free Sky Q TV subscription comes to an end, standard subscription charges will apply (currently £92 a month), unless you change or cancel your package, giving Sky at least 31 days’ notice. You must be over 18 and resident in the United Kingdom.
c) The Prize does not include:
• A broadband subscription (to experience Sky Q features to the full, we recommend connecting your boxes to home broadband);
• Sky Box Office, Sky Store purchases/rentals, Stand-alone Premium Channels, or pay-per-view services and events
d) Watching on an extra TV screen comes at a one-off cost of £99 and we’ll loan you an extra Sky Q Mini at no cost (recommend connecting no more than 4 Sky Q Minis in total)
e) Sky Q installations currently average a 32 day waiting period which could increase over Christmas. All other prize elements will be delivered within 28 days
3. Prices, programmes/channels are subject to change.
4. Engineer set-up required.
5. The winner must get any consents required (e.g. landlord’s) prior to installation.
6. Winners must redeem the prize within a year. Winners who are in a current pay-TV contract with another provider may defer their Prize for a maximum of 12 months from the date of winning. If a winner does not redeem his/her Prize within 12 months from the date of winning, this could result in loss of the Prize. If the winner has a previous uncleared debt with Sky the winner will not be able to take up the Prize until this debt has been fully cleared.
7. There is no cash alternative to the Prize or any element thereof and unless agreed otherwise in writing the Prize is non-refundable and non-transferable.
8. Abolute Radio reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equivalent or greater monetary value if this is necessary for reasons beyond its control.
9. Except in the case of death or personal injury arising from its negligence or in respect of fraud and so far as is permitted by law, the Promoter and its associated companies and agents exclude responsibility and all liabilities arising from the enjoyment of the prize; and/or any postponement, cancellation, delay or changes to the prize beyond the Promoter’s control; and for any act or default of any third party supplier.
10. Sky reserves the right to refuse or withdraw the Prize if a winner or a party authorised by the winner to act on their behalf, threatens or abuses a Staff employee or otherwise conducts themselves in a manner that Sky reasonably regards as inappropriate, offensive or unlawful.
11. Prize winner will own the Sky dish. The Sky Q box, the Sky Q Mini and all other Sky Q kit is loaned to the winner at no cost and must be returned when the winner’s 12 month prize subscription terminates or when the winner leaves Sky, whichever is earlier. Mechanical faults with the Sky Q kit will be repaired at no cost.
12. By entering this promotion and choosing to opt-in to receive more information, you agree that Sky may use your information to contact you about products and services you may like. You can change your direct marketing preferences by contacting Sky on 08442 41 41 41. You can also click on the “unsubscribe” link in direct marketing emails from Sky.
ITEM 12: PRIZE PROVIDER
Sky UK Limited (the “Prize Provider”). Please note that where prizes are provided by third parties, the prize may be subject to the terms and conditions of that third party (outlined in ITEM 11).
The Promoter is not responsible for any aspect of the Prize, including unsatisfactory quality or late delivery.
ITEM 13: DATA PROTECTION
Entrants’ personal data (including telephone numbers and addresses will be collected by the Promoter and will be used to process entries. The Promoter will also provide winners’ names and contact details to the Prize Provider, solely for the purpose of arranging delivery of the prize.
By entering the Competition, participants consent to the storage and processing of their personal data as described here, which shall be strictly in accordance with current UK Data Protection legislation.
Personal data may remain stored by the Promoter and the Prize Provider after the Competition has ended but will not be used for marketing purposes.
ITEM 14: INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY AND CONSENTS
• To the extent possible, entrants agree to assign to the Promoter the title to any intellectual property rights or interest that they may have in the Recording.
ITEM 15: OTHER CONDITIONS
• Only entries received in accordance with these Terms will be accepted.
• The Promoter has the right to disqualify participants if it reasonably believes participants have breached any of the Terms.
• If there is any misunderstanding, mistake or dispute concerning the operation of the Competition, including the correctness or acceptability of any answers given by winner(s), or the operation of any technical/communications system, the Promoter’s decision shall be final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into on this subject.
• The correct answers to questions must exactly match the Promoter’s answers to win.
• The Promoter has no responsibility or liability if participants fail to get through when they call to enter. This includes a failure to complete a phone call due to loss of signal, even if the entrant gets through to the studio initially.
• The Promoter is not responsible for any costs associated with entering the Competition, including making phone calls or accessing the Website.
• In order to maintain the quality of the Promoter’s radio programming and to protect listeners from harm, participants may be disqualified if they are incomprehensible, inaudible or if it appears to the Promoter (in its sole discretion) that the caller is driving, intoxicated or likely to offend listeners.
• Whilst participants are on-air, they promise not to make any statement which (in the Promoter’s sole and reasonable discretion) is inappropriate or which would be likely to bring the Promoter into disrepute.
• Other than for death or personal injury resulting from its negligence and so far as permitted by law, Bauer Media hereby excludes all liability for any loss, damage, cost and expense, whether direct or indirect, howsoever caused in connection with the Competition or any aspect of the Prizes.
• The Promoter reserves the right to cancel, amend, terminate or temporarily suspend this Competition if it is required to do so due to circumstances outside its reasonable control, with no liability to any entrants or third parties.
ITEM 16: CONTACT DETAILS
If you have any concerns about how this competition has been run, you should email: [email protected]
A complaint will not be considered if it is made more than 14 days after the date the winner is announced.