Tickets, Afternoon tea, Lluxury overnight’s stay
Win tickets to the Battle Proms at Blenheim Palace – with afternoon tea, picnic and a luxury overnight’s stay.
Win a pair of tickets to the Battle Proms at Blenheim Palace on 22nd July, including a decadent champagne tea, delicious picnic with wine, and a luxury stay at the Feathers Hotel and a special selection of Port worth £200, including an excellent 1997 Vintage!
The Battle Proms is surely the perfect celebration of summer. Since their first concert in 1997, they’ve treated audiences to a heady mix of sublime classical music, carefully choreographed Spitfire and cavalry displays, dramatic cannon fire and stunning firework finales. As the series enters its 20th anniversary year, 5 of the UK’s most celebrated stately homes will play host to the ever-popular open-air concert series.
This year, we’re giving you the chance to be at the Battle Proms at Blenheim Palace on 22nd July. In addition to two tickets to the stunning outdoor concert, one lucky winner will be treated to two annual passes to Blenheim Palace, a decadent champagne tea at the Palace’s Orangery Restaurant prior to the concert, and a delicious fresh picnic with wine to enjoy during the concert, courtesy of the Little Picnic Company.
After the concert, the winner enjoys a luxury night’s stay in a suite at the nearby Feathers Hotel - a chic townhouse in the middle of Woodstock, with breakfast included.
Plus – the prize includes a selection of Churchill’s port, courtesy of the Oxford Wine Company, to take home. This includes a very special bottle of their 1997 Vintage, in honour of the 20th anniversary of the Battle Proms! For full details of this fabulous package please see the terms and conditions.
Which anniversary is the Battle Proms celebrating this year?
20 Years>>>>>>My Answer
Terms and Conditions
Win tickets to the Battle Proms at Blenheim Palace
Win Tickets to the Battle Proms at Blenheim Palace – with afternoon tea, picnic and a luxury overnight’s stay
1. The following rules (“Specific Rules”) together with the general competition terms and conditions (which can be found at http://www.classicfm.com/terms-conditions/competitions/) (the “Competition Terms and Conditions”) of Global (as defined in the Competition Terms and Conditions) apply to ‘Battle Proms – Blenheim Palace’ radio competition (the “Competition") which will run from 17:00 on May 18 2017 2017 to 23:59 on June 27 2017 on Classic FM (the “Radio Station”).
2. Anyone who enters the Competition (an “Entrant”) will be deemed to have read and accepted the Specific Rules and the Competition Terms and Conditions and will be bound by them.
Details of the Competition:
3. To enter the Competition an Entrant must go online to www.classicfm.com and register their details. Online entry will open at 17:00 on May 18 2017 and close at 23:59 on June 27 2017.
4. Entrants will have to provide their contact details and correctly answer a question to be in with a chance of winning.
5. One winner will be selected at random from all correct entries and will be notified by Global Radio within 28 days of the competition closing.
6. Entrants must be aged 18 or over.
7. Entrants must be able to attend the Battle Proms at Blenheim Palace on 22nd July 2017. Dates are non-negotiable.
8. Entry is restricted to one entry per person; duplicate entries will be excluded from the Competition.
9. One person will win the prize. The prize is as follows:
2 x annual passes to Blenheim Palace, valid for 12 months
Champagne Afternoon tea for two in the Orangery Restaurant, Blenheim Palace, prior to the concert. Must be booked in advance via the Blenheim Palace reservations team, subject to availability.
2 x Tickets to the Battle Proms concert on 22nd July at Blenheim Palace. Note that seating is not provided, visitors will need to bring own picnic rugs, fold out chairs if required.
One picnic for two people with wine, waiting at the Picnic Collection point at the concert entrance. See http://www.littlepicniccompany.co.uk/battle-proms/ for full details. Contents are subject to change. Gluten, nut and dairy free options available on request.
Delivery of a selection of Port from the Oxford Wine Company to The Feathers Hotel in advance of the winner’s stay. Contents, subject to availability, will be: 1 x Vintage 1997 (75cl), 1 x Dry White Port (50cl), 2 x 20 YO Tawny Port (50cl) 2 x Crusted Port (75cl).
One night stay for two people in a Suite on Saturday 22nd July 2017 at the Feathers Hotel, Woodstock, and breakfast the following morning
10. There is no cash alternative to the prize.
11. Prize can only be taken on the dates above.
12. Travel is not included.
13. Global reserves the right to substitute the prize with another prize at its absolute discretion.
14. Further details of the Churchill's package are as follows:
Churchill's specially-selected bottles illustrate the elegant and approachable styles that can be enjoyed on so many different occasions.
All Churchill Ports are vinified in “lagares”, traditional granite tanks, where the grapes are trodden by foot; although a costly exercise it does produce sublimely smooth and elegant wines. We hope you enjoy the following wines in this unique pack:
One Vintage 1997 (75cl)
One Dry White Port (50cl)
Two 20 Year Old Tawny Port (50cl)
Two Crusted Port (75cl)
Churchill’s Vintage Port 1997
A Vintage Port with great tannin to fruit ratio ensuring that this wine will continue to give pleasure for many years ahead. This wine is a classic Douro blend of many grape varieties such as Touriga Nacional, Touriga Franca, Tinta Roriz, Tinta Barroca and Tinto Cão which have been picked from old vineyards between 40 and 50 years’ of age. The finished wine tantalises with seductive aromas which include notes of fresh mint and menthol. Although approachable now, if you can resist the temptation to crack open the seal - this will reach peak condition 2027 – 2037. Serve after lunch or dinner, either on its own or with rich cheeses such as blue stilton – sheer bliss!
Churchill’s Dry White Port
A very special opportunity to experience a Dry White Port – as opposed to a Sweet White Port – as there are not many of them around. Churchill’s Dry White Port is made from white grapes such as Malvasia Fina and Rabigato, which are grown in specially chosen old vineyards at higher altitudes in the Douro. Its rich golden colour denotes its ten years of age which is very apparent from the smooth and complex taste. This is an ideal aperitif port – just pour straight from the bottle, ideally chilled, or on the rocks with tonic and serve with canapés such as smoked salmon, and roasted almonds. Those sunny terraces in the Douro are certainly beckoning.
Churchill’s 20 Year Old Tawny Port
Whilst Vintage Port is often held up as the most aristocratic of Port wines, wine writer Richard Mayson argues that a 20-year-old tawny can offer greater overall drinking pleasure. This port derives its pale red tawny colour from being aged in seasoned oak for approximately 20 years. No decanting is required for this wine, so serve chilled and enjoy this elegant port – redolent of almonds and red Moreno Cherries - as an accompaniment to dried fruits, roasted almonds and hard cheeses. Once tasted you will be forever hooked.
Churchill’s Crusted Port (Bottled in 2005)
This style was created by British Port shippers to provide wines with a similar style to Vintage Port, only more approachable and affordable. The name comes from the sediment (or ‘crust’) that forms at the bottom of the bottle as the wine ages – just like a Vintage Port. Crusted Port is carefully blended from Vintage Ports of two different years which have been aged for 2 -3 years in wood. The blend spends a final 6 months in seasoned oak casks before being bottled, unfiltered, into dark Vintage Port bottles. Decant at least two hours before serving. Delicious on its own but also excellent with plum pudding or mature soft cheeses.