1. The promoter is Bacardi-Martini Limited, whose registered office is at Bacardi Brown-Forman House, Kings Worthy, Winchester, Hampshire SO23 7TW (“Promoter”).
2. The Promoter is responsible for all administrative aspects of the Promotion (including determination of winners, prize-giving, and technical support etc.), with the assistance of the Little Brown Book Company.
3. For questions or comments, the Promoter can be emailed at [email protected]
4. Starting date: 05.00.00 (UK time) on 15.09.2016.
5. Closing date: 23.59.59 (UK time) on 15.10.2016.
6. Any entries received before the Starting Date or after the Closing Date will not be entered into the Promotion.
Who may enter
7. This competition (“Promotion”) is open to residents of the UK aged 18 or over.
8. The following may not enter or win [or participate in] a prize: (a) employees of Promoter or its agents and their first and second degree family members, (b) anyone else who is directly or indirectly professionally connected with the Promotion or the Promoter and their family members, and (c) employees of any company active in the alcoholic beverage sector (and their first and second degree family members).
How to enter
9. To take part in this Promotion entrants must visit http://competitions.womanandhome.com.
10. Entrants will need to do the following before the Closing Date:
a) Answer a multiple choice question. Three answers will be provided and one will be correct.
b) Entrants are required to provide their full name, date of birth, email address, mailing address, and create a password.
11. No purchase is necessary but entrants will need access to the internet in order to be able to enter the Promotion.
Limitations / restrictions on entry
12. Maximum of one entry per person.
13. Entrants are responsible for ensuring they will be able to accept the prizes as set out below and in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. In the event a winner is unable to do so then the Promoter reserves the right to reward the prizes to another eligible entrant using the method set out in the “Winner selection and notification” section below (and so on until a winner who is eligible and able to accept the prizes is found).
14. Entries must not be made in bulk, through multiple entries in a single day or through agents or third parties.
15. Incomplete entries and entries that do not comply in full with these Terms and Conditions will be disqualified and will not be counted.
Winner selection and notification
16. One winner and ten runners-up will be drawn at random (in the presence of an independent adjudicator) from all complete, correct and eligible entries received before the Closing Date].
17. The winner(s) will be notified by email or through social media within 7 days of the Closing Date and will need to respond to that notification in order to confirm their acceptance of the prize. All reasonable endeavours will be made to contact the winners during this time using the contact details provided in the entry form. Entrants should ensure they check their spam/bulk/junk folders for notification because if a response from a winner is not received within 7 days of the notification being made, a winner may lose their chance to claim their prize. Proof of age, identity and eligibility may be required in order to claim the prize.
18. The winner(s) must provide a suitable valid email address within 7 days of being contacted and notified.
19. Promoter’s decisions are final and binding in all respects on all entrants and no correspondence will be entered into.
The prize is: Two tickets for the Ultimate Experience at the Bombay Sapphire Distillery, and one ‘Laverstoke’ hamper. Upon notification of winning the prize, the winner but acknowledge acceptance of the prize within 7 days. The winner must claim the prize within 6 months, by telephoning the Bombay Sapphire Distillery on 01256 890090, having first checked availability for the Ultimate Experience on the Bombay Sapphire Distillery website at: distillery.bombaysapphire.com. The prize does not include transport to and from the venue, and does not include any food or drink outside of what is provided on the experience. The experience includes: 1) a personal tour of the Bombay Sapphire Distillery with Senior Brand Ambassador Sam Carter 2) a VIP experience behind the scenes in India House. 3) a Cocktail masterclass with a complimentary cocktails and sampling. 4) a buffet lunch. 5) a complimentary gift. 6) a complimentary drink in the Mill Bar to finish. Winners will be doing the experience with other delegates, and must provide details of any dietary requirements at least 7 days before participating in the event. Ten runners-up will receive a copy of the book ‘Circling the Sun’.
20. . Please note that the prize does not include personal expenditure and other incidental costs other than those specifically included.
21. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize (or any part thereof) for a prize or prizes of equivalent or greater monetary value if this is necessary for reasons beyond its reasonable control. There is no cash alternative to the prize (or any part thereof)) and unless the Promoter agrees otherwise in writing the prize is non-refundable and non-transferable.
22. Third party terms and conditions apply to parts of the prize.
23. Details of winners’ names and county will be available for one month after the Closing Date by writing to the Promoter at the contact details above and stating the name and date of the Promotion.
24. The Promoter accepts full liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence, or loss caused by a false statement where the statement is made fraudulently, or for any other losses that cannot be excluded at law. Otherwise, the following exclusions of liability will apply. References to the “Promoter” in this Liability section include all of the Promoter’s associated companies, agents or any other third party involved in the Promotion.
25. The Promoter will not be responsible for (and will have no liability in connection with) the following occurrences, to the extent that they occur for reasons beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control:
a) any postponement or cancellation of the Promotion;
b) any changes to the prize or the way in which they can be used;
c) problems with the dispatch of prize (such as a prize failing to reach the intended recipient); and
d) any act or default of any third party supplier.
26. The Promoter does not accept responsibility for network, computer, hardware or software failures of any kind, which may affect the sending, receipt or processing of your entry or for entries lost, damaged, delayed or unreadable, including loss of entries through technical fault or transmission delays.
27. Each winner and guest should be in good health and appropriately fit for travel and waive any claim they may have against the Promoter for any safety or health issue or problem they may have during travel.
Personal details and publicity
29. If you have opted in, the Promoter (and their respective business partners if applicable) may also use the details you give us to contact you for marketing purposes.
30. By entering this Promotion, entrants agree that if they are a prize winner they will grant the Promoter the free use of their name, country of residence, photographs, video and voice (“Image”) for advertising, publicity and news purposes in any media in perpetuity without additional remuneration. To this effect, a winner’s acceptance of a prize shall be deemed to be a confirmation of their agreement for the Promoter to use their Image and the Image of their guest, and the winner and their guest shall sign any further documentation reasonably required by the Promoter in this regard. A winner and their guest may also be asked to take part in reasonable publicity and PR activity in connection with the Promotion.
Promoter’s intellectual property
31. All intellectual property and database rights, in the Promotion Application, and our materials published on them, excluding so-called “user generated content” but including, without limitation, trademarks, designs, logos, text, images, audio and video materials, look and feel and software (including code, interface and website structure) (“Materials”) are owned by the Promoter (or its subsidiaries, affiliates, agents or partners).
32. The Materials are protected by intellectual property laws and treaties around the world.
33. All such rights are reserved and it is strictly prohibited to remove any copyright or other proprietary notices from any Materials.
English law applies
34. This Promotion, and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it (including the prizes), shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and entrants irrevocably agree that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any such dispute or claim.