WIN: Where are you? March 2014 - Win a holiday in the Algarve worth £6,000 and an entry into the annual prize draw @ Conde Nast Traveller
Product: Win a holiday in the Algarve worth £6,000 and an entry into the annual prize draw
Win a holiday in the Algarve worth £6,000
For a hit of sunshine to blast away the winter blues, book a flight to the golden shores of the Algarve. One of the best places to stay in Portugal's sultry south is the Conrad Algarve. Located in the A-list enclave of Quinta do Lago, it has an amazing spa by Aromatherapy Associates and a restaurant by superchef Heinz Beck. Enter this month's Where Are You? competition and you could win a five-night holiday for two here. The prize includes half-board accommodation in a Deluxe King room, a dinner with drinks for two at Gusto restaurant, two spa treatments, return flights to Faro with Monarch Airlines and transfers.
Identify the Oasis Village where the photograph on page 158 of the March 2014 issue was taken, and send in your entry to arrive by 31 March 2014. All correct entries will also be included in the Grand Prize draw at the end of the current competition period (1 October 2013-30 September 2014).
Clue: You'd be smart to visit this desert oasis, six hours south of the capital's assets. In fact, you'd be on the money. Remote though it may look, it is no lost city: the mirage-like village is only a few minutes' drive from the region's main town. Visitors used to journey here for the shady palm trees and the cool, blue-green water (thought to have medicinal properties), but now they come for the sand - buggying and boarding up and down the towering dunes. The lagoon has many legends of how it was formed. All of them start with a beautiful princess in love with a young prince who suddenly dies. Some say she cried and cried until her tears created the lake, others claim that while bathing in the waters she was startled by a hunter. She ran away, creating the dunes with the folds of her mantle. Whatever the story, the spot takes its name from two local words meaning 'to cry' and 'young woman'. If you're tempted to cool off in its depths, however, watch out for the mermaid of the laguna: the mysterious creature who tempts new lovers into the deep, never to be seen again.
To enter, identify the oasis village on page 158 where the photograph was taken. Correct answers will be placed in a random prize-draw.
The photo image can be seen in comment #1
MY ANSWER: Please see comment #1
Thank you for entering this competition, and good luck!
Rules: 1. Entries for Condé Nast Traveller's Where Are You? competition can be sent on a postcard, by e-mail or on-line (all stating the entrant's full name, address and telephone number), and must correctly identify the place described according to the instructions given. Entries by post should be sent to: Where Are You? competition, Condé Nast Traveller, Vogue House, 1 Hanover Square, London W1S 1JU. E-mail entries should be sent to email@example.com.
2. Each month's entry must arrive no later than the last day of the month on that issue's cover. Condé Nast Traveller is not responsible for late, lost or damaged mail or e-mail. Illegible or mechanically reproduced entries are not eligible. Entries by text message are not eligible.
3. Only one correct answer will be registered per entrant per month. Each registered correct answer is eligible for the Grand Prize draw. So contestants who have one registered correct answer at the end of the competition period (1 October 2013-30 September 2014) will have one entry in the Grand Prize draw; contestants with two registered correct answers will have two; and so on.
4. One Grand Prize winner of the current Where Are You? competition will be chosen, by 1 October 2014, in a random draw of qualified entries that have correctly identified locations in the competitions published in issues dated between October 2013 and September 2014. The winner will be notified within 14 days of the draw. If the winner cannot be contacted within 30 days, an alternative winner may be chosen. All decisions by the Editor are final.
5. The competition prize is not transferable. No substitutions for the prize will be allowed. Travel insurance is not included.
6. The Where Are You? competition is open to readers of Condé Nast Traveller who are 18 or older on the date of entry, except for employees of Condé Nast Publications, participating promotional agencies, contributors to Condé Nast Traveller, and the families of any of the above.
7. All entries to the Where Are You? competition become the sole property of Condé Nast Traveller and will neither be acknowledged nor returned.
8. Acceptance of the prize constitutes consent for the use of the winner's name and likeness and those of his/her travelling companion for editorial, advertising and publicity purposes.
9. Condé Nast will not be responsible or liable for any loss, damage or expense incurred by a prizewinner or by his or her travelling companion (for example, costs of repatriation) as a consequence of any party participating in providing the prize travel package becoming insolvent or entering into liquidation or bankruptcy.
10. Contestants, by entering the competition, agree to be bound by the above rules, terms and conditions. Please indicate if you do not want to be added to our mailing list, which is sometimes made available to carefully screened companies.
11. Only one entry per household