Christmas Wish List – #xboxwishlist competition
3rd December – 11th December 2014
Terms and Conditions
1. ELIGIBILITY. This promotion is open to any person resident in the United Kingdom who is eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry and who is a registered member of the Website http://www.twitter.com (the "Website"). IF YOU ARE NOT A REGISTERED MEMBER OF THE WEBSITE YOUR ENTRY WILL NOT BE VALID AND YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO WIN A PRIZE. Follow the instructions on the Website to register.
Employees of Microsoft or its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising or promotion agencies are not eligible, nor are members of these employees’ families (defined as parents, children, siblings, spouse and life partners).
2. HOW TO PLAY
On Wednesday 3rd December a webpage will be published on www.xbox.com that invites participants to create their personalised Xbox themed Christmas Wish List.
Entrants are required to create their wish list and share it on Twitter (www.twitter.com) including the hashtag #xboxwishlist.within the content timings below.
We (Microsoft) will select five (5) entries from the submissions at random.
3. ENTRY. To be entered into the competition you must:
Follow @XboxUK on Twitter
Enter before the “Promotion Period” end date
Meet the eligibility criteria
By sharing your Xbox Christmas wish list on www.twitter.com you will receive one (1) entry into the competition. Multiple entries are allowed.
To the extent that entry requires the submission of user-generated content such as photos, videos, music, artwork, essays, etc., entrants warrant that their entry is their original work, has not been copied from others, and does not violate the privacy, intellectual property rights or other rights of any other person or entity.
Entries will be ineligible for the prize draw if they:
violate the rights of any other person or entity;
are received outside of the Promotion Period set out below; or
are reported to violate the terms governing use of the Website.
No purchase necessary to enter the promotion. Entry constitutes full and unconditional acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. Microsoft is not responsible for lost, corrupted or delayed entries. Microsoft reserves the right to disqualify anyone who violates these Terms and Conditions.
4. TIMING: This promotion runs from 00:01 (BST) on 3rd December to 23:59 (BST) on 11th December (the “Promotional Period”).
5. USE OF YOUR ENTRY. Personal data which you provide when you enter may be used for future Microsoft marketing activity if you indicate your consent to such activity (if applicable). Otherwise your personal data will be used by Microsoft and agents acting on Microsoft’s behalf only for the operation of this promotion.
6. PRIZE. There will be five (5) prizes in total. Each prize will consist of items featured in participants’ wish list.
Top tier prize value is £535. Prizes are as stated and are not transferable. No cash alternatives available. Microsoft reserves the right to substitute the prizes with prizes of equal or greater value. All prizes will be sent by Microsoft or its agent no later than 28 days after the prize draw has been made by Microsoft. Unless otherwise stated, all prizes are subject to their manufacturer's warranty and/or terms and conditions.
Prizes may be considered as a taxable benefit to the winners. Winners will be directly responsible for accounting for and paying to HMRC, or other relevant tax authority, any tax liability arising on their prize. Please contact [email protected]
for any query related to the taxable amount for reporting to HMRC, or other relevant tax authority.
7. SELECTION OF WINNERS. All valid entries will be submitted as per the rules section for “Entry”.
Entrants who submit their Xbox Christmas wish list will be eligible for one (1) prize with a total of five (5) overall winners.
Winners will be selected by Microsoft on 12th December 2014. Chances of winning do not depend on the number of entries received. Selection will be at Microsoft’s sole discretion.
A maximum of one prize per eligible entry is allowed. Winners will be notified through the selected social media channels by 13th December 2014. If a potential winner has not confirmed receipt of the notification within TWENTY-FOUR (24) hours after the first attempt, an alternative winner will be selected on the same basis as described above. Winners may be asked to provide identification proving their eligibility before they are entitled to receive the prize. Winners may be required to participate in further publicity or advertising.
8. WINNERS LIST. Each winner consents to his/her surname being made publicly available upon request. Winner’s names will be available for a period of 28 days after the selection of winners by written request to [email protected]
9. OTHER. No correspondence will be entered into regarding either this promotion or these Terms and Conditions. In the unlikely event of a dispute, Microsoft’s decision shall be final. Microsoft reserves the right to amend, modify, cancel or withdraw this promotion at any time but only before the delivery of prizes, without notice.
Participants in this promotion agree that Microsoft will have no liability whatsoever for any injuries, costs, damage, disappointment or losses of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly from acceptance, misuse or use of a prize, or from participation in this promotion. Nothing in this clause shall limit Microsoft’s liability in respect of death or personal injury arising out of its own negligence or liability arising out of Microsoft’s fraud.
Microsoft cannot guarantee the performance of any third party and shall not be liable for any act or default by a third party.
10. SPIRIT OF THE COMPETITION. If an entrant attempts to compromise the integrity or the legitimate operation of this promotion by hacking or by cheating or committing fraud in ANY way, we may seek damages from that entrant to the fullest extent permitted by law. Further, we will disqualify that entrant’s entry to this promotion and may ban the entrant from participating in any of our future promotions, so please play fairly.
Microsoft cannot guarantee the performance of any third party and shall not be liable for any act or default by a third party. Participants in this promotion agree that Microsoft will have no liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses, costs, damage or disappointment of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly from acceptance, misuse or use of a prize, or from participation in this promotion. Nothing in this clause shall limit Microsoft’s liability in respect of death or personal injury arising out of its own negligence or arising out of fraud.
Promoter: Microsoft Limited, Microsoft Campus, Tha