Fantastic deal to Egypt. Maybe not for everyone.
5* all inclusive flying from London Gatwick on 9 May 2017 for £588 pp. Please check foreign office advice on travel to Egypt before booking.
Accommodation had 4/5 rating on TripAdvisor.
London Gatwick to Hurghada
Departs: 13:50PM on Tue, 09 May 2017
Arrives: 20:10PM on Tue, 09 May 2017
Hurghada to London Gatwick
Departs: 21:10PM on Tue, 23 May 2017
Arrives: 01:40AM on Wed, 24 May 2017
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating
Trip Advisor Rating of 4.0
Based On 1627 reviews
Ranked #59 out of 228
Sleep Quality:4.5 Rating for Sleep Quality
Location:4.0 Rating for Location
Rooms:4.5 Rating for Rooms
Service:4.0 Rating for Service
Value:4.0 Rating for Value
Cleanliness:4.5 Rating for Cleanliness
Aptly named for its size and range of facilities, the Grand Resort lies at the very heart of the modern resort area of Hurghada. Its unusual figure of eight design allows one side of the hotel to cater for those seeking lively entertainment and music while the other side offers tranquillity for those who simply want to relax and unwind.
3 km from Hurghada airport and 10 km from the Old Town, The Grand Resort is in the centre of the modern resort and is directly connected to the Grand Mall, which offers a beauty centre, pharmacy, mini market, jewellery shops, restaurants and coffee shops.
Food and drink
• 2 international buffet restaurants • Mediterranean and Middle Eastern restaurants offering set menu (all inclusive) and à la carte (extra charge) options • Additional all inclusive à la carte dining at the Grand Mall: Italian, Indian, Lebanese, Steak House & Pizzeria (drinks at extra charge) • Sandwich bar • 3 bars with pool/table service • “Club Orange” disco/lounge • Snack bar* • 24 hour lobby bar* • Tower Cafe*: traditional coffee house serving different kinds of Arabic coffees
• 3 freeform swimming pools (1 heated in winter) with sun loungers, parasols and beach towels.
Beach access is at the Grand Hotel. The gently sloping sandy beach is just 300m away, and includes sun loungers, parasols and beach towels.
• 2 children’s pools (1 heated in winter) • Maxi Kinder Club from Red Sea Hotels (ages 4-12 years). • Playground • Daily mini disco and kids movies • Maxi Baby Service • Children’s lunchtime buffet, drinks & ice cream 10:00-17:00.
Sports and leisure
• Live daytime and evening entertainment including live music and folklore shows • Aerobics • Aqua aerobics • Water polo • Darts • Table Tennis • Billiards* • Massage*
At the Grand Hotel:
• 2 floodlit tennis courts* • Aqua Centre* with windsurfing and water sports • Dive Centre* • Health Club* with sauna, jacuzzi and massage
• Free WiFi in Reception/Lobby area • Internet cafe* • 24 hour room service* • Laundry service* • Free daily shuttle bus to the Old Town • Christmas and New Year gala dinners*
Transfer time: 15 minutes Child age: 2-12 years Rooms: 828 Official rating: * * * * *
All rooms have king size or twin beds, bath with shower, WC, air conditioning (seasonal), hairdryer, safe and satellite TV. There is a telephone and mini-bar, both at extra charge. All have balconies or terrace.
STANDARD ROOMS sleep 2 adults and have a street view.
JUNIOR SUITES are larger with a lounge area and pool or garden view. Sleeps 2 adults and 2 children or 3 adults.
ONE BEDROOM SUITES have a master bedroom plus living room with 3 single sofa beds and a pool view. Sleeps 2 adults and 3 children or 3 adults.
POOL VIEW and INTER-CONNECTING ROOMS are also available.
Your All Inclusive package° includes
Buffet, breakfast, lunch and dinner
Afternoon tea, coffee and snacks
Unlimited soft drinks by the glass – 24 hrs
Unlimited local alcoholic beverages by the glass – 10 am to midnight
Time Diff.:GMT +2
Distance from Airport:2 miles