**CREDIT TO HUKD MEMBER '059' FOR SUGGESTING THIS IN THE MISC SECTION**
Balance Builder ISA
Balance Builder ISA
Up to 3.40% Gross* / 2.00% AER**
Build your tax-free ISA allowance with regular monthly payments
The Balance Builder ISA combines two fundamentals of saving:
* Saving reguarly to ensure that your savings grow whilst you earn, as it's designed for regular monthly payments from only £100.
* Ensuring all the interest earned is paid to you, through making the most of your annual tax free allowances.
Transfer your ISAs and benefit from this attractive rate
The Balance Builder ISA also allows you to transfer all your other ISAs held elsewhere so all your ISAs can benefit from this highly competitive rate, as long as a minimum of nine Monthly Payments are made before Account Anniversary.
Manage your cash ISA online, by phone or in branch
You can choose to open your Balance Builder ISA as an online ISA, a telephone banking account or in branch. This gives you the flexibility to manage your cash ISA from home or work, so it's perfect if you have a hectic life.
Tax free savings
An ISA is essential if you want to take advantage of your tax free savings allowance. Each year, you can invest up to £5,100 in cash ISAs and because you don't have to pay any tax, you can usually get the best savings interest rates from these accounts. But remember, once you've reached your tax free savings limit, you cannot put any more money into your account - even if you've withdrawn funds during the year.
Is this account right for you?
If you're still wondering which savings account is right for you, our friendly advisers will be happy to help. Simply pop into your local branch or call 0845 600 4368.
This cash ISA does not satisfy the minimum standards for a deposit-based stakeholder account.
* Product Terms
* ISA information
* Transfer your ISA
PDF Logo General Terms and Conditions
Summary Box Key Product Information for our Savings Account Account Name Balance Builder ISA
Interest Rates Paid on Account Anniversary
Variable, Excluding Bonus Variable, Including Bonus
2.00% AER** 3.40% Gross*
Tax Status Interest will be paid Gross*.
Conditions for bonus payment You must make at least nine further Monthly Payments before the Maturity Date and the account must remain open until the Account Anniversary.
Withdrawal arrangements Withdrawals can be made without notice or penalty.
Account Operation By branch, post, telephone or online.
Additional Important Information
Maturity Date Account Anniversary
Interest Payment Account Anniversary
Minimum Balance £1
Maximum Balance £5,100 Allowance for 2010/2011 tax year.
Transfers from other ISA providers are also permitted.
Minimum Regular Investment £100
Maximum Regular Investment £500
Subject to usual ISA limits.
Product Special Conditions
The Newcastle's General Terms & Conditions will apply unless they are inconsistent with these Special Conditions, effective from the date of the account opening.
1. The account is a variable rate account.
2. The account can be operated in branch, by post, telephone or online.
3. The minimum balance to be held in the account is £1. The maximum investment is your allowance for 2010/2011 tax year of £5,100. Transfers from other ISA providers are also permitted.
4. The account can be held in a single name only.
5. Withdrawals can be made without notice or penalty.
6. Interest is calculated daily and is credited to the account on Account Anniversary.
7. The bonus on the Account is variable, calculated daily and is paid on the Maturity Date.
8. To qualify for a bonus you must make at least nine further Monthly Payments before the maturity date and the account must remain open until the Account Anniversary.
9. A 'Monthly Payment' is defined as a minimum investment of £100 and a maximum of £500 in a calendar month.
10. 'Account Anniversary' means twelve months from account opening and each subsequent twelve month period.
11. On maturity the Account will automatically transfer to the Newcastle's Maturity+ ISA (Issue 2). A no notice, penalty free variable rate ISA.
12. Details are correct as at 06/04/2010.