Warner Music Entertainment Limited Stock Still £6.99 @ Zavvi
1. Yakety Yak - Coasters
2. What'd I Say (parts 1 & 2) - Charles, Ray
3. Hang Up My Rock 'n' Roll Shoes - Willis, Chuck
4. Devil Or Angel - Clovers
5. La Bamba - Valens, Ritchie
6. Beyond The Sea - Darin, Bobby
7. Treasure Of Love - McPhatter, Clyde
8. Kookie Kookie - Byrnes, Edward & Connie Stevens
9. Beggar For Your Kisses, A - Diamonds
10. Jim Dandy - Baker, LaVern
11. Shake Rattle And Roll - Turner, 'Big' Joe
12. Teardrops From My Eyes - Brown, Ruth
13. Gee Whiz Look At His Eyes - Thomas, Carla
14. Mr Lee - Bobbettes
15. Since I Met You Baby - Hunter, 'Ivory' Joe
16. Gators Groove - Jackson, Willis
17. Sh Boom - Chords
18. Jam Up - Ridgley, Tommy
19. Cathy's Clown - Everly Brothers
20. Spanish Harlem - King, Ben E.
1. Rock Rock Rock (feature film starring Tuesday Weld/DVD)
One of the earliest attempts to capture the excitement of rock 'n' roll music on film, Rock Rock Rock featured an impressive cast list, including the man who first coined the phrase rock 'n' roll (Alan Freed) and some of the genres early pioneers, including Chuck Berry, Frankie Lymon and Johnny Burnette. The storyline, such as it is, concerns the quest of a teenage girl trying to earn enough money to buy a dress for a school dance, but all that really matters are the performances of the likes of The Moonglows and The Flamingos, among the greatest vocal groups of all time.
A high school girl (Tuesday Weld) schemes to get herself a new prom dress. That's the plot of this musical relic, which showcases many of the early faces of rock 'n roll. Legendary DJ Alan Freed hosts the prom in the film, which also features appearances by Frankie Lyman, The Moonglows, The Flamingos, LaVerne Baker, and the Johnny Burnette Trio. Connie Francis dubbed the vocals for Weld's singing parts. Campy and entertaining, ROCK, ROCK, ROCK! is an invaluable document of the early days of rock 'n roll!