Brand new from OCZ, a 3.5" (desktop) size version of their very reputable solid state drives. With the increase in physical size comes an increase in capacity and drop in cost!
Best price I can find for these so far, free shipping if forum members with a certain number of posts and length of time being a member, otherwise £8 postage.
OCZ Vertex 2 SATA II 3.5” Solid State Drives deliver the same industry-leading performance as the 2.5” edition in a larger, lower cost per gigabyte form factor to easily integrate into desktop applications without the need to install additional hardware.
Designed to excel in both sequential and random read/write speeds up to 50,000 4KB random write IOPS, the 3.5” Vertex 2 maximizes productivity when used as a primary storage or boot drive, minimizing program load times and completing tasks with blazing speed. Using the latest controller technology, the 3.5” Vertex 2 provides a faster, more responsive PC experience complete with TRIM support to keep your drive operating at peak performance in Windows 7 systems. Built with SATA 3Gb/s, Vertex 2 3.5” drives easily integrate into today’s desktop platforms as the ultimate storage upgrade.
- Max Read: up to 285MB/s
- Max Write: up to 275MB/s
- Sustained Write: up to 250MB/s
- Random Write 4KB (Aligned): 50,000 IOPS
- Available in 90GB to 480GB capacities
- Native TRIM support
- Max IOPS Firmware
- Seek Time: .1ms
- 3.5" Anodized Casing
- 146 (L) x 101.6 (W) x 25.40mm (H)
- Operating Temp: 0°C ~ 70°C
- Storage Temp: -45°C ~ +85°C
- Low Power Consumption: 2W in operation,.5W in standby
- Shock Resistant up to 1500G
- RAID Support
- Compatible with Windows XP, Vista, 7, Mac OS X and Linux
- MTBF: 2 million hours
- Ideal for desktop systems (no need for converter brackets)
- 3-Year Warranty