A Brief History of Foot Locker
The first Foot Locker store appeared in 1974 and was originally a subsidiary arm of the Woolworth Company in the US. Due to declining sales in Woolworth's department stores, Foot Locker was made into its own company in 1988.
Throughout the 1990s and 2000s, Foot Locker expanded through a series of mergers and acquisitions both in the US and beyond, opening the doors of its first UK store in 1990. Today, there are more than 2,500 Foot Locker stores in around 20 countries worldwide, with more than 60 of which being in the UK. This makes Foot Locker the world's largest sports footwear retailer.
The company's success has been hugely aided by some memorable marketing campaigns, and also the dedication to the "Sneaker way of life". Foot Locker prides itself on being at the forefront of new and developing trends in sneakers and on being an expert in the field, as well as working with sneaker manufacturers and designers to create exclusive product lines for Foot Locker customers. This rapid growth and dedication to the product mean that Foot Locker will be hard to shift as the sneakers market leader for the foreseeable future.
Foot Locker Store Finder and Online Presence
You can search for your nearest Foot Locker store, using the online store locator on their website.
If there's no Foot Locker store in your area, or you prefer to do your shopping from the comfort of your own home, you can simply go to www.footlocker.co.uk. Here, you can browse the sneakers and accessories as well as make online purchases.
Product Range at Footlocker.co.uk
The departments at Footlocker.co.uk are divided as follows:
- Men – Further divided into subcategories of Shoes, Clothing, and Accessories. You can filter by Brand, Sale items, Size, Colour, and Prince.
- Women - Divided into the same categories as Men's products, and searchable with the same filters.
- Kids – Kids products are divided by age into categories of Infants, Pre-School, and Grade School. Filters are the same as in the other departments.
- Exclusive Items – Here, you can browse the sneakers and accessories that are made exclusively for customers of Foot Locker.
Most Popular Brands at Foot Locker:
Sales and Deals at Foot Locker
You can find a wide range of great offers and discounts at footlocker.co.uk on their Sale page. There is often a variety of different products across the range here, and it's definitely worth checking up on every so often if you're on the lookout for a bargain.
Also, signing up to the Foot Locker newsletter gives you access to a host of exclusive offers, as well as the latest sneaker news and trends.
Foot Locker has also been a regular participant in the worldwide discount shopping extravaganza that is the weekend of Black Friday and Cyber Monday. Last year saw big discounts of a range of different sneakers and other products and this year looks to follow suit. If you can wait for the last weekend of November to roll on around, then this is usually a great time to pick up bargains.
Registering an Account at Foot Locker
If you wish to register an account at footlocker.co.uk, there are a range of advantages for doing so. It is, however, not necessary to do so in order to buy something. Creating an account is quick and easy and the benefits include:
- Fast checkout: Your addresses are saved for future purchases.
- Wishlist: You can add items to your wishlist that you want to buy later.
- Order status: Check order history, track a package and manage returns.
- Personal details: Manage your data.
Payment Methods at Foot Locker
Foot Locker accepts various different types of payment including major credit and debit cards such as MasterCard, Visa, and Delta, as well as PayPal.
Delivery Options at Foot Locker
Foot Locker offers UK customers a standard shipping option. It takes around 5 working days and costs £5. For orders of £60 or more, delivery is free. All deliveries are handled by a UPS courier service and take place between 8:00 and 18:00 on business days. Orders can be tracked using the link in your Shipping Confirmation e-mail, by using your Foot Locker account, or via the UPS Track and Trace service on their website.
Foot Locker also delivers to some other EU countries for a cost of €7. To see which countries and get further information, see the delivery details on their website.
Returns and Refunds at Foot Locker
If you are unhappy with the product(s) you’ve ordered at Foot Locker and want to return them, the company operates a free of charge returns policy, within a period of 28 calendar days after the date of delivery. You can either bring the product(s) in person to a Foot Locker store or arrange to have them returned using a UPS courier service. All products must be in their original condition, along with all the original tags and packaging.
To return an item by UPS courier, follow these steps:
- Log in to your Foot Locker account and find and select the order(s) you want to return.
- Mark the item(s) and select your reason for returning your order.
- Pack the product(s) securely in a box or bag, and seal the package well.
- Find the return shipping label that was sent along with your original order and attach it to the return package.
- Contact UPS on 03457 877877 to arrange a pick-up.
- When the UPS driver arrives, make sure that he or she signs the relevant part of your return label and keep it safe for your records.
You may choose to receive a replacement, exchange or full refund. Please note that shipping costs will not be reimbursed for returns of part of a larger purchase. Only full returns are eligible for reimbursement of delivery costs.
Foot Locker on Social Media
Foot Locker has a strong following on social media. Those following the company are amongst the first to hear about the latest sneaker news and trends, as well as having access to a host of exclusive offers and deals. If you're looking to save some cash at footlocker.co.uk, then keeping tabs on the company's various social media channels is a good way of doing so!
You can also shop the latest sneakers and be in the know about the latest trends in streetwear with the Foot Locker app. You can download it for Apple´s mobile devices at the iTunes store and for Android devices in the Google Play store.
Contacting Foot Locker in the UK
You can get in touch with the Foot Locker UK Customer Care team using one of the following methods of contact:
- By phone: 0800 3316062, free from landlines. Charges may apply from mobile phones. The Customer Care line is open Monday to Friday from 08:00 to 20:00 and Saturdays, Sundays and Bank Holidays from 09:00 to 17:00.
- By e-mail: [email protected]
- If you'd prefer to do your communication the old fashioned way, then put pen to paper and send your correspondence to the following address:
- Foot Locker Europe.com B.V.
Ir. D.S. Tuijnmanweg 3-5
4131 PN Vianen, The Netherlands
KvK Utrecht no. 30181126
You can also see Foot Locker's FAQs and get an overview of their customer care at a special section on their website.
Don't spend more than you have to on your next pair of sneakers from footlocker.co.uk. Make the most of the big saving opportunities that are available on the dedicated Foot Locker page at HotUKDeals.