The Aspire 5742 meets your daily computing needs with blazing processor performance and impressive graphics. HD media playback offers richer entertainment at home or on the road, while boundary-free wireless communication keeps you in touch with family and friends all the time. What's more, Acer's special 16:9 Home Touch Design provides simple usability for more relaxed computing.
Intel Pentium Dual Core P6100 2GHz
3GB DDR3 1066MHz
2 x soDIMM slot
Operating System: Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium
15.6” Active Matrix TFT Colour LCD CineCrystal
16:9 Aspect Ratio
16.7 Million Colours
Resolution: 1366 x 768
Keyboard and Touchpad
Wifi IEEE 802.11b/g/n
6 Cell Lithium Ion (Li-Ion) 4400 mAh
Battery Life 3.5hours
65Watt AC Adapter
Width 381 mm
Depth 253 mm
Height 34 mm
Weight 2.60 kg
3 x USB 2.0
1 x HDMI
1 x VGA
1 x RJ-45
Warranty / Miscellaneous
1 Year Manufacturer Warranty
ENERGY STAR Qualified: Yes
Camera Type: Integrated
Sensor Resolution: 1.3 Megapixel
Capture Resolutions: 1280 x 1024
Type: 2 in 1 card reader
Supported Flash Memory Cards: SD Memory Card, MultiMediaCard
OS Provided: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Edition
Microsoft Office Preloaded: Includes a pre-loaded image of select Microsoft Office 2010 suites. Purchase an Office 2010 Product Key Card or disc to activate preloaded software on this PC.
Software: Cyberlink PowerDVD , Google Toolbar, Adobe Flash Player 10, Acer Backup Manager, Skype, Acer ePower Management, EgisTec MyWinLocker, Adobe Reader 9.1, Norton Online Backup, Microsoft Silverlight, Oberon GameZone, McAfee Internet Security Suite (Trial), Acer Crystal Eye, eSobi, NTI Media Maker, Acer eRecovery Management, Windows Live Essentials - Wave 3.2, Acer Identity Card, Acer Registration, Acer Updater, Acer Accessory Store, Microsoft Office 2010 Starter, eBay shortcut 2009
Technology: 6-cell Lithium Ion
Installed Qty: 1
Capacity: 4400 mAh
Run Time (Up To): 3.5 hour(s)
Type: Keyboard, touchpad
Features: Built-in numeric keyboard, multi-gesture touch pad, Acer FineTip keyboard
Type: DVDRW (R DL) / DVD-RAM - integrated
Type: L3 Cache
Installed Size: 3 MB
Display Type: 15.6" TFT
LCD Backlight Technology: LED backlight
Max Resolution: 1366 x 768 ( WXGA )
Widescreen Display: Yes
Image Aspect Ratio: 16:9
Audio Output: Sound card
Compliant Standards: High Definition Audio
Audio Input: Microphone
Graphics Processor / Vendor: Intel HD Graphics Dynamic Video Memory Technology 5.0
Power Device: External
Voltage Required: AC 120/230 V ( 50/60 Hz )
Features: Security lock slot (cable lock sold separately), administrator password, system password, hard drive password, wake on LAN
Compliant Standards: ACPI 3.0
Networking: Network adapter
Wireless LAN Supported: Yes
Wireless NIC: Acer InviLink Nplify
Data Link Protocol: IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11g, IEEE 802.11n
Features: Acer SignalUp
Compliant Standards: IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11g, Wi-Fi CERTIFIED, IEEE 802.11n
Hard Drive: 250 GB - 5400 rpm
Installed Size: 3 GB / 8 GB (max)
Technology: DDR3 SDRAM - 1066 MHz
Form Factor: SO DIMM 204-pin
Processor: Intel Pentium P6100 / 2 GHz
Multi-Core Technology: Dual-Core
64-bit Computing: Yes
Features: Intel 64 Technology, Intel Advanced Smart Cache
Chipset Type: Mobile Intel HM55 Express
Service & Support: 1 year warranty
Service & Support Details: Traveller warranty - 1 year
Expansion Slot(s): 2 memory - SO DIMM 204-pin
Interfaces: 3 x Hi-Speed USB - 4 PIN USB Type A 1 x audio / video - HDMI - 19 pin HDMI Type A 1 x display / video - VGA - 15 pin HD D-Sub (HD-15) 1 x audio - line-out/headphones - mini-phone stereo 3.5 mm 1 x microphone - input - mini-phone 3.5mm 1 x network - Ethernet 10Base-T/100Base-TX/1000Base-T - RJ-45
System Type: Notebook
Built-in Devices: Speaker, wireless LAN aerial
Width: 38.1 cm
Depth: 25.3 cm
Height: 3.4 cm
Weight: 2.6 kg
Colour: Black IMR
Localisation: United Kingdom
1. Payment for the goods and delivery charges can be made by any method shown on the Suppliers website at the time you place your order. Payment shall be due before the delivery date and time for payment shall be a fundamental term of this agreement, breach of which shall entitle the Supplier to terminate the contract immediately.
2. There will be no delivery until cleared funds are received.
Payments shall be made by you without any deduction whatsoever unless you have a valid court order requiring an amount equal to such deduction to be paid by the Supplier to you.
1. The goods you order will be delivered to the address you give when you place your order.
2. Orders placed before 8.00 pm on a working day will be processed that day and will be delivered as per the requested delivery option provided no additional security checks are required and all stock items are available. (A working day is any day other than weekends and bank or other public holidays.)
3. If delivery cannot be made to your address for reasons under the Suppliers control the Supplier will inform you as soon as possible.
4. If you deliberately fail to take delivery of the goods (otherwise than by reason of circumstances under control of the Supplier) then without prejudice to any other right or remedy available to the Supplier , the Supplier may:
a) store the goods until actual delivery and charge you for reasonable costs (including insurance) of storage; or
b) sell the goods at the best readily obtainable price and either (a), where you have not already paid for the goods in question, account to you (after deducting all reasonable storage and selling expenses) for any excess over the price you agreed to pay for the goods or charge you for any shortfall below the price you agreed to pay for the goods or (b), where you have already paid for the goods in question, account to you (after deducting all reasonable storage and selling expenses) for any proceeds received.
5. If you fail to take delivery because you have cancelled your contract under the Distance Selling Regulations the Supplier shall refund or re-credit you within 30 days for any sum that has been paid by you or debited from your credit card for the goods. On exercising your right to cancel you shall be required to return the goods to the Supplier. Should you fail to return the goods, the Supplier reserves the right to deduct any direct costs incurred by the Supplier in retrieving the goods as a result of such failure.
6. Every effort will be made to deliver the goods as soon as possible after your order has been accepted. However, the Supplier will not be liable for any loss or damage suffered by you through reasonable or unavoidable delay in delivery. In this case, the Supplier will inform you of any delay as soon as possible and will give you the option of cancelling your order at this point.
7. Upon receipt of your order you will be asked to sign for the goods received in good condition. If the package does not appear to be in good condition then please refuse the delivery. If you are unable to check the contents of your delivery at the point of delivery then please sign for the parcel as "UNCHECKED". Failure to do so may affect any warranty claims that you make thereafter.
1. Details of the Suppliers returns policy and procedures below:
We know that you will be pleased with your purchases from ebuyer.com. However, there may be occasions when you will need to return items to us.
Items Damaged in Transit
If any items were damaged in transit, we ask that you report it to us within 7 working days (please note that this is 48 hours for our business customers). If the items are visibly damaged on receipt, it's best to sign the carrier's delivery note accordingly. Items should be returned in their original packaging complete with all accessories and documentation. Once received back into our warehouse, we'll issue a replacement or full refund to you via your original payment method and reimburse your reasonable return carriage costs.
Items Faulty on Arrival
If your items are faulty on arrival, you have 28 calendar days in which to inform us of the fault (please note that for our business customers, this is 14 calendar days). Items should be returned in their original packaging complete with all accessories and documentation. Once we have verified the fault, we'll issue a replacement or full refund to you via your original payment method and reimburse your reasonable return carriage costs. We test returned items, and if a returned item is found not to be faulty by our technicians we will return the item to you, in this instance you will be liable for the return carriage.
Items Faulty in Warranty Period
If any of your purchases develop a fault, and it's more than 28 calendar days since receipt, then provided your item is within its warranty period, you are entitled to a warranty repair. In some cases, manufacturers provide a specialist full on-site service and/or telephone help facilities for your convenience which we recommend you use in order to correct the fault quickly. For business customers all warranty repairs after 28 days of receipt are referred directly to the manufacturer ( unless otherwise stated) Open-Box Items (Used)
Please note that our open-box (used) stock is sold with 90 calendar days warranty only, and therefore any claims under the warranty after 90 days of receipt will not be accepted.
If you change your mind
If you have simply changed your mind about any item ordered and you wish to return it, then in line with the Distance Selling Regulations (DSR) you can do so provided you inform us of your decision within 10 days of receipt. The item must not be used and must be 'as new' when returned to us. Once you've informed us that you wish to return goods under the DSR, you have 28 calendar days to do so, at your own expense. Once the item is received at http://****.co.uk/Ebuyer-Express-Shop,
we'll issue a full refund for the product to your original payment method. Please note this policy has some limitations and does not apply to business customers.(The Distance Selling Regulations do not apply to @work customers or our Business customers)
2. In particular, please note that any items returned to us which you claim to be faulty or incomplete are checked and verified by our technicians. Any returned items that are found not to be faulty or incomplete will be returned to you and we shall be entitled to charge you for the return carriage costs via your original payment method. In the event that your credit card has expired, or is declined we will hold the item(s) until full payment has been made for the return carriage.
3. Any items that you return to us are at your own risk, therefore we strongly advise all our customers to take reasonable care when returning any items to us for example, by ensuring the goods are correctly addressed, adequately packaged, and carried by a reputable carrier.
4. ebuyer@work: All products come with a 1 month guarantee. In the case of a fault, Ebuyer will offer to repair, replace or refund the cost of an item within a 1 month period. If a fault occurs outside of this 1 month period, you are required to contact the manufacturer directly.