This is the business when it comes to tv tuner capture devices. It has a great philips tv tuner which supports tv broadcasts up to 158 channels. It can capture from external devices in composite, s-vhs and firewire. It can even encode in Mpeg1 & Mpeg2 for cd/dvd video burning. The work is all done by the xrecorder so not only does it not tie up your pc like some other methods it is also quicker and the outputted files are a lot smaller than software compression methods. At 420g its not too heavy if you want to use it on the move and as you can see below the tv tuner supports pretty much everywhere.
" Receive TV broadcasts: 158 channels cable/antenna
" External inputs for video capture: AV and S-video inputs for external video resource like cameras and VCRs.
" 1394 inputs for external video resource like DV and DV8.
" Wireless remote control included: Channels up/down, Volume up/down.
" Full motion video capture:
- Hardware MPEG1
- Hardware MPEG2 720x480,640x480,480x480,352x480
" TV Function
158 channels cable/antenna
Re-Sizeable video window up to full screen
Auto scan to quickly scan available TV channels.
Favorite TV channel editing or rename.
" World Wide Television Video Standards
1. USA, Canada, Middle America: NTSC-M
Chile: NTSC-M, Brazil: PAL-M(60MHz), Argentina: PAL-N(50MHz)
2. England: PAL-I,
Germany, South-North Europe: PAL-B,G
3. Japan: NTSC-M
4. Mideast: SECAM-B,G
Turkey, South Arabia peninsula: PAL-B,G
5. Australia: PAL-B,G
" Capture Function (MPEG1/2 Hardware Encoder):
- Still image snapshot as JPG format.
- Fully compatible with Microsoft WDM.
- Full motion video capture up to 720x480 @ 30 fps (frame per second) interlaced.
- Mpeg video compression up to 15MB bitrate for USB2.0 or 4MB bitrate for USB1.1
- Video format compatible to DVD, SVCD and VCD
18cm width x 12.5cm depth x 3.5cm height
" External inputs for video capture:
- AV and S-video inputs for external video resource like cameras and VCRs.
- 1394 inputs for external video resource like DV and DV8.
" Wireless remote control included:
- Power off, Numeric Keypad, Channels up/down, Volume up/down, Mute....
" External interface:
- 75 ohm IEC coaxial input (cable TV), composite input (RCA), S-Video input( SVHS), Audio input(RCA), and DV(1394) - USB2.0 / 1.0 interface
" Valuable Friendly Software Package:
- Ulead [email protected]
- Ulead VideoStudio 7.0SE DVD CD disc
- Ulead PhotoImpact 7.0 CD disc
" Regulatory Compliance:
FCC Class B
" System Requirement:
- IBM PC Pentium III 500 MHz or higher
- Minimum 128 MB system memory
- Minimum 200 MB of free hard disk space
- VGA and with DirectDraw supporting 16 bit color or higher
- Microsoft Windows 2000 / XP / ME
- USB 2.0 or USB 1.1
- Microsoft Windows compatible sound card