Even though creator Ron Moore worked on multiple STAR TREK series, sci-fi fans expecting the millennial re-imagining of BATTLESTAR GALACTICA to have a similarly sunny outlook on the future didnt know what they were in for. Theres no Federation here; in fact, humans are alone, and after a genocidal attack by robots called Cylons, there arent even that many of them left. The expectations of the original series fans were also subverted by a key casting change: the rogue pilot Starbuck, originally played by Dirk Benedict, would now be a woman (Katee Sackhoff), but she would lose none of her predecessors bravado. The smart casting also extended to the series leads: Oscar nominee Edward James Olmos stars as the military leader of the human fleet, while the acclaimed actress Mary McDonnell plays the civilian president. As the human survivors try to battle the Cylons, who are led by the sexy Six (former model Tricia Helfer), they are also in search of Earth, which may or not be a myth. Though the story of robots rebelling against their human creators has been told before, it rarely has as much grit, grime, and grace as it does with BATTLESTAR GALACTICA. This collection includes every episode from the entire epic series.
* Limited Edition Tin
* Entire Battlestar Galactica series, from the Mini Series through to the Final Season (including the TV movie Razor)
* All season extras plus a new and exclusive bonus disc of previously unreleased material
* 36 page standard Battlestar Galactica book
* Audio/podcast commentaries
* Deleted scenes
* Battlestar Galactica:the lowdown
* Extended episodes
* Sneak peek at Caprica
* David Eicks video blogs
* What the frak is going on with Battlestar Galactica?
* Evolution of a Cue
* Behind the scenes featurettes
* Sketches and art