The railroad's got to run through the town of Rock Ridge. How do you drive out the townfolk in order to steal their land? Send in the toughest gang you've got...and name a new sheriff who'll last about 24 hours. But that's not really the plot of Blazing Saddles, just the pretext. Once Mel Brooks' lunatic film many call his best gets started, logic is lost in a blizzard of gags, jokes, quips, puns, howlers, growlers and outrageous assaults upon good taste or any taste at all!
Cleavon Little as the new lawman, Gene Wilder as the wacko Waco Kid, Brooks himself as a dimwitted politico and Madeline Kahn in her Marlene Dietrich send-up that earned an Academy Award nomination all give this sagebrush saga their lunatic best. And when Blazing Saddles can't contain itself at the finale, it just proves the Old West will never be the same!
* Scene specific audio commentary from director/co-writer Mel Brooks
* Additional scenes
* 'Intimate Portrait: Madeline Kahn' featurette
* 'Back In The Saddle' cast and crew reunion documentary
* 'Black Bart': the 1975 TV pilot inspired by the movie
* starring Lou Gossett Jr. and Steve Landesberg