This weekend, Sunday December 5, The Mail on Sunday is giving away the complete original recording of Blondie's Parallel Lines FREE INSIDE every paper. Also Bonus Exclusive Tracks Included on the disc. I'll have to buy it all over again !!!
Parallel Lines includes these fantastic tracks:
1. Hanging On The Telephone - Recorded in 1978 reached number 5 in the UK and inspired a number of cover versions.
2. One Way Or Another - Written by Debbie Harry in 1978, it reached number 24 in the Billboard Hot 100 but never released as a single in the UK.
3. Picture This - The first collaboration with producer Mike Chapman and was the lead single for the album reaching number 12 in the UK charts.
4. Fade Away (And Radiate) - This was on the B-side of the Picture This single featuring Robert Fripp on guitar.
5. Pretty Baby - Deborah Harry is simply sweet as honey on this track.
6. I Know But I Don’t Know - A lesser known Blondie track but of equal greatness with a great guitar progression.
7. 11:59 - Three minutes of pop perfection from Jimmy Destri.
8. Will Anything Happen - This track was on the B-side of ‘Hanging On The Telephone’ and featured Jack Lee.
9. Sunday Girl - UK number-one single for three weeks in May 1979 written by Chris Stein. There was also a French version created.
10. Heart Of Glass - Released as a single in 1979 topping the charts in several countries most notably in the UK and U.S., Rolling Stones ranked the song in their list of 500 greatest songs of all time.
11. I’m Gonna Love You Too - Originally recorded by Buddy Holly in 1958 and then recorded 20 years later by Blondie.
12. Just Go Away - Released on the B-side of the I'm Gonna Love You Too single in 1978.
13. What I Heard - Written by Matt Katz-Bohen and his wife Laurel.
14. Girlie Girlie - A take on a reggae classic popularised by Sophia George.
15. Mother - Dedicated to friends and family who lived and loved at Jackie 60, one of the best clubs in NYC, now a part of nightlife history, the song becomes an anthem for night crawlers around the world.