Looks like another Halfords Black Friday deal.
This is close to the top of the Boardman Performance range. Incredibly well specified for the price. Probably not worth the quoted was price of £1499 but definitely worth £999. As a member of British Cycling, I am optimistic of only paying £899 when I pick it up.
We all know that some Halfords mechanics are worse than others so please check that the bike is set up properly before leaving the shop.
The Boardman Road Pro Carbon Bike sets a new benchmark for disc equipped road bikes. Built around Boardman's award winning SLR Endurance frame platform and using their C7 carbon throughout, it provides the perfect balance between stiffness and weight, whilst maximising handling, power transfer and ride quality. Add in its Shimano 105 5800 groupset and FSA's Gossamer Chainset with Shimano RS505 hydraulic disc brakes and you have an unbeatable package that allows you to push your limits time and again on any course profile, in any weather, and at any time of year.
• Frame: C7 carbon fibre frame, SLR Endurance geometry and internally routed cables
• Forks: Full carbon fibre fork with tapered carbon steerer for precise handling and front end stiffness
• Gears: Shimano 22 speed 105 5800 gearing provides a wide gearing range, allowing for fine tuned gear selection
• Brakes: Shimano Disc Brakes provide powerful, controlled braking in all conditions
• Wheels: Boardman Aero profile disc specific rims with 25c Vittoria Zaffiro Pro Folding tyres make for a fast rolling, reliable and comfortable all-season wheel package