Great Islay whisky but I've rarely seen it below £50. Far better than the 18 or the 12.
Amazon did a lightning deal at £42 a little while back and that was a bargain, then I posted last time it went down to this price but it went OOS quickly.
- Matured in an inspired combination of both bourbon and sherry casks.
- It's the final three years spent in Oloroso sherry casks that gives it the rich, deep colour reflected in its name.
- Delicious dark chocolate, sun-dried fruits and a tell-tale wisp of Islay smoke with wonderful cedar wood and rich treacle toffee.
- 2015 Gold Medal Winner - International Wine & Spirits Competition
- IWSC Awards Tasting Note: As gloriously intense as the name implies, with leather and spice doing battle for your attention on the nose, all prevented from overdoing it by the elegant sweetness.