This kit is being sold by Saverstore for £58.69 with free collection from Luton or delivery costs £5.99. The same kit from BT's website costs £179.99!
TheBT Home Wireless Monitoring System Alarm is a complete protection system for your home that alerts you to potential emergencies wherever you are.
What is BT Home Monitoring?
BT Home Monitoring offers round the clock protection for your home and family, with wireless sensors linked to an Internet monitoring service.
The monitoring service sends alerts via text message, email and fixed line phone within the UK when triggered by a security incident.
What does BT Home Monitoring offer?
* Home protection - sensors are placed around your home to detect intruders or the threat of fire (fire detection requires smoke detectors - sold separately)
* Personal protection - the panic alarm function allows people inside your home to summon help in an emergency
* Intruder deterrence - the loud internal warning siren will deter potential intruders
* Easy installation - all components are pre-programmed for immediate use, without complex wiring
* Real time response - sends alerts via text message, email and fixed line phone within the UK if your home is under threat (call charges apply).
* Control and assurance - build an 'electronic neighbourhood watch' of trusted friends and neighbours.
* Remote monitoring - see the status of your home online any time, from anywhere.
* For use in any home - the starter kit suits a small to medium sized home.
Includes 3 months of free monitoring then £5 per month. Must have a BT phone line.
Extra PIR sensors are available for £23.49 or keyfobs for £18.79 so you could extend this to protect a larger home quite cheaply.