Call of Duty: World at War is the latest installment of the massively popular and critically acclaimed First Person Shooter series. By far the most gritty and dark realization of second world war action, Call Of Duty: World at War promises to continue the tradition of simulating the shocking horror of warfare, this time spanning two campaigns, the first being the Pacific war between the Japanese and the Americans and the second being the campaigns between the Germans and the Russians. With voice acting from the likes of Kiefer Sutherland and Gary Oldman, this Call of Duty title is proving to be one of the ultimate First Person Shooter experiences. With a host of Multiplayer options on offer as well as the gripping single player campaign, you can now play throught the whole story with a friend in the new Co-op options.
* Call of Duty 4 Technology - Built using the Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare engine, Call of Duty: World at War utilizes a bedrock of technology that delivers jaw-dropping visuals, while empowering players to employ elements like fire to affect the dynamics of the battlefield. Players that attempt to harness the power of new weapons, like the flamethrower, will find themselves capable of burning away environmental elements that give cover to a camouflaged enemy, leaving a charred battlefield ? and their foes ? in their wake.
* Coordinated Assault and Support -For the first time in the franchise, Call of Duty: World at War introduces co-op, bringing fresh meaning to the "No One Fights Alone" mantra. Call of Duty: World at War co-op features up to four-players online, or two-player local split-screen, allowing gamers to experience harrowing single-player missions together for greater camaraderie and tactical execution. The title also incorporates traditional multiplayer components such as challenges, rankings and online stats into the co-op campaign for deeper re-playability and advanced gameplay.
* New Theaters of Operation - Players fight as U.S. Marines and Russian soldiers facing enemies ? some new to the Call of Duty franchise ? that employ lethal new tactics and know no fear, no mercy, nor the rules of war. Epic conflicts are fought on multiple fronts, playing through the climactic battles of WWII in the grittiest, most chaotic and cinematically intense experience to date.
* Innovative Multiplayer - Multiplayer builds from the success of Call of Duty delivering a persistent online experience for more squad based interaction. New development with party systems allows an intimacy with squad based combat never before seen in Call of Duty. Combined infantry and vehicle missions add a new dimension to the online warfare and offers more PERK abilities.
* Cinematic Quality Graphics and Sound - Treyarch's award-winning sound department returns with effects that add to the already immersive cinematic intensity of the Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare game engine.
A No holds barred interpretation of events from two of the most brutal and bloody theatres of the Second World War. Definitely a must have for fans of the franchise and an excellent introduction for those who have never experienced the warfare offered by these incredible titles. Call of Duty: World at War will have you gripped from start to finish.