Price is £750 but...
with £50 voucher (CAN550D)
+ £50 Canon cashback (http://www.canon.co.uk/eosspringcashback/)
+ 4% quidco (£28)
this comes out to £622....good price...not as good as the Laskys one but currently best ive seen
Unfortunately i am looking for a Nikon d90 but this is a GREAT price if you go for Canon.
Ffor this price i think i might go for this camera..because i dont think i can find any camera this good for the price.
Less than a year after the launch of the EOS Rebel T1i (500D) comes the latest in Canon's hugely popular consumer SLR range, the Rebel T2i (EOS 550D). With the 450D and 500D Canon appeared to be pulling away slightly from the real 'entry level' (a sector driven almost entirely by price), and the EOS 550D - on paper at least - is no exception, outgunning many of the 'upper entry level' and mid range SLRs on the market today in terms of spec. To ensure it doesn't lose out at the price-sensitive DSLR entry point Canon is once again introducing its new flagship Rebel as a 'sister' product to the camera it ostensibly replaces. The EOS 500D (Rebel T1i) will be staying in the range for the rest of 2010 (at, one presumes, a more attractive price point). We would assume that the new model finally spells the end of the line for the current 'bargain' Canon, the venerable Rebel XSi (EOS 450D).
In many respects the EOS 550D is a 'baby EOS 7D'. As well as getting a resolution boost to a class-leading 18 megapixels and a significantly upgraded movie mode (which now offers full HD capture at up to 30 fps, has full manual control and the option to use an external stereo microphone), the EOS 550D gets the 7D's sophisticated new metering system (bringing it a lot closer to similarly positioned Nikon SLRs). It also sports a new widescreen (3:2) LCD panel, has improved button design and finally offers the ability to customize the Auto ISO function.
* 18 Megapixel APS-C CMOS sensor
* DIGIC 4 processor with ISO 100-6400 (Expansion to 12800)
* Continuous shooting at 3.7fps
* Full HD movie recording with manual control and selectable frame rates
* 7.7cm (3.0) 3:2 Clear View LCD with 1,040k dots
* iFCL metering System with 63-zone Dual-layer Metering Sensor
* Quick Control screen to change shooting settings
* Exposure compensation +/-5 stops (although viewfinder scale is still +/-2 stops)
* Select maximum value for Auto ISO
* External Microphone socket
* Movie crop function
* Eye-Fi connected functions compatibility