Doesn't seem to bad a price for this Keyboard, or a Mechanical-esque keyboard in general.
It uses "Hybrid Mechanical" switches of Cougar's own design, so unfortunately you cannot use custom keycaps made for Cherry, Topre or other more common switches.
Keys are backlit with 3 colours to choose from in the software included with the keyboard (Red/Yellow and Green). You can also change functionality of the keys in their software, reassign them or create macros.
A pretty positive review of this keyboard on Tweaktown here:http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/7548/cougar-450k-hybrid-mechanical-gaming-keyboard-review/index.html
And specs for anybody interested:
- Key switch: Hybrid mechanical switch
- Backlight: 3 colours
- Game type: FPS / MMORPG / MOBA / RTS
- On-board memory: Yes
- Polling rate: 1000Hz / 1ms
- Anti-ghosting keys: 26 keys
- Software: COUGAR UIX™ SYSTEM
- Programmable keys: 10
- Interface: USB plug
- Cable length: 1.8m braided
- Dimension: 170(L) X 470(W) X 40(H) mm
- 6.69(L) X18.50(W) X 1.57(H) Inch
- Weight: 1kg (2.20 lb)