New features in this version of CyberLink PowerDVD include:
- AVCHD and AVCREC playback support.
- BD-R 1.1, BD-RE 2.1, BD Profile 1.1 (Bonus View), BD Profile 2.0 (BD Live) playback support.
- TrueTheater™ video enhancement technologies.
- PowerDVD Cinema playback mode (with full remote control support).
- PowerDVD MCE plug-in (seamless integration with Windows Media Center).
- The chapter thumbnail viewer.
CyberLink PowerDVD is a software disc player with all the features and controls of a regular living-room disc player. CyberLink PowerDVD offers feature-rich navigation controls for an interactive and tailored viewing experience.
CyberLink PowerDVD supports the playback of Blu-ray Discs, DVDs, VCDs and a number of video and audio file formats. You can also play back AVCHD and AVCREC discs in some versions of CyberLink PowerDVD.
If that isn’t enough, CyberLink PowerDVD now has two different modes to choose from, lets you create your own versions of your favorite movies in the Movie Remix room, and helps you keep track of your discs and movie viewing history in the Movie Collection*.
CyberLink PowerDVD is the complete and comprehensive movie viewing experience for the PC. All you need to do is sit back and enjoy.
CyberLink PowerDVD includes the following main features:
- Supports the playback of Blu-ray Discs.
- Supports the playback of AVCHD and AVCREC discs.
- Supports DivX, DVD (MPEG-2), DVD+VR, DVD-VR, DVD-Audio, VCD (MPEG-1), SVCD, MiniDVD formats and DVD files on hard disk drive (HDD) playback.
- Two separate modes of CyberLink PowerDVD for playback: Classic mode and Cinema mode.
- Chapter viewer that lets you view a disc’s chapter thumbnails in fan or grid view.
- Create your own versions of your favorite movies in the Movie Remix room.
- Keep track of your disc collection, your favorite movies, Movie Remixes and viewing history in the Movie Collection.
- Read movie reviews and share your Movie Remixes with friends on the MoovieLive web site.
- TrueTheater™ HD option that up scales the original video to a higher resolution version, which is sharper and artifact-free. It is capable of up sampling 480p video up to 1080p.
- TrueTheater™ Motion* feature that enables frame rate up sampling, from 24 fps up to 60 fps, to make panning scenes, particularly in action movies, play more smoothly.
- TrueTheater™ Lighting (CyberLink Eagle Vision) video enhancement technology that dynamically adjusts the brightness/contrast/saturation ratios in scenes that are overly dark or too bright.
- TrueTheater™ Stretch (CyberLink Pano Vision) video stretching technology that produces minimal distortion in the center of the picture.
- Features TrueTheater™ Surround (CyberLink Multi-channel Environment Impression Mode), an audio channel expansion technology that converts stereo sound to a multiple-channel output.
- TrueTheater™ Surround (Virtual Speaker Mode) virtual surround technology developed by CyberLink.
- TrueTheater™ Surround (Headphone Mode) technology for headphone surround sound.
- Proprietary dual subtitles capability.
- CyberLink Mobility functions allow for longer movie playback time on notebook computers.
- 4X/9X Digital zoom equipped with location indicator.
- AB repeat function that lets you set your favorite scenes for instant repeat.
- Import and export your favorite bookmarks.
- Smart video de-interlacing ensures a smoother and clearer video image.