1. THE DEADLY ATTACHMENT: A German U-boat crew are found adrift in a dinghy. At the church hall, Mainwaring and his men are given the task of guarding them, but the roles are soon reversed when Corporal Jones is caught in an awkward position.
2. MY BRITISH BUDDY: Mainwaring arranges a darts match to welcome a party of American GI's to Walmington-on-Sea. But the appearance of some local ladies soon causes the welcome to turn sour.
3. THE ROYAL TRAIN: The Royal Train carrying the King is to pass through Walmington-on-Sea and Mainwaring's platoon has been chosen to provide a guard of honour. It's only when the Snettlefold train arrives first that the trouble begins ...
4. WE KNOW OUR ONIONS: On a training weekend, the platoon are making a mess of their initiative test - until they remember the consignment of Hodge's onions in the back of Jones' van...
5. THE HONOURABLE MAN: On the death of his uncle, Wilson has become a peer. Already invited to join the golf club, now he's been chosen over Mainwaring to welcome a visiting Russian dignitary.
6. THINGS THAT GO BUMP IN THE NIGHT: Having run out of petrol, the platoon seek refuge in a dark and gloomy house. They soon find themselves tormented by the howling hounds - and not just at night.
7. THE RECRUIT: When Mainwaring has to go into hospital to have an ingrowing toenail removed, Wilson takes charge of the platoon. But how will the Captain respond to Wilson's new recruits - the vicar and the verger!