Deathsmiles is a side-scrolling shoot-em-up that went into arcade operation on October 19th 2007, and was later released on the Japanese Xbox 360 in March 2009.
Unlike other shooting games, Deathsmiles is designed with a left/right shooting mechanic, surrounding you with enemy units and gunfire from both sides of the screen.
The player will need to employ strategy and think about enemy positioning as your shots may be blocked by obstacles. Deathsmiles features a selectable difficulty level that allows you to choose how to proceed through the game, ensuring that newcomers are as welcome as veterans. Different stories and conversations will appear during both single player and two-player cooperative play and depends on the character(s) chosen.
Different Game Modes:
* Arcade Mode - featuring the same gameplay and accuracy as the original arcade release
* Xbox 360 Mode - a high resolution version of the arcade game
* Version 1.1 - an original mode for the Xbox 360
* Revamped game system
* Revamped scoring system
* New ways of obtaining items
* Alterations to the difficulty selection system (1 to 4)
* Changes to the Power Up feature
* Direct your pet with a modified control system