Disney Store – A Leading Retailer of Toys and Unique Products
The world's very first Disney Store opened its doors in March 1987 in Glendale California. The store enjoyed instant success and by 1990 the Walt Disney Company had opened a further 50 outlets in the US. The Disney Store's first European store opened in Regent Street, London in 1990. Today, there are stores throughout Europe and in 1996, the company expanded its retail operation with the establishment of its online store. Disney Store sells a wide selection of toys, games, clothing, and accessories for children of all ages. It deals almost exclusively in Disney-branded merchandise and many items are exclusive Disney Store products that can't be found elsewhere.
How to Find the Nearest Disney Store
Taking the children on a trip to the Disney Store can be a lot of fun. Visit www.disneystore.co.uk and you can use the Store Locator to find your nearest high street branch. Just enter your postcode and you'll be shown a map pinpointing all the stores in your vicinity. The distance from your home is given as well as the address of each store, starting with the closest.
However, while your nearest Disney Store is ideal for special treats it can get busy. Shop online from the comfort of home and you won't have to stand in queues or deal with crowds. Shopping at disneystore.co.uk also makes it easier to keep special surprises secret, especially at Christmas and when kids have birthdays coming up. The stores only carry selected products but if you shop online you have access to the entire Disney Store range including exclusive online only items.
The Disney Store Product Range
You will only find one brand in the Disney Store, and that's Disney. The extensive range features a diverse selection of products that includes soft toys, figurines and collectables, dressing up outfits, children's accessories, jewellery, Blu-rays & DVDs, books, and games.
The Disney Store is known for film related merchandise that features some of the world's best-known characters. In fact, Disney Consumer Products was first established in 1929 to handle the licensing of an image of Mickey Mouse for use on products for children. Some of the most popular categories include:
- Mickey Mouse & Friends – including Mickey and Minnie Mouse, Donald and Daisy Duck, Pluto, Goofy and many others.
- Disney Princesses – Pick up everything from bedding to lunchboxes and collectable toys featuring Ariel, Aurora, Cinderella, Belle, Snow White, Merida, Tiana, Rapunzel, Jasmine, Mulan and Pocahontas.
- Frozen – Choose soft toys, games, dressing up and more that is inspired by Anna, Elsa, and Olaf.
- Disney Pixar – You can also select products that feature exciting films made by Disney Pixar Studios such as Up, Toy Story, Inside Out, Finding Nemo, Wall-E, The Incredibles, Cars, Monsters University, The Good Dinosaur and Brave.
Other categories that you can explore at disneystore.uk:
Alternatively, you can opt to browse merchandise that is suitable for Adults, Kids or Babies.
Whether you're shopping for gifts or looking for special pieces for the home it's easy to find the right products listed by department. Some of the most popular departments are:
- Toys – For play sets, action figures, die-cast toys, soft toys, puzzles and games, vehicles and RC toys, and games.
- Clothing – Whether you're looking for a cute Minnie Mouse dress or a Buzz Lightyear sweatshirt, you'll find it in this section. You can also browse a range of t-shirts and tops for the whole family, nightwear, outfits and sets, swimwear, trousers and shorts, skirts and dresses.
- Fancy Dress – Let your child's imagine run wild in clothing and accessories that allow them to dress as their favourite Disney characters.
- Soft Toys – Large and small characters, soft dolls and beanbags that appeal to all ages.
- Homeware – Everything you need to add a little Disney to every room. Bedding, curtains, dishes and tableware.
When to Find the Best Disney Store Offers
The Disney Store home page features the latest deals and online only offers. Shoppers can find bargains both on the high street and online during seasonal events like the January Sales, Easter and “Back to school“ sales at the end of August. The Disney Store also takes part in the annual Black Friday sale and the website has a page dedicated to the event complete with a countdown clock. The website also features a regularly changing selection of “Magical Disney Offers“ for online shoppers.
Ordering from disneystore.co.uk
It couldn't be easier to order from the Disney Online Store and there is a quick checkout option for guests. However, if you create an account with the Disney Store the site will retain your details so that checkout is even faster in future.
Payment Methods Accepted by the Disney Store
The store accepts Visa, Visa Debit, MasterCard and American Express. Shoppers can also choose to pay by PayPal.
Shipping Costs at the Disney Store
Enjoy free standard UK delivery when you spend over £50 on the Disney Store.
If your order comes to less than £50 you can choose UK Standard Delivery for £3.95. Deliveries are made from Monday to Friday, and occasionally on Saturdays. The delivery can take up to 5 working days. However, you can choose UK Express Delivery for £5.95 if you're in a hurry. Orders must be placed before 16:00. Monday to Friday for delivery the following day.
Make Returns to the Disney Store
The Disney Store allows you to return unwanted items within 30 days. Unfortunately, certain products such as personalised clothing or unsealed computer software can't be returned. Faulty products can be returned and shoppers should contact the Disney Guest Service Centre using the link on the website in the first instance.
Returns: All returns to the Disney Store must be made within 30 days of delivery. You can return products that qualify for Free Returns using the Hermes Parcelshop service. You will need a computer and printer in order to print the returns label.
- Go to the Hermes Returns page or click the “Returns“ link on the disneystore.co.uk page.
- Enter your details including your e-mail address and postcode and follow the instructions when prompted.
- Print your label.
- Package the product securely and be sure to enclose the Return Form.
- Attach the label securely to the outside of the package, making sure that you cover the original address.
You can also return items by Post using the address label attached to the packing slip. Shoppers should note that the free returns policy does not cover postage. The rate you pay will depend on the weight of the package and you should also ask for proof of posting.
The Disney Store: Social Media and App
Follow the Disney Store on:
You can download the Disney Store app for iPhone iOS or Android to keep up with all the latest offers or deals in store and online.
Contact Disney Store
Contact the Disney Guest Service Centre by telephone at +44 (0)800 0149648
Alternatively, you may e-mail the store using the form provided when you click “Contact Us“ at the foot of the homepage.
Use the following address to write to the store:
The Disney Store Ltd
Mail Code 2922
3 Queen Caroline Street
London, W6 9PE
We'll also keep you informed of the best Disney offers on a special merchant page at HotUKDeals.