£6.50 to £20 elsewhere
The TARDIS arrives in the 26th Century in a cave system containing numerous dinosaur fossils. The
"So we meet again, Doctor..."
Doctor's Party comes under suspicion from a military force, led by Lieutenant Scott, who are investigating the disappearance of a group of palaeontologists and geologists. They are all then attacked by androids - the true culprits - under the control of the Cybermen.
The Doctor manages to deactivate a bomb intended by the Cybermen to destroy an imminent peace conference. He then follows the bomb's activating signal to an approaching space freighter, commanded by captain Briggs, on board which it transpires that an army of Cybermen are concealed. An attempt by Adric to thwart the Cybermen's plans result in the freighter being inadvertently sent millions of years into the past, where it explodes and causes the extinction of the dinosaurs - and also the death of Adric. The Doctor destroys the Cyber Leader be forcing into its chest unit some gold fragments from a badge previously worn by Adric.
* Audio Commentary with the full TARDIS crew: Peter Davison, Janet Fielding, Sarah Sutton and Matthew Waterhouse
* 'Putting The Shock Into Earthshock': a brand new documentary by Ed Stradling, featuring interviews with the cast and fans of the series and examining the impact of the return of the Cybermen and the death of a companion (30 mins)
* 'Film Sequence': the complete film sequences for Part One, including previously unseen shots and dialogue
* Alternative CGI effects
* 'Did You See...?': a ten minute item on Doctor Who monsters from 1981, presented by Gavin Scott
* Isolated music score
* Photo gallery
* Pop-Up production notes
* Easter Eggs (hidden features)
* Interactive menu
* Scene access
Use the "£1 off Game's/DVD's & 50p off CD's" link to buy at this price