Dominican republic 2 weeks all inclusive with everything included for just £486 per person
Departing Gatwick 10/12/14 and returning early hours of xmas day
Staying at the Riu Merengue, Bahia Maimon
Right by the beach
2 lagoon pools
3 floodlit tennis courts
Free Wi-Fi in lobby
This beachfront hotel comes with a mix of restaurants and a pair of huge pools.
ClubHotel Riu Merengue has gotten the tropical setting down to a fine art – it’s backed by hills and fronted by a thick ribbon of sand. What’s more, the grounds are filled with palm-dotted gardens.
Set back from the beach is a massive swimming pool criss-crossed by a bridge and bordered by thatched parasols. Keep walking and you’ll come to two more huge pools, plus a separate one for children.
As for dining, the two main restaurants have buffet set-ups. Expect American-style spreads in the mornings, with eggs and omelettes cooked any way you want. And for lunch and dinner, there’s a pan-global offering. You can go down the à la carte route, too, with Italian cuisine and grilled favourites.
Caribbean Street is well worth a look, too. This little road is shared with the neighbouring hotel Riu Bachata, and it’s lined with rainbow-coloured shops selling everything from chunky jewellery to sun cream.
• On a picturesque part of the north coast alongside the Bay of Maimon
• 9km from Puerto Plata
• 3 swimming pools within RIU Merengue and use of 2 pools at Riu Bachata
• Pool/beach towel service
• Pool snacks
• Main restaurant serving buffet meals with themed buffets 3 times a week
• Pool restaurant serving snacks - turns into a speciality Italian restaurant and grill/steakhouse at night
• Lounge bars
• Full daytime activity programme
• Use of the fitness centre and pool tables in Caribbean Street
• 5 tennis courts - floodlit within the RIU complex
• Watersports including windsurfing‚ water polo, sailing‚ kayaking, snorkelling and introductory scuba diving demonstration in the pool
• Table tennis
• Evening entertainment with shows or live music
• Pacha Disco for over 18s only, open 6 nights a week 22.00-02.00
• 3 bars
• Children's pool
• Daytime entertainment programme for 4-7 & 8-12yrs at RiuLand Kids' Club
Hotel-run kids' club
• Use of facilities at the ClubHotel Riu Bachata, excludes evening meals
• The following facilities are not included in your All Inclusive package:
• Wi-Fi in lobby - 90 minutes free per day
• Banana boats
• Scuba diving courses and excursion dives
• Catamaran trips
• Motorised watersports
• Spa, over 18s only
• Beauty treatments
• Caribbean Street shops and services
• Laundry service, 7 days a week
• Internet access
• Disco drinks
All rooms have 2 double beds, air-conditioning, ceiling fan, satellite TV, radio alarm clock, phone, minibar with optics - refilled every other day. Standard rooms are suitable for a maximum of 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children under 12 years.
We also offer Suites.
Suites sleep up to 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children and have a lounge with additional TV and a larger bathroom with hairdryer. There are 2 rooms but no door to separate them.
No. of rooms
Honeymooners will receive a complimentary bottle of rum and fruit upon arrival.
Facilities that don't form part of your All Inclusive package may incur extra local charges, please see the A-Z Guide
Travel longhaul with Thomson Airways and you can look forward to…
33-inch seat pitch as standard – that’s more legroom in longhaul economy than BA, Virgin Atlantic, bmi and Monarch*
Comfy leather seats
Cutting-edge seatback entertainment
Upgrade to Premium Class and you’ll get all this plus at least a whopping 36 inches all to yourself. Talk about living the high life!