Based on Daphne Du Maurier's gripping occult thriller. When a little girl is accidentally drowned, her parents go to Venice to try and move on. There they meet a strange clairvoyant, who tells them their daughter is very much alive - and gives them ominous messages from the grave. As their whole world starts to disintegrate around them, everyday objects turn into omens of doom and ordinary events become terrifying. The father (Sutherland) begins a frantic search for his daughter, through the deserted canals and menacing alleys of Venice in winter, into a world where nobody can be sure what is real and what is illusion until the macabre and shattering climax...
* Digitally restored feature
* Introduction from Alan Jones, author of the Rough Guide To Horror
* Exclusive audio commentary from director Nicolas Roeg
* 'Looking Back': a 'making of' documentary including interviews with Roeg, the cinematographer and editor
* Exclusive interview with composer Pino Donnagio
* Booklet including rarely seen behind-the-scenes stills and a new essay by '70s cinema expert Ryan Gilbey