Dunelm – From Market Stall to National Chain
In 1979 Bill and Jean Adderley opened a market stall in Leicester selling home textiles. Six years later, they opened the first Dunelm store in Churchgate in Leicester. Business grew and grew, and the Adderleys continued to open new stores across the UK. In 1991, they opened their first superstore in Rotherham. In 2001, Dunelm acquired a company named Bellbird. Bellbird’s manufacturing facility was renamed the ‘Dunelm Manufacturing Centre’ and the company began manufacturing custom-made blinds, curtains, and accessories. In 2006, Dunelm opened its 80th store. Now a member of the FTSE 250 Index, the company floated on the London Stock Exchange.
Shopping at Dunelm
As of today, Dunelm operates more than 150 stores across the UK. To find your nearest shop, visit their website and use the Store Locator.
Dunelm also has an online store at www.dunelm.com, which is certified as a safe place to shop thanks to its Trusted Shops seal. Trusted Shops rates e-commerce stores on data protection, costs and payment, returns processing, delivery terms, and quality of customer service.
Products Available at Dunelm
The British retailer offers a wide range of products in local stores and their online shop:
- Homewares – From bedding to food preparation utensils, Dunelm offers everything you need to make a house a home.
- Furniture – Furniture for every room in the house including beds, sofas, coffee tables, sideboards, and dining room tables.
- Garden – Garden furniture sets, gazebos, and loungers for enjoying the summer months.
- Kids – Everything you need to decorate your childrens' bedrooms including bedding, furniture, curtains and blinds.
- Rooms – Navigate the website by room. View furniture and furnishings for the living room, bedroom, kitchen, dining room, hallway, bathroom, and nursery.
- Made to Measure – Order made to measure curtains, blinds, and cushion covers.
The top 10 brands that are available at Dunelm:
Finding the Best Dunelm Deals
There are several ways to save on orders at Dunelm.com.
Firstly, Dunelm.com has a section of its website that’s dedicated to their latest special offers and one that lists all of the items in clearance. Both of these sections are great starting points for finding the best deals.
Dunelm also takes part in Black Friday, and the best deals are posted on their Black Friday deals page. In the run-up to Christmas, this can be one of the best times to find a Dunelm bargain. Voucher codes are another great way to save money at dunelm.com.
Shopping at Dunelm.com
You don´t need to create an account when you want to shop at Dunelm´s online shop although there are some benefits for doing so. One is that your payment and other personal details are saved for the next time.
Although Dunelm doesn’t have its own loyalty programme, you can collect Nectar points when you shop at Dunelm and other stores participating in the programme You´ll get 2 Nectar points (more info) for each whole pound you spend. After collecting, you can redeem the points in different stores for money or you can get e-vouchers for them at a number of partners.
Payment Methods at Dunelm.com
Dunelm accepts the following payment methods: Visa, Visa Debit, MasterCard, Maestro, and PayPal. It’s also possible to pay in cash if you shop in a physical Dunelm store, and you can reserve the items that you wish to purchase so that they’re held at your local Dunelm store.
Dunelm Shipping Options
Dunelm offers several shipping options, depending on the contents of your order. Delivery times may vary if you’re based in a remote part of the UK.
- Standard Delivery – Standard delivery is available for all items excluding furniture, large items, made to order furniture, and made to measure blinds and curtains. Standard delivery is free for orders over £49. For smaller orders, Standard Delivery costs £3.95. Delivery normally takes 3-5 working days.
- Express Delivery – Express delivery is available for all items excluding furniture, large items, made to order furniture, and made to measure blinds and curtains. Express delivery is free for orders over £299. For smaller orders, express delivery costs £9.95. Deliveries are made the next working day if ordered before 9:00 from Monday to Thursday. Orders placed between 21:00 on Thursday evening and 21:00 on Friday evening will be delivered the following Monday while orders placed after 21:00 on Friday and 21:00 the following Monday will be delivered the following Tuesday.
- Furniture and large items – Delivery for furniture and large items is free for orders over £299 otherwise delivery costs £9.95. Delivery normally takes 7-14 days but can take as much as 14-21 days, depending on the products ordered. Delivery is available Monday to Saturday and Dunelm will contact you to arrange a convenient delivery day.
- Made to order furniture – Free delivery is available for orders over £299. Otherwise delivery costs £9.95. Delivery times range from 7-8 weeks for fabric-based sofas and 12-13 weeks for leather sofas. Delivery for made to order furniture is available Monday to Saturday and Dunelm will contact you beforehand to arrange a convenient delivery day.
- Made to measure blinds and curtains – Delivery costs £5.95 and takes 10-12 working days.
Returning an Item to Dunelm
Most items can be returned within 28 days of purchase, providing they are in the original packaging. Made to order items such as sofas and curtains cannot be returned.
There are several ways to return an item to Dunelm:
- Instore – Use Dunelm’s store locator and bring the item along with the despatch note and payment method to the store.
- Collect+ – Smaller purchases can be returned to your nearest Collect+ location as long as the parcel is less than 10kg in weight and no larger than 60cm x 50cm x 50cm in size. You can find your nearest Collect+ location on their website. You will need to complete the returns form that came with your order and include your order number on the Collect+ sticker.
- Other Items – If your order is too large for Collect+ and you are unable to bring it to your nearest store, you will need to get in touch with Dunelm to arrange collection. You can do so by calling 0345 1656565.
Dunelm on Social Media
Dunelm is also very active on several social media sites:
Dunelm’s newsletter regularly features furthermore deals and special offers as well as tips on decorating and furnishing your home. You can sign up for the newsletter on their homepage.
The Dunelm Catalogue App
Dunelm also has an app which allows you to browse through their catalogue on your mobile phone. If you have an internet connection, you can go from the app directly to the website to see reviews from other customers, information about availability and shipping, and information about online ordering. The Dunelm app is available for iOS and Android devices.
How to Get in Touch with Dunelm
There are several ways to get in touch with the Dunelm customer service team:
- Dunelm Direct
- Green Street
- Manchester M26 3ED
- United Kingdom
Dunelm customer service is available Monday to Friday from 8:00-19:00 and 9:00-17:00 on Saturday and Sunday.
There’s also a very useful help section on Dunelm’s website that gives help on some of the most frequently asked questions for examples questions about shipping, returns, and using the website.
HotUKDeals collect all of the latest Dunelm special offers and promotions on this dedicated page. New deals are added all the time so check back regularly for the latest Dunelm promotions.