Just a bit cheaper than Amazon & Zavvi, but still £39.99 at Play & HMV.
Encounters in the Natural World brings together five stunning films from legendary filmmaker Werner Herzog. Featuring previously unseen, breathtaking scenery and wildlife, these films span the globe, from desert to jungle to tropical to frozen. They detail the rich tapestry of life on our planet and how we interact with it. There are moments of visual poetry and profound insight. And there is always humour. These films, like all of Werner Herzog's work, shine a light on the way we live in the world. And we are the better for it.
1. Encounters at the End of the World: Herzog ventures into the beautiful polar landscape of Antarctica, discovering the unique and previously unrecorded wildlife living there, and gains rare access to the hidden society of scientists who call this place home.
2. Grizzly Man: The acclaimed portrait of Timothy Treadwell, a charismatic bear enthusiast who lived amongst these powerful predators in remote parts of Alaska for thirteen summers, before succumbing to their ferocious nature.
3. The White Diamond: The visually stunning story of Graham Dorrington's quest to fly a custom-built airship over the rain forest canopies of Guyana, whilst battling to overcome the haunting memories of a similar expedition that ended tragically with the death of his friend.
4. La Soufri?: As a volcano is about to erupt on the island of Guadaloupe, all inhabitants flee for their lives, apart from one man who refuses to leave and accepts his fate at the hands of nature.
5. The Flying Doctors of East Africa: Herzog's stunning portrait of the flying doctors service of the African Medicinal Research Foundation, and the people who devote their lives to it.