A fantastic compilation from one of Britain’s best loved comedians!
Join Eric Sykes for a collection of his most hilarious shows with guest stars including Tommy Cooper, Richard Briers, Sylvia Simms, Jimmy Edwards, Rula Lenska, Joanna Lumley, Roy Kinnear, Henry Cooper, Lionel Blair, Spike Milligan and many more…
* If You Go Down In The Woods Today – Eric Sykes plays a scoutmaster who takes eight scouts camping in peaceful Tangle Woods. When he and one of the cubs become lost, their hilarious adventures are monitored by the Police, Army, Navy, Air Force, MI5 and a bunch of crooks, almost turning Tangle Woods into Armageddon.
* Rhubarb, Rhubarb – In this silent comic masterpiece, Eric Sykes stars as a golf-playing police inspector who meets his match in the local vicar. In a no holes barred game of golf, the outcome is dependent on divine intervention.
* The Plank – Among an extraordinary cast of famous faces, Eric Sykes and Arthur Lowe play two builders who find they’re missing a floorboard. As they go across town and back with a new one, they cause mayhem. The Plank has no dialogue but relies on sound effects and visual gags for its comic impact. A Montreux Award-winner.
* Mr H Is Late – Following the brilliant comic tradition of his other Montreux Comedy prize-winners, Eric Sykes’ silent film makes gestures speak louder than words. When a coffin on the 26th floor has to be delivered to the church, there’s total chaos – and riotous comedy with over a dozen famous faces caught up in the confusion.
* It’s Your Move – Eric Sykes’ silent piece stars an impressive array of British comic talent, in a story of a young couple moving house, and the hilarious mayhem which ensues when the removal men take over. Another Montreux Award-winner.